• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Got it as Emperor of Trebizond.

641418FCF84381BAD2A79EDEB17CBEB570AF5531

Closed it with exorcism but still went down in history as 'Despot Alexios the Cruel'.

I wonder if the Mystic trait has any use: does it unlock new events? Does it make the Occult rumour event chain more likely to happen?

I sacrificed my daughter :D

I just filled it with rocks myself and got big bonuses to opinion. Anyway it was really really nice and hopefully we'll see similar events in the future as well.

I seem to have a problem with this event. I have been pressing the options for two straight years now and can't seem to "close the gates of hell". I'm just losing prestige with nothing working. I have three options and I tried them all. None worked. For two years!!! I don't want to start over. :(

I got this playing Leon, and it fired and fired and fired and it was annoying by the end (several -15 prestige hits). Does it do that often? I tried every choice at least twice, no idea what ended it, my last responses were just "go to H*** yourself!"

I tried 20+ times to resolve it and no luck. Is there any way to finish this event so I can go on with my game? This is getting stupid - I will actually have to reload my game to pre-event (10 or 15 years ago) just because of the random number generator which is, to say the least, broken. (90% chance to suceed -> fails 20+ times in a row. C'mon who made the RNG? Trained squirell?)

i got it 2 times as count of ulster, then, i decided to give up after the loss of 150 prestige....

Nothing seem to work...

I (King of Lenister) was looking over my vassals and saw that my niece (Countess of Lenister) had the modifier "Closed Gates of Hell", which gives her a +5 Learning, +5 Church Vassal Opinion, and +3 General Opinion. Was very confused, so I looked it up here. Would seem that my brother's otherwise rather innocuous daughter stepped up when the universe presented her the opportunity.

God was bound to throw her a bone eventually, what with me covertly assassinating her husband and three children to keep the county from passing to the Kingdom of Wales when she dies and all.

brainssssss