+ Reply to Thread

Thread: why women can only fill the spymaster slot ?

why women can only fill the spymaster slot ?

What's the point of showing all the ingame women's statstics if they can only use intrigue ?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

because the traits they have, are more likely to pass to their children and guardians when they are tutoring.

Your wife gives you a bonus in everyting, half her stats.

Quote Originally Posted by inquisiteur View Post
    What's the point of showing all the ingame women's statstics if they can only use intrigue ?
    Because wife shares half of her stats with her husband?

Covert Mastermind Demi Moderator Secret Master's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Because women can hold their own titles, too. If your daughter is going to inherit, you probably want to be able to see her stats while trying to arrange a matrilineal marriage.
    All Hail Him,

The Secret Master

Note: If I write a post in this hideous color, I am speaking as a Demi-Moderator. Paying attention is strongly advised.

Quote Originally Posted by inquisiteur View Post
    Half of their stats are added to their husbands' for ruling.

EDIT: Ok, I should refresh before answering, lol.
    Come play Werewolf! Make new friends, then murder them!

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Blog Entries
    Probably because offices of the state are too male, the Spymaster being one that doesn't even officially exist, so a bit more relaxed. This is just my guess. While there are recorded examples of women riding out in full plate armour and fighting, which I doubt many modern men would be able to pull off, I can't recall a single officially appointed female chancellor or steward from the middle ages Europe. (Rulers or regents being a different thing, and present in the game.)

If you want to let women hold other council positions, go the common subdirectory, and open job_titles.txt. Just place a colon before any of the council position lines that begin "is_female = no," and save. Be sure you backup the file, first, just in case you mess up. I've got chancellors and stewards, as well, that are female.

+ Reply to Thread