+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: "Ultima Ratio" — Thursdays, 20:00 CET

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Lamertu View Post
    I agree. But I think a reassignment later that week would have been nice for the player.
    Just gets very awkward when the GM reassigns people he is going to attack, because that obviously makes it easier for him to actually do it.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

I agree, but on the other hand keeping a player assigned to a country he is sure will be annexed in the next ten years is pretty awkward too.

Europa Universalis: RomeSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

I agree, but on the other hand keeping a player assigned to a country he is sure will be annexed in the next ten years is pretty awkward too.
    Not so pleasant for the player getting annexed, but at least not an unfair advantage to the GMs country.

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Scion View Post
    Not so pleasant for the player getting annexed, but at least not an unfair advantage to the GMs country.
    Sure, but I would say a player becoming a punching bag would be worse than the minimal advantage Austria might have gotten. No way an AI could have withstood an Austrian/ Venetian combo attack anyway.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2

You want me to make Milan AI because I planned to attack it, as a function of the Milanese player not doing any diplomacy at all before the game start? I mean, come on...how is that possibly fair on anyone!

I didn't actually have a clue that Milan had done zero diplomacy until it became evident during the unfolding of the war anyway. I assumed he would have made basic preparations for invasion due to the inevitable Austrian mission, but he didn't, and it backfired. I am sure he won't make the same mistake again, so its hardly an ultimately negative happening - learning from defeat is an important aspect of this game, and indeed, most things in life.
    sharpcat@hotmail.co.uk
    Steam ID: 'catchin_wreck'

MOROCCO in 'Cabal is for Winners'
    ENGLAND in 'Est Modus in Rebus'
    AUSTRIA in 'Ultima Ratio'

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2

And for the record, should Duke of Britain desire to rejoin the game as any nation at all, I am happy to accommodate him with edits that would reasonably reflect human guidance of said nation during the first session.
    sharpcat@hotmail.co.uk
    Steam ID: 'catchin_wreck'

MOROCCO in 'Cabal is for Winners'
    ENGLAND in 'Est Modus in Rebus'
    AUSTRIA in 'Ultima Ratio'

Milan can certainly be problematic if they're up against good Venice and Austria players. Still, it seemed like just a bit of bad luck that things turned out the way they did. I hope DoB takes up sharpcat's offer to re-perm a new nation for the next session though. There's still a few good choices.
    Italy in "Est Modus in Rebus"
    Portugal in "Ultima Ratio"
    House Capet in "CK2 For Cabal Winners"

MSN - wiggyboy316@hotmail.com

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Like Switzerland?
    "To brave men, the prizes that war offers are liberty and fame" - Lycurgus of Sparta
    -----------------------------------------
    none
    -----------------------------------------
    MSN: mokamester001@freemail.hu
    Email: bloodriver003@freemail.hu

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    I didn't actually have a clue that Milan had done zero diplomacy until it became evident during the unfolding of the war anyway. I assumed he would have made basic preparations for invasion due to the inevitable Austrian mission, but he didn't, and it backfired. I am sure he won't make the same mistake again, so its hardly an ultimately negative happening - learning from defeat is an important aspect of this game, and indeed, most things in life.
    Interesting, I assumed you knew Milan did not do any diplomacy because Scion said on the previous page: "I know he didnt, because they told me."

Interesting, I assumed you knew Milan did not do any diplomacy because Scion said on the previous page: "I know he didnt, because they told me."
    i found out during the session.

Europa Universalis IV

i found out during the session.
    Ah, I see. I thought you and Austria already made a deal where you could take Burgundy while he could take Milan . Guess he might have stood a chance in that case.

God, and death, ruler of lords Troxbox's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Lulz all obey me iam the richest country in this campaign!!! btw i don't approve english aggression

P.S spain is seeking peace in europe after many years of war with france <3 i hope for better relations
    A God amongst men, a legend amongst women.

Always Commando

Quote Originally Posted by Troxbox View Post
    Lulz all obey me iam the richest country in this campaign!!! btw i don't approve english aggression

P.S spain is seeking peace in europe after many years of war with france <3 i hope for better relations
    France is pleased to hear that the fine King of Castile has decided to pursue a more peaceful path with France.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMount & Blade: Warband

As long as the french aggression stops that is

I feel that next session will be very fun war or not, seems to be interesting

Always Commando

Quote Originally Posted by Troxbox View Post
    As long as the french aggression stops that is

I feel that next session will be very fun war or not, seems to be interesting
    What Aggression?
    Defending the poor people who cannot defend themselves but yearn to be reunited with their rightful ruler!

What Aggression?
    Defending the poor people who cannot defend themselves but yearn to be reunited with their rightful ruler!
    mate, you need waay better spin than that!

Quote Originally Posted by saharez View Post
    mate, you need waay better spin than that!
    Fine.

I attacked Burgundy because i wanted my stuff.

The king of Castille responds, Lulz

Always Commando

holland would like to open diplomatic channels with any nation that wishes to keep the dutch people alive and safe from english oppression, at this stage my survival rests soly with the holy roman emperor

It would seem that Im unable to find a sub for brittany, I'll PM sharpcat instructions should you find a sub

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast