+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are there special mods for CK2?

Are there special mods for CK2?

Hey ppl,

I havent bought CK2, because I am not really interested in this timeline(crusades/medieval). However, if there are any cool mods I am willing to buy it(just like I did with medieval total war 2 for the third age mod).
    However, I cant enter the mods section as I did not buy the game (yet)....

Can some1 tell me what interesting mods are available?

Thx for your help!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWarlock 2: The Exiled

If you haven't bought CK2, why would you ask?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

It would be nice to know if there were any Manga Mundi type mods.....

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmerchant View Post
    to know if it is worth for him to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmerchant View Post
    Calm down there, herr watchdog.

As for the OP, this game just came out, so if you're looking for mods you'll have wait a bit. Right now the ones out are either balancing ones (Bella A- something and the like) or stuff that adds small things (like more Empires). There are overhaul ones being worked on (IE: Elder Scrolls and a Game of Thrones) but it'll be a while before they're out.

Quote Originally Posted by viruscarrier View Post
    Calm down there, herr watchdog.

As for the OP, this game just came out, so if you're looking for mods you'll have wait a bit. Right now the ones out are either balancing ones (Bella A- something and the like) or stuff that adds small things (like more Empires). There are overhaul ones being worked on (IE: Elder Scrolls and a Game of Thrones) but it'll be a while before they're out.
    This was the answer I was looking for. So there are also big projects, like the elder scrolls and game of thrones. Are there dedicated teams working on these mods?So will they ever be finished?
    I know a lot of mods(at least in the total war community), never finished. So, how is the situation for CK2? And how long does it usually take to make a full conversion mod like Game of thrones or
    elder scrolls?

Now im getting interested

Thx for your help again!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

There are several mod projects, but as the game is new, no mod is done yet. Work has just started on most of them.
    general Otto Metzler in a Federation of Equals

Maximilien Bellamy in "Edge of Europe"

Star Swirl the Bearded Baneslave's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The game has been out for a week, it is bit hard to say what is going to be the trend about mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Baneslave View Post
    The game has been out for a week, it is bit hard to say what is going to be the trend about mods.
    Of course it is hard to say what mods will come out, as the game is out just one week. Still, I know that Paradox has its own community(EU2,EU3,HOI3, etc.) and I wonder does the community do a
    lot of work for CK2? So in general, is it common that a lot of fans from the community start their own (long-term) mods?

Quote Originally Posted by luraz View Post
    This was the answer I was looking for. So there are also big projects, like the elder scrolls and game of thrones. Are there dedicated teams working on these mods?So will they ever be finished?
    I know a lot of mods(at least in the total war community), never finished. So, how is the situation for CK2? And how long does it usually take to make a full conversion mod like Game of thrones or
    elder scrolls?

Now im getting interested

Thx for your help again!
    No problem!

Generally speaking, for the early mods there are teams, but nothing as set in stone as , say, what Magna Mundi had.
    Depending on the depth, it could take several months of modding work to get finished.
    And the GoT mod is actually pretty far along. The thread in the mods section is 80+ pages and they've even set up their own message boards for it.

http://citadel.prophpbb.com/

So yeah, seems like this team will probably get it done.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

There are some mods available already. Almost them, one that I made to improve the vanilla game a bit, especially in the area of the Holy Roman Empire. However most mods are currently working on balancing issues with the game and only some are expanding the game by adding some new decisions and events. Total conversions will still need a lot more time, especially if they are focussing on creating an entire new map. There are also a lot of small and some combi mods out there that add de jure new kingdoms for example. One of them which is quite good, but (as everything still unfinished) is the Lotharingia and Lowlands mod.
    The HRE Revised Mod is a Holy Roman Empire and CKII balance mod aimed to stop want to be despot emperors in their tracks

Try the 3.4 version of the Age of Colonialism mod for Victoria II v1.4 beta 26 sept 2011

Quote Originally Posted by viruscarrier View Post
    No problem!

Generally speaking, for the early mods there are teams, but nothing as set in stone as , say, what Magna Mundi had.
    Depending on the depth, it could take several months of modding work to get finished.
    And the GoT mod is actually pretty far along. The thread in the mods section is 80+ pages and they've even set up their own message boards for it.

http://citadel.prophpbb.com/

So yeah, seems like this team will probably get it done.
    Ok THIS http://citadel.prophpbb.com/ was exactly where I was looking for! I know it will take some time to develop it, but that is not a problem for me, as I am usually
    patient. I think I am convinced!

So is there a way to buy CK2 without the DLCs?(Which I do not really want, as I want to buy DLCs that I like) I have seen the game in the Netherlands for 28 Euro(physical distribution) without
    DLC.
    Is there something like this for digital download?

When you buy it on steam you won't get the DLCs anymore, they were preorder bonuses.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by luraz View Post
    So is there a way to buy CK2 without the DLCs?(Which I do not really want, as I want to buy DLCs that I like) I have seen the game in the Netherlands for 28 Euro(physical distribution) without
    DLC.
    Is there something like this for digital download?
    GamersGate
    Steampowered

and a few more i'm sure
    the Original
    aka ECLIPSE

PI's most advocate supporter, and her hardest critic

You guys are right. Still dont get it why the digital version is around 40 Euro and the physical version is less than 30 Euro.

+ Reply to Thread