• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hystarea

Major
108 Badges
Apr 6, 2010
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Heir to the Throne
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
I've been playing a MP with two friends of mine, and a friend of mine assassinated the king of France. Not only just the king but the entire dynasty until the Capet Dynasty was destroyed. He also has done this many times before in his single player games. Only once was he discovered. But the new king (which was not Capet) could care less. Does the same thing happen to anyone else?

I think the chances should stay the same, but the consequences should be much worse if you are discovered.

Success chance and discovery chance don't need to be altered. What we need is the following:

1) As Vox Imperatoris says, bigger consequences for discovery. Sending out assassins is some bad mojo.
2) Cooldown. You should not be able to send out a dozen assassins in a row to finish the job. A month's wait or something, I don't know.

We need to teach the AI some sense, sometimes certain characters have endless kill lists and use 100% of their income towards this end, without concern for their infamy. After getting caught a few times, or being jailed over it, they should stop until the Dishonorable penalty wears off, as any sane human does.

I can say from experiance that if you set the price to 200 instead of 50, it changes alot of things, no more rashes of assasinations, which is always a good thing :)

Success chance and discovery chance don't need to be altered. What we need is the following:

1) As Vox Imperatoris says, bigger consequences for discovery. Sending out assassins is some bad mojo.
2) Cooldown. You should not be able to send out a dozen assassins in a row to finish the job. A month's wait or something, I don't know.

Yes, the cooldown is very important, as well. Yesterday, I went from a two-province minor Duke to Holy Roman Emperor because I voted for myself and had one other person backing me. The emperor's son had 15 dukes backing him, but when I saw that I was second in line, I killed the heir and then killed the emperor on the same day because there was no limit to the number of assassins (except gold). Instant promotion.

I should not have been able to send five assassins to kill the Emperor on the same day, and should certainly not have been able to take the throne that way without a fight.