• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wait, how can you be Sassinid in Ironman? Isn't Ruler designer disabled?
it's not disabled. It just disables achievements. mods don't disable ironman either, they just disable achievements
(the bet of IronXZ is probably right though, since apparently Rebel_ was going or the achievement)

ck2_23.png

New Game in Charlemagne start as Zunbil on ironman. So far, I managed to reform Zunist by taking several counties in India and Afghanistan. I even got the Knights of the Sun, which helped a lot in fighting the Abbasids. I switchet to feudal elective to ensure I get the right heirs. Btw I get a vast number of charackter with genious, strong and fast trait ( I think i's somehow related to Zunist religion).

(My fist post in this forum, I'm sorry the game is still in german as I didn't change the language yet)

ck2_15.png

A small update on my current Ironman playthrough:
nZmIUdPosG.jpg

I want to keep my empire as culturally diverse as possible. The ruling dynasty is still Turkish and ruling from Kabul while India is divided into several viceroyalties, most of them ruled by Rajputs. My empire is probably the only reason why the Sunni faith's still not failing as much as it should at this point - all of the holy sites are either under Christian or Fatimid control and the Seljuks and Abbasids are losing wars right and left. Meanwhile, I have at least one invasion every generation - assembling my soldiers from every corner of my empire takes time - and also constant rebellions of Hindus, Buddhists and Jains - the Buddhists are probably the most aggressive of them, followed by the Jains, considering how often they revolt. :)

Let's hope I can avoid being targeted by the Mongols - otherwise I have to relocate my capital to my summer seat in Northern India.

Nothing special, I set out with the goal of uniting the Anglo-Saxons around the same time it happened historically. The main point of this campaign was to play around with new CM mechanics. I began as Cynewulf Cerdicing, Petty King of Wessex in the Charlemagne bookmark. After uniting the southern portion of England I created the Kingdom of Seaxna. I then slowly conquered Mercia and Northumbria, both of whom enjoyed the constant support of the Celts who were obviously unhappy with my rising power. I only used fabricated claims to expand in order to make sure the total unification happened around the early 10th century. I am now King of Anglecynn and Seaxna, or "King of the Angles and Saxons". The next goal being to form Britannia.

HRfuGmr.jpg

Bz5dQVL.jpg

Just thought I'd share the progress on my Saxony game, my first game started with Charlemagne. The imperial name is perhaps a bit uninspired, but it has a nice ring to it, I think. Big highlights of my progress was using Theoderic's one subjugation on Denmark, and then his grandson's on a unified Lithuania. Along, of course, with some tricky wars vs Charlie early on. I only expanded into pagan territories until I could withstand the Karlings, then sat tight for the most part, raiding and upgrading. Once I became Fylkir I started expanding into the low countries to weaken France and get some ship levy for further raiding, despite the feudal vassal penalty (still tribal.)

I was lucky in that good ole Charles never formed Francia, but he had a monstrous West Francia for a while. Then things were chaotic for decades until it settled with France, Bavaria-Italy, and a fluctuating East Francia and Middle Francia in between, which were the only remaining Karling headed realms. Aquitaine is a third new dynasty, but it's currently losing a war vs France and Bavaria for the king of France's claim on it. Oh, and that green bordering the Umayyads is the ever enormous caliphate, naturally, though now held by the Ali dynasty.

Currently, my entire desmene is stone hillforted up, along with most of the duchies close to Saxony proper. All my high chiefs have the tech for stone hillforts in their capitals, but a lot of their other lands do not. Tech spread is limiting me more than gold here. I'm thinking of waiting until crusades are unlocked, then starting a great holy war for Bavaria or France or something. Then wait for new administration etc to wear off, and then adopt feudalism, tech spread be damned. At least that way I would have a lot more existing feudal vassals ready for the transition.

Last edited:
What mod is that? The tyrian purple used there for Byzantium is so much more visually pleasing than the color used in vanilla.

Its just vanilla, but I messed about in settings.txt in an attempt to eke out some better performance on my laptop, setting draw_postfx to no. It didn't help much but like you I kind of liked the colors more so I didn't change it back. Dunno why only Byzantium's color changed considerably, though.

There's also always the option of editing landed_title.txt to change colors, though.

I finally got "My Very own Subcontintent":
WReRHLd6eP.jpg

If only the game wouldn't refer to my ruler as "Samrat Chakravartim" - he's a Padishah, damn it! :D

What is required for that achievement? Indian religion only?

