• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Susana

COO Paradox Interactive
43 Badges
Aug 18, 2004
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Paradox Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Galactic Assault
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-HOI3SS/hearts-of-iron-iii-stars-and-stripes-dlc
http://store.steampowered.com/app/42905

Key features:
A new face of war - New graphical interface to fit the mood of the USA focus. New unit models with actual 3D guy and weapon on the unit pictures.
Lead some famous US divisions through the war, with special events, techs and units. 101st airborne, the US Marines Corps, the Rangers Corps, the Paramarines and more!
The nerve of war - Historically accurate Great Depression and recession problems, with new laws, decisions and strategic effects related to the world commerce.
Awakening of the Giant- Starts with few manpower and other stuff to deal than the war and become year after year the more powerful economy and army of the world. Discover the Arsenal of Democracy tech screen and feel the industrial power!
Lend-Lease mechanisms - Select what you want to send and to whom. See American equipment be used by your allies during the war. Decide to stop it anytime. Lend Lease is handled with a never-seen before law/decision/event mechanism.
A-historicity - What if you don't embargo Japan and let them conquer Asia as they like, then preventing Pearl Harbour to happen? What if you join the war in '39? What if you focus on Japan and don't help the Allies in Europe? What if you support totalitarian countries and go Axis, then send Lend Lease to Germany (the world is doomed!)?
Boosted AI- Put your allies or foes AI on steroids! You can give the boost to the faction you want, for instance if you want a WW3 you can boost Soviet Union. Or an USA-Axis game simply boost Allies and Comintern while letting the Axis with default settings. Suit your needs and play the challenge YOU want!
US unique Battle scenarios- Get in the boots of Eisenhower and plan then execute Operation Overlord. After that you might want to understand why Operation Downfall (invasion of mainland Japan) was canceled! Challenge your skills in two difficult battlescenarios.

Kind regards
Susana

Susana,

How does one load the mod from Steam?

Once For the Motherland loads, there are 4 scenarios and a tutorial. There is also advanced options.

However, I can find no way to launch the mods before or after I start the game on Steam.

Susana,

How does one load the mod from Steam?

Once For the Motherland loads, there are 4 scenarios and a tutorial. There is also advanced options.

However, I can find no way to launch the mods before or after I start the game on Steam.

use the hoi3.exe and select the mod from the launcher.

I do not have any money to order this DLC on Steam but Gamersgate support my irish debit card. If I download it from Gamersgate, will it work with my Steam downloaded HoI3, SF and FtM?

I do not have any money to order this DLC on Steam but Gamersgate support my irish debit card. If I download it from Gamersgate, will it work with my Steam downloaded HoI3, SF and FtM?

maybe the installation can will be a little bit tricky. the steam version is not different from any other version but mixing distributors is not recommended though.

Okay, tried it. Thank you.

A few months in it crashed.

Not sure what I was doing wrong. I Was playing as America and just trying to re-organize my forces. It was shortly after the game asks if I want to change the difficulty settings.

I am also curious, will steam patch these mods for me when patches are available?

Last edited:
Okay, tried it. Thank you.

A few months in it crashed.

Not sure what I was doing wrong. I Was playing as America and just trying to re-organize my forces. It was shortly after the game asks if I want to change the difficulty settings.

I am also curious, will steam patch these mods for me when patches are available?

only when a official patch is released.

How will I know?

The launcher seems to have a 'check for patch' feature, but steam bypasses that.

It doesn't seem to have the option to check for patches to mods.

I feel like I should probably wait for stars and stripes to be more stable.

How will I know?

The launcher seems to have a 'check for patch' feature, but steam bypasses that.

It doesn't seem to have the option to check for patches to mods.

I feel like I should probably wait for stars and stripes to be more stable.

nobody knows how it will work because until now the DLCs only received beta patches. beta patches are only available on this forum.

Has anyone yet found a workaround to the "Hearts of Iron III: For the Motherland 3.05 not found" problem when downloading from GamersGate?

Has anyone yet found a workaround to the "Hearts of Iron III: For the Motherland 3.05 not found" problem when downloading from GamersGate?

since steam does not create the necessary registry entries it is difficult. sometimes starting the installer directly in the hoi3 directory (where the hoi3game.exe is) works but not always. as i posted earlier mixing distributors is not recommended.

Except its not a matter of mixing distributors; all of the files come from GamersGate. Its a very curious occurance but I can't seem to trick it into recognizing the game exists because the file that is downloaded is just an installer, not the actual DLC.

Except its not a matter of mixing distributors; all of the files come from GamersGate. Its a very curious occurance but I can't seem to trick it into recognizing the game exists because the file that is downloaded is just an installer, not the actual DLC.

As stated on the DI:SS thread, place the installer file in the mod folder of your FTM directory and then download. I was able to get the dlc itself, but then it still wouldn't extract. Maybe you will have better luck.

This DLC is AWESOME. I love the ahistorical stuff.

They really did a good job for $2 DLC

Lend-Lease system is pretty cool; I'm researching the necessary techs now

Silly question, if I get both this and the German DLC will the German DLC add anything if I play as the US? Just wondering if they require a human player.

edit: can not install. It downloads from GG and then hangs.

Last edited: