+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pros and Cons of Tactical Bombers vs Close Air Support

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty 2
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Traks View Post
    Their usefulness of naval attack is severely limited by range.
    I found them to be outstanding when you need to get across the channel and also as a protection from naval invasions. It's quite hard to conduct an amphibious landing without going into CAS range
    "Experience is something you don't usually get until just after you need it"

Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi

Originally Posted by Boswell
    I have found CAS to be deadly on the eastern front; especially effective on offense when i find my plain infantry up against red army tanks. A small group of 2xCAS, if protected from soviet interceptors, can completely change the outcome of such a battle. The CAS wings will truly decimate the soviet armored regiments after a few days.
    Originally Posted by ltccone
    TACs with tank buster leaders could have done the same thing.
    Yeah I second that, 2,3 or 4 TAC in a wing with TB will be much more effective bombing red army tanks on the eastern front and will change the outcomes far better than 2xCAS.

airpower in this is nothing what it was on hoi2. CAS can be useful depending on your strategy, as Germany, USA or Russia I would build TACs and CAS, as anyone else, probably just TACs with the possible exception of a few as France.
    While Nobunaga, Hideyoshi and Tokugawa were watching a cuckoo bird waiting for it to sing but the bird doesn't sing and Nobunaga says that "Little bird, if you don't sing I will kill you." And Hideyoshi says that "Little bird, if you don't sing, I'll make you sing." Then Tokugawa Ieyasu says that " Little bird, if you don't sing I will wait for you to sing."

Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi

CAS are the poor man's TAC.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2