• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

luraz

Sergeant
5 Badges
Jul 5, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • 500k Club
Hey ppl,

I havent bought CK2, because I am not really interested in this timeline(crusades/medieval). However, if there are any cool mods I am willing to buy it(just like I did with medieval total war 2 for the third age mod).
However, I cant enter the mods section as I did not buy the game (yet)....

Can some1 tell me what interesting mods are available?

Thx for your help!

If you haven't bought CK2, why would you ask?

Calm down there, herr watchdog.

As for the OP, this game just came out, so if you're looking for mods you'll have wait a bit. Right now the ones out are either balancing ones (Bella A- something and the like) or stuff that adds small things (like more Empires). There are overhaul ones being worked on (IE: Elder Scrolls and a Game of Thrones) but it'll be a while before they're out.

Calm down there, herr watchdog.

As for the OP, this game just came out, so if you're looking for mods you'll have wait a bit. Right now the ones out are either balancing ones (Bella A- something and the like) or stuff that adds small things (like more Empires). There are overhaul ones being worked on (IE: Elder Scrolls and a Game of Thrones) but it'll be a while before they're out.

This was the answer I was looking for. So there are also big projects, like the elder scrolls and game of thrones. Are there dedicated teams working on these mods?So will they ever be finished?
I know a lot of mods(at least in the total war community), never finished. So, how is the situation for CK2? And how long does it usually take to make a full conversion mod like Game of thrones or
elder scrolls?

Now im getting interested :rolleyes:

Thx for your help again!

The game has been out for a week, it is bit hard to say what is going to be the trend about mods.

Of course it is hard to say what mods will come out, as the game is out just one week. Still, I know that Paradox has its own community(EU2,EU3,HOI3, etc.) and I wonder does the community do a
lot of work for CK2? So in general, is it common that a lot of fans from the community start their own (long-term) mods?

This was the answer I was looking for. So there are also big projects, like the elder scrolls and game of thrones. Are there dedicated teams working on these mods?So will they ever be finished?
I know a lot of mods(at least in the total war community), never finished. So, how is the situation for CK2? And how long does it usually take to make a full conversion mod like Game of thrones or
elder scrolls?

Now im getting interested :rolleyes:

Thx for your help again!

No problem!

Generally speaking, for the early mods there are teams, but nothing as set in stone as , say, what Magna Mundi had.
Depending on the depth, it could take several months of modding work to get finished.
And the GoT mod is actually pretty far along. The thread in the mods section is 80+ pages and they've even set up their own message boards for it.

http://citadel.prophpbb.com/

So yeah, seems like this team will probably get it done.

There are some mods available already. Almost them, one that I made to improve the vanilla game a bit, especially in the area of the Holy Roman Empire. However most mods are currently working on balancing issues with the game and only some are expanding the game by adding some new decisions and events. Total conversions will still need a lot more time, especially if they are focussing on creating an entire new map. There are also a lot of small and some combi mods out there that add de jure new kingdoms for example. One of them which is quite good, but (as everything still unfinished) is the Lotharingia and Lowlands mod.

No problem!

Generally speaking, for the early mods there are teams, but nothing as set in stone as , say, what Magna Mundi had.
Depending on the depth, it could take several months of modding work to get finished.
And the GoT mod is actually pretty far along. The thread in the mods section is 80+ pages and they've even set up their own message boards for it.

http://citadel.prophpbb.com/

So yeah, seems like this team will probably get it done.

Ok THIS http://citadel.prophpbb.com/ was exactly where I was looking for! :happy: I know it will take some time to develop it, but that is not a problem for me, as I am usually
patient. I think I am convinced! :D

So is there a way to buy CK2 without the DLCs?(Which I do not really want, as I want to buy DLCs that I like) I have seen the game in the Netherlands for 28 Euro(physical distribution) without
DLC.
Is there something like this for digital download?

So is there a way to buy CK2 without the DLCs?(Which I do not really want, as I want to buy DLCs that I like) I have seen the game in the Netherlands for 28 Euro(physical distribution) without
DLC.
Is there something like this for digital download?

GamersGate
Steampowered

and a few more i'm sure