Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Napoleon Needs You!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III

Thumbs up Napoleon Needs You!

I am moving forward in the alpha stages of the game and I am a bit delayed by the amount of historical research I still need to do, mostly regarding historical leaders (not for the major nations, list is almost complete), and some Orders of Battle (mostly for secondary nations and all the Southern and Eastern part of Europe).

I would like to get the help of those of you who have some knowledge of the era and / or willingness to give help. This is a kind of pre-Beta recruiting.

Send me an email to philippe.thibaut@paradoxplaza.com with your expertise, credentials and preferences... Then we can start moving along

Thanks in advance

Philippe
    Philippe Thibaut
    Paradox France
    Producer

I don't have enough knowledge in this area, but it's nice to see you asking for community input. Bravo to this and your presense in the forums.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: RomePride of NationsRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Philippe, can you email me with what you need? Maybe I already have it on hand, or easy to find it without taking time from other matters. That is without adding me to the NCP-II beta team...
    Marc aka Caran...
    ministrare honor est

Thanks for your responses.

I forgot to mention that it is important you give me in your mails your forum nick/alias. Indeed, that will be an important information so you can access a private forum for future exchanges on the project
    Philippe Thibaut
    Paradox France
    Producer

10+ Years on the Forum Demi Moderator SAS's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    This is a wonderful opportunity. I hope all the active members who have expressed ideas so far attempt to help out!
    - March of the Eagles mod: The Gods

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

ModOrDie
    56 games registered

Achtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    novapaddy, Front and Centre, Sir!

I'd be absolutely delighted to help. I've played Total War Napoleon to death, which led me to read vast amounts on the subject, even exploring the French Revolution... I'm sure I even have books on the uniforms of the period somewhere?
    I also have some of your games, which I've enjoyed.
    Do you want a manual done (as well)? I've LOADS of TIME too.
    I'll email you directly. Cheers

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIThe Kings CrusadeMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Don't mind helping coding things if you need but I have no knowledge whatsoever of the era (and no memory) *grins*
    "Obscuratus est sol. Obscuratur est aer. Salva me ab ore dragonis"

Second Lieutenant Some Georgian's Avatar
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIImpireMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV

Did you add Peter(georgian: Petre) Bagrationi? he was a georgian that was on the russian side he participated in borodino and austerlitz and was epic in artillery

200k clubAchtung PanzerCrusader Kings IIDeus VultElven Legacy Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Is this search entirely for people with specific knowledge of the era (especially commanders, etc.)? If so, there are probably people better qualified than myself.

Better than Royalty (ABB) DoomBunny's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Excuse me Mr Phillippe Sir, but would information on regimental uniforms and the such be useful? What about information on different regimental names from different countries?

There isnt really much I can contribute, but I would like to help in some way.
    "Petrarch was right" - Petrarch||||"Petrarch is actually right" - LYNCHY||||"Petrarch was banned" - Robotic Maniac

"Tiger powder-induced eastern shenanigans" - Finnish Lord||||"I really enjoyed the Gulag" - Blade!||||"So sexy" - Franconian on violent insanity||||"The soft-pr0n ... I like it for the atmosphere it creates and the sheer spectacle of the thing" - Tufto||||"Swans are as dangerous as wolves. Got it." - Some fat racist German bloke in cheekless leiderhosen panties||||"I pooped myself. And then I did it again." - Yakman||||"Glory to the Confederate clan!" - Robotic Maniac

"I have hot cousins"||||"I once jokingly *CENSORED FOR FORUM* all my friends in the PE changing room"||||"I would lick GAZPROM drilled oil off of his shiny nipples" - Shynka, on incest, sport, and Vladimir Putin

<Doom> Sent Shynka some pics of my ass.||||<mathrim-afk> Looks great

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold War

Probably interest is the most important quality - learning more about specific units' and leaders' histories are part of the research and test process. From what I gather lurking on the forums, there are many task behind the red curtain and those who are already versed in unit histories will get the lead on that job. As the game progresses, there will be a lot of other task.

--
    Already having this background is very helpful, I am not discounting that.
    Just if someone is interested and willing to work to make it a good game - speak up! Let the devs decide and the more volunteers, the better.
    Last edited by DanSez; 21-02-2012 at 17:45.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    I would like to help, just point me in the right direction.
    Its basically....Beta-patches will be for computer-literate people.

Tax this dude into space!
    Glory For The House Of Wittelsbach (Veritas et Fortitudo)
    For Greater Glory: The House of Wittlesbach
    The Royal House of Bavaria

ModOrDie
    56 games registered

Achtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott1964 View Post
    I would like to help, just point me in the right direction.
    You have to email PhilThib, please see the 1st post. Cheers

To date I have collected 12 emails. I'll be closing the list tomorrow, then the Beta forum access will be opened early next week to the selected team...we'll be able to get rolling by then
    Philippe Thibaut
    Paradox France
    Producer

Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I have willingness to help but im not history expert (nor do i have any particular knowledge of the time, apart from reading couple of books on Nappy long time ago) so i suppose thats not what youre looking for?

Well i applied anyway, cant hurt to try.
    Last edited by DanubianCossak; 23-02-2012 at 13:06.
    Clinically diagnosed russophile and scourge of self righteous westerners.

"Do not ask what Russia can do for you, but what you can do for Russia"

200k clubCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    King Arthur IIMagickaMajesty 2Semper FiVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires. Argentina
    Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    I have willingness to help but im not history expert (nor do i have any particular knowledge of the time, apart from reading couple of books on Nappy long time ago) so i suppose thats not what youre looking for?

Well i applied anyway, cant hurt to try.
    We will be looking for beta testers later... so, maybe your help will be needed then... stay tuned...
    AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!
    FACEBOOK: AGEOD - Pride of Nations
    Pride of Nations already available!! - AGEOD forum - Paradox forum
    -------
    Football Manager: La AAR chaquetera oficial FM 2007, FM 2008

ModOrDie
    56 games registered

Blog Entries
    When are you guys planning to start the team research effort? I haven't heard anything since signing up to help?

Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    Same here. Wanting get started.

ModOrDie
    56 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott1964 View Post
    Same here. Wanting get started.
    I found it! Log in and check out the very bottom of the forum.... NCPII

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by novapaddy View Post
    I found it! Log in and check out the very bottom of the forum.... NCPII
    I don't see it, all I see is the one for PON.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast