• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ck2_4.jpg

This is what happens when the pope absolutely adores you and you cleverly use the sow dissent option.

Splintered calphite... check... alexandria conquered... check..

Well, you certainly do have a lot of gold.
You have to have a lot of gold to maintain a moustache that fine...

Reactions:
Here is my Af Stenkil kingdom atm...I started as Sweden, and did a lot of pagan bashing (with the help of the hre/rurikovichs), and ended up being powerful enough to actually invade the monstrous poland that was eating up parts of Russia (therefore, they were bigger than me, so I could get the invasion cb once their not-so-pious king took over).

Map (I switched my primary to poland because krakow allowed my to hold more land than Stockholm...and because I like poland's color better)

that rebelling duchy in norway is also af Stenkil, I just haven't got a chance to incorporate it yet.

ck2_6.jpg

world map

ck2_map_4.jpg

I'm really loving this game...it's so early into it as well. I'm only 15 provinces away from being able to form the Kingdom of Rus, so I might try to do that, and see how many of the kingdom titles I can hold. (Rus, Lithuania, Poland, Finland, Sweden...and then hopefully Norway and Denmark)

Reactions:
aragon01.jpg

I started as the Duke of Barcelona. Now King of Aragon, Leon, Portugal, and Castille. Soon to add France to that. All of Iberia is converted to catholic, has been for a century or more.

Reconquista complete!

At one point my half brother was King of Ireland because I pressed his claim. Due to buggy AI never calling me in for help his son lost it back to the Frenchmen that had been running Ireland.

This might not be significant for you, but I started out as a count in the small province of DAL, located on the border of Sweden and Norway in 1066 AD, it's an independent country with a dock close to it so it has some strategic purposes when it comes to launch soldiers from Sweden to southern Europe. If it's not clear, I'm Bergslagen :)

WksFb.jpg

Anywho, this was my fifth attempt and I actually didn't get swallowed by the larger realms, it was close once when my heir was female and the vassals started to hit -100, but I rode it out pretty quick and started to expand east to Finland and then picking up eastern Sweden. Really rough start but oh so fun!

Attachments

• WksFb.jpg
    WksFb.jpg
    390,2 KB · Views: 566
Kind of disappointed that in all these pics, Byzantine Empire is still in tact.

The wars ends before I can raise my levies and move them from Sweden down to Byzantine ;D I actually managed to occupy Barcelona for a couple of years before the sunni-swarm reigned havoc upon me.