• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

eqqman

General
17 Badges
Mar 27, 2001
www.eggmania.com
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
Is there any way for the Allies or the Comintern to prevent the Anschluss decision from being enabled for Germany? I think the `Political Crisis` is required to happen in Austria, so if you tried to support the non-fascist parties, would that stop this event? Basically I'm looking for a non-war method.

There are 3 steps in the Anschluss:

1. the political crisis: this happens randomly during 1938 AND if austria has a national unity higher then 30

2. the decision from Germany:
  • happens if Austria is at peace and not in a faction,
  • it is march 1938 or germany has done reoccupation of rhineland,
  • political crisis happened or the nazi party in austria has more then 40 org and popularity

3. the reaction of Austria: AI will always join Germany, player can choose between part of axis or war with germany.

So, you can try to:
  • lower austria's national unity to below 30 so they won't get political crisis, but I don't think that's possible with espionage.
  • get austria into your faction, I don't know if that is even possible.

So, you can try to:
  • lower Austria's national unity to below 30 so they won't get political crisis, but I don't think that's possible with espionage.
  • get Austria into your faction, I don't know if that is even possible.

I agree the NU thing is probably out, since they start at 50, I doubt Spies are that effective in reducing it. Without a coup, Austria will not join any faction but the Axis. I don't think you could get another party in power before 1938... the Stalinist party is at 0 org and 0 popularity, so that is out for sure if you're the USSR. The UK's social_conservative party though is at 50 org and 15 popularity, so maybe that could be an option. It would make for an interesting experiment... so many on my queue already and so little time! Why do grown-ups have to have jobs?

Anyway, the only sure thing seems to be to hand Austria a DoW, and then just make peace with them when the window of opportunity for the Anschluss to take place is over, but you'd still want to probably influence them out of the Axis corner to make sure they don't auto-join when you declare war.