• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

StoweMobile

Major
11 Badges
Feb 10, 2006
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • 500k Club
Ok, so I'm playing as the Byzantines and through a untimely death and then assassination that I had absolutely nothing to do with :cool: I inherited the Kingdom of Georgia...my question is what I should do with this. I still have Gavelkind succession, so I don't want to risk splitting my kingdom on monarch death. My question is, can I grant the kingdom to a vassal without losing them as a vassal...or will they become independent if I do grant them the kingdom. It seems like they would still be my vassal since the Empire rank is above the king rank, but I just wanted to ask and make sure. Will also keep some of my nobles from griping about wanting the kingdom even though they don't have a claim to it

Ok, that makes sense. Glad to hear this. Is this true for non-Empire's? aka, if I wasn't an empire, just a kingdom, can they have other kingdom vassals? Just for future reference

No, just empires. I would try to make Georgia a primogeniture succession law first (you'll have to wait ten years). Giving it to your primary heir is a good idea, though you may want to make it a priority to keep a land connection between Georgia and Byzantium.

If you are say King of France and you inherit England, giving England to your heir will make him independent though your ally in any wars that come along. Sometimes it is best to have a bunch of allied realms than one huge empire. Less plotting, and wars get easier to run.