• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ducksox

Sergeant
73 Badges
Feb 18, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
You knew this was coming.

How to take screenshots
Press F11 in game to take a screenshot.
The files will be located in your Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\Screenshots folder.

Without further ado, let the eternal pissing contest begin.

Here's what I did:

ck2_2.jpg

I revolted pretty early from the HRE after gaining the duchies of Savoie and Dauphine, but never proclaimed myself a kingdom. I don't like succession crises. I just kept acquiring land in North Africa and Burgundy until you see the bloated mass before you.

And look at how many provinces I have! Stewardship 21 and 20 Duke/Duchess respectively, plus Gavelkind Succession. My guess is that it can get up to a max of 18 counties held, if you're an Emperor and have those stats.

Reactions:
Nice looking Dutchy there! :D Have you thought about claiming the title as "King of Burgundy" ? :D

Exactly. Plus, if I'm king, I'd have to give away most of my duchy titles, and then I'd have dukes constantly warring with one another until I got the Authority Laws in place, and then I'd have rebellions constantly.

However, I am independent, so I would be able to set my own laws, and have those take effect. The HRE got to Medium Crown Authority too quickly, so I rebelled.

Edit: Was there another one? I searched the forum, but I couldn't find one. If this is a duplicate, my bad.

Kingdoms have worked well for me so far actually. I'm currently playing as the Kingdom of Ireland and Wales (Ireland as my main title) and the dukes are manageable if you play your cards right. The only issue i'm having is becaused i converted to a heathen religion and now have to face the consequences of my catholic vassals rebelling with full crusader support <.<

I never went this fart into the years to call it my empire... I have things like those at about 1150... Heretic power !

For Ireland game : create the kingdom of Wales but not Ireland, it's far better for relations (or hold all Wales)

Here's mine although it's also not yet a kingdom. I'm working on it though.

P0j7a.jpg

I inherited part of italy from my mother and later took rome through a legitimate claim. Right now I'm just trying to keep the HRE off my back because they've tried to take back the italian counties I own before
and I only managed to hold on to them through luck (happened to have enough money saved up to hire enough mercs to obtain white peace)

I've tried to marry into a kingdom lately but have been unsuccessful as everyone desires a better alliance. Apparently I'm not good enough even though I could kick their ass :-(

Oh and I believe my youngest son has been assassinating people around me. Just as he came of age really pissed (-100 against me for various reasons :p) my spymaster died, then my chancellor died, and now my wife just died.
Can't be a coincidence! I have to dispose of him!!!

I never went this fart into the years to call it my empire... I have things like those at about 1150... Heretic power !

For Ireland game : create the kingdom of Wales but not Ireland, it's far better for relations (or hold all Wales)

I find it more manageable for me to have Ireland as my main since the majority of my vassals are of Irish culture, and i only have one or two of Welsh origin :p I tend to play a "just" ruler so my vassals have been content with my current monarch's rule. There's only been a single incident, that being one of my sons.

I find it more manageable for me to have Ireland as my main since the majority of my vassals are of Irish culture, and i only have one or two of Welsh origin :p I tend to play a "just" ruler so my vassals have been content with my current monarch's rule. There's only been a single incident, that being one of my sons.

Being the king of Wales as an Irish isn't a problem. The fact is the following :
If you have 2 titles of the same level. your vassal will begin to want them. So you'll have a -25 relation to those who want the secondary title.
In your case this would be the Wales duke wanting the Welsh crown. (ok, -25 can be managable)

So you'll want to have only 1 kingdom to avoid such modifier. If you take the Ireland crown, if you made nice duchy, any duke in Wales can create the kingdom of Wales (2 duchy with 3 provinces each = 50% for each duke). You want to avoid that. If you take the Welsh crown, you don't face this problem in Ireland.

ck2_3.jpg

As Duke of Anjou and a bunch of other titles.

ck2_1.jpg

Not crowning yourself King is for pansies!

The Kingdom of Ireland stretches from the Emerald Isle to Holy City! (with practically nothing in between)

xp0hnr.jpg

Sure there's the occasional revolt and civil war, but that's half the fun! You just use Irish troops to quell revolts in Scotland, Scottish troops to subdue uppity Egyptians and Egyptians to slaughter the Irish :D

My King also has a claim on the English throne...Good times will be had!

Reactions:

I've accidentally turned the ruling class of Ireland into good welshmen.. I don't have any land in wales, but since one of my rulers heir thought it'd be cool if his son was welsh, I didn't have much of a choice :p only 1 or 2 counts left that are actually of irish culture, the situation is the same in scotland xD

Man, even with my 12k manpower in that Anjou game, I just can't seem to acquire jerusalem.. The Caliphate is fielding 16k doomstacks all the damn time :p

Man, even with my 12k manpower in that Anjou game, I just can't seem to acquire jerusalem.. The Caliphate is fielding 16k doomstacks all the damn time :p
Use the Holy Orders! Those 7.2k stacks should be able to help you out! Or, and this has worked well for me, start with North Africa, wait for them to settle and convert, and attack with the incredibly large manpower reserves those have.

A strategy for fighting the Caliphate is to keep stacks of about 7-10k waiting around, say in each county of Cyrenaica, and ferry them around quickly with galleys after luring the Caliphate's 16k doomstacks through a buffer county to attack one of your stacks. Then when they're engaged, you can quickly move 20k extra soldiers into place for the battle. Galleys may be a bit OP, moving so fast and all.

Due to the way the plotting AI works right now, his grand duchy would fall apart the moment he crowns himself king. Right now, dukes tend to plot against you a lot, while counts tend to be more restful. Furthermore, since you only get income from direct vassals (It is possible to tax your dukes as well, but it makes them hate your guts more than they already do) actually creating a kingdom title will cause his income to plummet. Furthermore, since the laws of empires take precedence over the laws of kingdoms within it, he doesn't get any of the benefits one usually gets in creating a kingdom (being able to set your own crown laws) except maybe a small bit of prestige, which is not worth having to put down several civil wars per decade.

Needless to say, there are quite a number of balance issues right now.

Why would empire laws take precedence? Burgundy is not the jure part of HRE IIRC.

Here is another Ireland

ck22.jpg

Went from count of Dublin to become king of Ireland, England, Wales and Hungary, and it only took about 200 years.
I got lucky that the Godwins were down to one queen, and a marrige later, two crowns entwined forever.

Reactions:
Hail Aelfricson !

The Year is 1179 just over one hundred years have passed since Eadric Wilde Aelfricson, Count of Shrewsbury, threw off the Shackles of the Duke of Lancaster. He survived the slaughter of the Battle for England, which saw the Crown see-saw between the brothers of the house of Yngling, and seized the House of York ! This triumph paved the way for his children to eventually claim the thrones of Ireland and the Welsh. Truly Aelfricson can claim to be the true dedcendants of the Fabled King Arthur, KING OF THE BRITONS !!!

ck21.png

ck23.png

ck24.png

Last edited: