• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(126586)

Second Lieutenant
8 Badges
Nov 25, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
My Georgian kingdom is growing nicely, but that brought with it a problem. I am now neighboring the Seljuk Turks. My last conquest left me moderately drained and within a year I keep getting attacked by a large Turkish vassel. No matter how I try, they raise 2x the troops I can (levies and mercs). Are there any options that work in a 6 month window that could discourage them or gain me some allies or am I doomed to lose this conflict? My cash is low so I can't just spam mercs at them.

If you have any spare sons or daughters you can try to get an alliance with someone powerful and nearby. Byzantine Empire ideally. Allies have saved me a few times, but they will sometimes sit out your war to pursue their own interests (much like a human player would do). Other than that you need soldiers or cash to buy soldiers.

Thanks, I haven't tried that yet and I think I have a kid I can marry off. I've been trying to assassinate enemy rulers before they attack--it has slowed them down, but only for a year or two. If I had the money to kill them all, I'd have the money to buy soldiers.

All "sow dissent" has done for me so far is get a load of highly skilled chancellors thrown in foreign Oubliettes. Wouldn't recommend it.