+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 205 1 2 3 11 26 51 76 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your CK2 empire!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Saint Louis, Upper Louisiana Territory, New France

Post your CK2 empire!

You knew this was coming.

How to take screenshots
    Press F11 in game to take a screenshot.
    The files will be located in your Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\Screenshots folder.

Without further ado, let the eternal pissing contest begin.

Here's what I did:

I revolted pretty early from the HRE after gaining the duchies of Savoie and Dauphine, but never proclaimed myself a kingdom. I don't like succession crises. I just kept acquiring land in North Africa and Burgundy until you see the bloated mass before you.

And look at how many provinces I have! Stewardship 21 and 20 Duke/Duchess respectively, plus Gavelkind Succession. My guess is that it can get up to a max of 18 counties held, if you're an Emperor and have those stats.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Nice looking Dutchy there! Have you thought about claiming the title as "King of Burgundy" ?
    Graphic Designer on the Elder Kings Dev Team

"If you are the Sultan, come and lead your armies. If I am the Sultan I hereby order you to come and lead my armies" Mehmed II to his father and former Sultan; Murad II, before the Battle of Varna

Due to the way the plotting AI works right now, his grand duchy would fall apart the moment he crowns himself king. Right now, dukes tend to plot against you a lot, while counts tend to be more restful. Furthermore, since you only get income from direct vassals (It is possible to tax your dukes as well, but it makes them hate your guts more than they already do) actually creating a kingdom title will cause his income to plummet. Furthermore, since the laws of empires take precedence over the laws of kingdoms within it, he doesn't get any of the benefits one usually gets in creating a kingdom (being able to set your own crown laws) except maybe a small bit of prestige, which is not worth having to put down several civil wars per decade.

Needless to say, there are quite a number of balance issues right now.

Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Another one? Maybe this one will stay on the front page at least...

Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Exactly. Plus, if I'm king, I'd have to give away most of my duchy titles, and then I'd have dukes constantly warring with one another until I got the Authority Laws in place, and then I'd have rebellions constantly.

However, I am independent, so I would be able to set my own laws, and have those take effect. The HRE got to Medium Crown Authority too quickly, so I rebelled.

Edit: Was there another one? I searched the forum, but I couldn't find one. If this is a duplicate, my bad.

I think this is the third thread but none of them seem to stay on the frontpage

Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Kingdoms have worked well for me so far actually. I'm currently playing as the Kingdom of Ireland and Wales (Ireland as my main title) and the dukes are manageable if you play your cards right. The only issue i'm having is becaused i converted to a heathen religion and now have to face the consequences of my catholic vassals rebelling with full crusader support <.<

"If you are the Sultan, come and lead your armies. If I am the Sultan I hereby order you to come and lead my armies" Mehmed II to his father and former Sultan; Murad II, before the Battle of Varna

CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I never went this fart into the years to call it my empire... I have things like those at about 1150... Heretic power !

For Ireland game : create the kingdom of Wales but not Ireland, it's far better for relations (or hold all Wales)

Here's mine although it's also not yet a kingdom. I'm working on it though.

I inherited part of italy from my mother and later took rome through a legitimate claim. Right now I'm just trying to keep the HRE off my back because they've tried to take back the italian counties I own before
    and I only managed to hold on to them through luck (happened to have enough money saved up to hire enough mercs to obtain white peace)

I've tried to marry into a kingdom lately but have been unsuccessful as everyone desires a better alliance. Apparently I'm not good enough even though I could kick their ass :-(

Oh and I believe my youngest son has been assassinating people around me. Just as he came of age really pissed (-100 against me for various reasons :P) my spymaster died, then my chancellor died, and now my wife just died.
    Can't be a coincidence! I have to dispose of him!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zarine View Post
    I never went this fart into the years to call it my empire... I have things like those at about 1150... Heretic power !

For Ireland game : create the kingdom of Wales but not Ireland, it's far better for relations (or hold all Wales)
    I find it more manageable for me to have Ireland as my main since the majority of my vassals are of Irish culture, and i only have one or two of Welsh origin :P I tend to play a "just" ruler so my vassals have been content with my current monarch's rule. There's only been a single incident, that being one of my sons.

CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Cainrae View Post
    I find it more manageable for me to have Ireland as my main since the majority of my vassals are of Irish culture, and i only have one or two of Welsh origin :P I tend to play a "just" ruler so my vassals have been content with my current monarch's rule. There's only been a single incident, that being one of my sons.
    Being the king of Wales as an Irish isn't a problem. The fact is the following :
    If you have 2 titles of the same level. your vassal will begin to want them. So you'll have a -25 relation to those who want the secondary title.
    In your case this would be the Wales duke wanting the Welsh crown. (ok, -25 can be managable)

So you'll want to have only 1 kingdom to avoid such modifier. If you take the Ireland crown, if you made nice duchy, any duke in Wales can create the kingdom of Wales (2 duchy with 3 provinces each = 50% for each duke). You want to avoid that. If you take the Welsh crown, you don't face this problem in Ireland.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

As Duke of Anjou and a bunch of other titles.

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so what.” - Stephen Fry.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Not crowning yourself King is for pansies!

The Kingdom of Ireland stretches from the Emerald Isle to Holy City! (with practically nothing in between)

Sure there's the occasional revolt and civil war, but that's half the fun! You just use Irish troops to quell revolts in Scotland, Scottish troops to subdue uppity Egyptians and Egyptians to slaughter the Irish

My King also has a claim on the English throne...Good times will be had!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Cainrae View Post
    I've accidentally turned the ruling class of Ireland into good welshmen.. I don't have any land in wales, but since one of my rulers heir thought it'd be cool if his son was welsh, I didn't have much of a choice only 1 or 2 counts left that are actually of irish culture, the situation is the same in scotland xD
    Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. - Murphy's law

The Dream of Dumbarton Watch the rebirth of Strathclyde in my first AAR!

Best Character Writer of the Week: 3/2/13 Fan of the week: 1/6/13

"Fear not what will be, fear what has already come to pass"

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Man, even with my 12k manpower in that Anjou game, I just can't seem to acquire jerusalem.. The Caliphate is fielding 16k doomstacks all the damn time :P
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so what.” - Stephen Fry.

Funny as i am ruling Wales with an almost all german court and rulers ;-)
    Read my first AAR: Wittelsbach- A CK AAR
    http://www.europa-universalis.com/fo...d.php?t=293636

Quote Originally Posted by Pyriel View Post
    Man, even with my 12k manpower in that Anjou game, I just can't seem to acquire jerusalem.. The Caliphate is fielding 16k doomstacks all the damn time :P
    Use the Holy Orders! Those 7.2k stacks should be able to help you out! Or, and this has worked well for me, start with North Africa, wait for them to settle and convert, and attack with the incredibly large manpower reserves those have.

A strategy for fighting the Caliphate is to keep stacks of about 7-10k waiting around, say in each county of Cyrenaica, and ferry them around quickly with galleys after luring the Caliphate's 16k doomstacks through a buffer county to attack one of your stacks. Then when they're engaged, you can quickly move 20k extra soldiers into place for the battle. Galleys may be a bit OP, moving so fast and all.

Beautiful and Unique Snowflake Raczynski's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteEuropa Universalis: Rome

Quote Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
    Due to the way the plotting AI works right now, his grand duchy would fall apart the moment he crowns himself king. Right now, dukes tend to plot against you a lot, while counts tend to be more restful. Furthermore, since you only get income from direct vassals (It is possible to tax your dukes as well, but it makes them hate your guts more than they already do) actually creating a kingdom title will cause his income to plummet. Furthermore, since the laws of empires take precedence over the laws of kingdoms within it, he doesn't get any of the benefits one usually gets in creating a kingdom (being able to set your own crown laws) except maybe a small bit of prestige, which is not worth having to put down several civil wars per decade.

Needless to say, there are quite a number of balance issues right now.
    Why would empire laws take precedence? Burgundy is not the jure part of HRE IIRC.
    A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Here is another Ireland

Went from count of Dublin to become king of Ireland, England, Wales and Hungary, and it only took about 200 years.
    I got lucky that the Godwins were down to one queen, and a marrige later, two crowns entwined forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Raczynski View Post
    Why would empire laws take precedence? Burgundy is not the jure part of HRE IIRC.
    Oh. Whoops. My mistake then.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 205 1 2 3 11 26 51 76 101 ... LastLast