Its just vanilla, but I messed about in settings.txt in an attempt to eke out some better performance on my laptop, setting draw_postfx to no. It didn't help much but like you I kind of liked the colors more so I didn't change it back. Dunno why only Byzantium's color changed considerably, though.

There's also always the option of editing landed_title.txt to change colors, though.
It indeed looks better, going to disable it too.

What is required for that achievement? Indian religion only?
Yes. You also need 500 wealth and 1000 prestige, which is easy if you hold all of India. Converting from Sunni to Buddhist and enacting the decision was easy - reverting back to Sunni wasn't. I had to cause the abdication of my current ruler - Ali 'the Great' - to get a Muslim on the throne again - this caused the total decentralisation of my empire. As my current ruler, Ali's son, had no sons, I had to kill Ali to prevent the empire from falling back into the hands of an infidel. Ideally, my rulers nephew in Merv would have inherited all of my titles - but then he sired a son and now I have to somehow get Merv back because it's the traditional seat of my heirs. -.-

I'm currently waiting for the Ilkhanate to deplete their stacks, so I can get Kunduz back and maybe also get Khiva later on. I also considered going for the "Looking East and West" achievement, but unless the Fatimids implode there's nothing I can do. :D

With that Manpowerbase you should be able to beat the Fatimids?

With that Manpowerbase you should be able to beat the Fatimids?
They have nearly as many soldiers as I do + the Mamluks and the Assassins - the latter cost no upkeep if I'm the agressor. I also have the Mongols on my northern border and I bet they'll attack me as soon as I turn my back on them.

Got a little more ambitious after my Anglo-Saxon campaign. Began as Tassilo III, King of Bavaria. Formed HRE, took lots of clay. My borders are magnificent.

uRIefL3.jpg

Got a little more ambitious after my Anglo-Saxon campaign. Began as Tassilo III, King of Bavaria. Formed HRE, took lots of clay. My borders are magnificent.

uRIefL3.jpg
Are the Karlings still in control over the west?

Yeah, they're still around. I want them there because I don't want to control the region directly; and I like that they've been backing the Aragonese who have been stomping the Umayyads since I shattered them. I've been sitting at this size for a while just going around meddling with countries I think are too big.

A little under 300 years later, and every thing has gone to shit.
QQovZRS.jpg

Sort of mini aar thing in spoiler.

"It was just like any other day. Shahanshah Parviz II the Great was finishing up a war with a Muslim sheikh to unite the Shahdom of Arabia, when a messenger arrived to inform him that a distant cousin was hiring an army to claim the Empire for himself. Parviz being the arrogant Shahanshah he was thought nothing of it and formed a plot to take this person from the world. However his cousin, who will be known as Ardeshir the Hopeful, would prove hard to catch. After about a year of no the assassination succeeding, the Shahanshah grew impatient. Although advised against by his sister-wife and uncle, Parviz hastily sent his retinue to imprison his cousin and just have him executed. He figured the Shahs and Satraps wouldn't mind to much about some irrelevant courtier being imprisoned and executed out of nowhere, but of course just his luck the plot succeded and Ardeshir was killed almost immediately after he was imprisoned, and thus Parviz II lost opinion with his vassals all for nothing."

"This would prove fatal as they would decide they had had enough of Parviz II the Great acting like he was some god, and they revolted. So the Shahanshah rode out with his retinue hoping to divide and conquer the rebels as he was a brilliant strategist and wars came natural to him. Parviz however would be wounded and become incapable in one of the battles and shortly after die. Leaving an 8 year old Ardeshir VII on the throne."

Anyways its nice to know things can still fall apart even when you get ridiculously big. Now for the fun part, cleaning up this mess:

jeNxBPh.jpg

Wait, wait, wait... you actually had a revolt that succeeded???

Wait, wait, wait... you actually had a revolt that succeeded???
Crazy huh?

I think it was mostly due to how the revolt split up my territory,which I guess is my fault considering how I gave out territory. Couldn't get my forces united properly, and my retinue lost an almost even battle which pretty much lost it for me. Would've had to march all through the rebel territory to get my levy combined, but the AI was in hunter killer mode so that failed.

Should be fun to try and put things back together again. Hopefully I can do it before the Mongols come.