+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Should Assassins be less successful (or be discovered more often)

Should Assassins be less successful (or be discovered more often)

I've been playing a MP with two friends of mine, and a friend of mine assassinated the king of France. Not only just the king but the entire dynasty until the Capet Dynasty was destroyed. He also has done this many times before in his single player games. Only once was he discovered. But the new king (which was not Capet) could care less. Does the same thing happen to anyone else?

I think the chances should stay the same, but the consequences should be much worse if you are discovered.
    Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.
    —Alcuinus ad Carolum Magnum

They should not be listened to who keep saying that the voice of the people is the voice of God, for the riotousness of the crowd is always close to madness.
    —Alcuin to Charlemagne

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireSemper FiMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Couldn't care less...

Don't make me get Mitchell in on this.
    "There are no limits to what science can explore."

-Ernest Solvay, Belgian Chemist

Success chance and discovery chance don't need to be altered. What we need is the following:

1) As Vox Imperatoris says, bigger consequences for discovery. Sending out assassins is some bad mojo.
    2) Cooldown. You should not be able to send out a dozen assassins in a row to finish the job. A month's wait or something, I don't know.

We need to teach the AI some sense, sometimes certain characters have endless kill lists and use 100% of their income towards this end, without concern for their infamy. After getting caught a few times, or being jailed over it, they should stop until the Dishonorable penalty wears off, as any sane human does.

A leader with a reputation for murder should have not a friend in the world. Especially a kinslayer.

Otherwise, I think it works fine now.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty 2
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

I can say from experiance that if you set the price to 200 instead of 50, it changes alot of things, no more rashes of assasinations, which is always a good thing
    MEIOU cookie From Gigau.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberSpyder View Post
    Success chance and discovery chance don't need to be altered. What we need is the following:

1) As Vox Imperatoris says, bigger consequences for discovery. Sending out assassins is some bad mojo.
    2) Cooldown. You should not be able to send out a dozen assassins in a row to finish the job. A month's wait or something, I don't know.
    Yes, the cooldown is very important, as well. Yesterday, I went from a two-province minor Duke to Holy Roman Emperor because I voted for myself and had one other person backing me. The emperor's son had 15 dukes backing him, but when I saw that I was second in line, I killed the heir and then killed the emperor on the same day because there was no limit to the number of assassins (except gold). Instant promotion.

I should not have been able to send five assassins to kill the Emperor on the same day, and should certainly not have been able to take the throne that way without a fight.
    Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.
    —Alcuinus ad Carolum Magnum

They should not be listened to who keep saying that the voice of the people is the voice of God, for the riotousness of the crowd is always close to madness.
    —Alcuin to Charlemagne

Its one of those things that might make more sense if it applied to your dynasty instead of just the current ruler.

+ Reply to Thread