• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree with that. Lateral transfers, especially when they fit a character's skillset, should have no penalty. It would need its own interface however, to circumvent the penalty you speak. A seperate screen where you can only move a council member from one position to another, no penalty, but no other option either as to not exploit it for a "free fire."

Not sure I totally agree with this principle. This would be assuming that the character in question who was being transfered would be willing to do "the swap". What if their life long ambition was to have a certain appointment but then you swap them to something else. In real life that could disrupt a persons goals, ambitions and plans and therefore they could loose confidence in their leige. So I agree that there should be a penalty of some sort.

Not sure I totally agree with this principle. This would be assuming that the character in question who was being transfered would be willing to do "the swap". What if their life long ambition was to have a certain appointment but then you swap them to something else. In real life that could disrupt a persons goals, ambitions and plans and therefore they could loose confidence in their leige. So I agree that there should be a penalty of some sort.

that's easily accomadated: make their acceptance based on skill numbers and/or ambitions (if any).

Wow 5 pages musta been a great idea I had.....or Not lol Anyways it was an idea and something I'd like to see. As a difficulty level or an option does sound neat too.

Reactions:
Nah not everyone wants to play CK2 as a hardcore role-playing experience. I for example am finishing off my wc as a welsh hispanic empire who intends to convert to jainism soon for the vassal boost. I don't see any reason that everything should be hidden from me. IRL you could talk to people to gauge how smart they are etc etc etc this is just an example of the game bridging the gap between reality and game with numbers to represent things that are too difficult to actually fully implement.

When CK10 comes out and you can talk to holograms of you council and court your spouse in 'person' I'll support all the numbers being removed... until then....

Wow 5 pages musta been a great idea I had.....or Not lol Anyways it was an idea and something I'd like to see. As a difficulty level or an option does sound neat too.

Why did you just necro your thread to provide literally nothing new to it?

It's a bad idea that runs counter to the intention of Paradox to make their games as transparent and understandable to the players as possible.

Let the thread die.

Reactions:
It's good as it is and works for everyone. I'm a roleplaying type player myself, but I do find the numbers useful in conjunction with traits in determining what kind of character I'm looking at. Determining everything through traits alone would eventually get to be a bit of a bind in my opinion. I mean if you really want an authentic experience why even provide traits? Just sus them out through their actions over time. Anyone up for that amount of headache?

I always thought they should hide the traits instead of the stats.

Either way, it's a great idea and someone should make a mod of it.

Glad I got your's and others support. If you noticed I even said in the OP that they would scream and hollar about it cause it would keep them from exploiting the AI and gaming the game. Yes, IT IS a GREAT IDEA, I surely hope Paradox and my distant cousin are listening.

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.