• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilThib

Major
5 Badges
Dec 17, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • 500k Club
  • Pride of Nations
I am moving forward in the alpha stages of the game and I am a bit delayed by the amount of historical research I still need to do, mostly regarding historical leaders (not for the major nations, list is almost complete), and some Orders of Battle (mostly for secondary nations and all the Southern and Eastern part of Europe).

I would like to get the help of those of you who have some knowledge of the era and / or willingness to give help. This is a kind of pre-Beta recruiting.

Send me an email to philippe.thibaut@paradoxplaza.com with your expertise, credentials and preferences... Then we can start moving along

Thanks in advance

Philippe
:cool:

I don't have enough knowledge in this area, but it's nice to see you asking for community input. Bravo to this and your presense in the forums.

Philippe, can you email me with what you need? Maybe I already have it on hand, or easy to find it without taking time from other matters. That is without adding me to the NCP-II beta team...

Thanks for your responses.

I forgot to mention that it is important you give me in your mails your forum nick/alias. Indeed, that will be an important information so you can access a private forum for future exchanges on the project :cool:

This is a wonderful opportunity. I hope all the active members who have expressed ideas so far attempt to help out!

novapaddy, Front and Centre, Sir!

I'd be absolutely delighted to help. I've played Total War Napoleon to death, which led me to read vast amounts on the subject, even exploring the French Revolution... I'm sure I even have books on the uniforms of the period somewhere?
I also have some of your games, which I've enjoyed.
Do you want a manual done (as well)? I've LOADS of TIME too.
I'll email you directly. Cheers

Don't mind helping coding things if you need but I have no knowledge whatsoever of the era (and no memory) *grins*

Excuse me Mr Phillippe Sir, but would information on regimental uniforms and the such be useful? What about information on different regimental names from different countries?

There isnt really much I can contribute, but I would like to help in some way.

Probably interest is the most important quality - learning more about specific units' and leaders' histories are part of the research and test process. From what I gather lurking on the forums, there are many task behind the red curtain and those who are already versed in unit histories will get the lead on that job. As the game progresses, there will be a lot of other task.

--
Already having this background is very helpful, I am not discounting that.
Just if someone is interested and willing to work to make it a good game - speak up! Let the devs decide and the more volunteers, the better.

Last edited:
To date I have collected 12 emails. I'll be closing the list tomorrow, then the Beta forum access will be opened early next week to the selected team...we'll be able to get rolling by then

I have willingness to help but im not history expert (nor do i have any particular knowledge of the time, apart from reading couple of books on Nappy long time ago) so i suppose thats not what youre looking for?

Well i applied anyway, cant hurt to try.

Last edited:
I have willingness to help but im not history expert (nor do i have any particular knowledge of the time, apart from reading couple of books on Nappy long time ago) so i suppose thats not what youre looking for?

Well i applied anyway, cant hurt to try.
We will be looking for beta testers later... so, maybe your help will be needed then... stay tuned... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.