+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Joining the Empire

Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    Some time ago during one of the beta patches, there was another thread on this (or similar) topic where this guy managed to prove that AI HRE not letting people join empire if they have more provinces than emperor didnt work quite like that. Basically you could join empire with any country (that meets the conditions) no matter the size, all you had to do is spam the request. My understanding was also that AI would always decline you, but then i tried that myself, and boom joined France into HRE within couple of years. I have no idea if thats still bugged or not though.
    I remember proving that with France and a screenshot....but I didn't spam the request...I held in the button and then released it...usually emperor always accepts then.

Game Breaking Bug DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicler View Post
    I remember proving that with France and a screenshot....but I didn't spam the request...I held in the button and then released it...usually emperor always accepts then.
    I would get refused from time to time (that was the weird part), for example 1/5 officials would succeed.
    While Chosen One in absentia, Temporary Chosen One Of The Exalted Church of YEShans

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Provinces-Mod

Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    I would get refused from time to time (that was the weird part), for example 1/5 officials would succeed.
    Well, for me it mostly worked using the one on top of screen, and not the one in the province.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicler View Post
    Well, for me it mostly worked using the one on top of screen, and not the one in the province.
    There shouldn't be a difference, but that doesn't mean there isn't a difference.
    -Ruanek

For TO the path is:

- Vassalize several electors and build up your power base in the east while you wait for the Reformation. If you want to make the game really easy use this time out of the Empire to conquer all the provinces you need to form Germany later without Unlawful penalties.
    - Become Prussia and turn into a monarchy as soon as it fires, making you electable to become HRE.
    - Your vassals will vote for you, hopefully you have enough to secure the vote.
    - Become HRE as soon as the current one croaks.
    - Add your Baltic provinces to the HRE once you are Emperor.
    - Depending on how much expansion you did into Germany, turn into Germany as soon as you pass the Prussian military reforms.
    - win / invade China.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Well, there is easier path : Move capital to Berlin. To do that, PU brandenburg, inherit it, and move the capital. BANG you are in HRE.

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneNaval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveThe Showdown Effect
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaEUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanow View Post
    Well, there is easier path : Move capital to Berlin. To do that, PU brandenburg, inherit it, and move the capital. BANG you are in HRE.
    Can't move capital in or out of the HRE.
    "Go then, there are other worlds than these."

Quote Originally Posted by Oogh View Post
    If there's a decision for it (like Russia's move capital to St. Petersburg decision) it may be possible.
    -Ruanek

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Well, anyway it is still best to disband HRE... No more infamy for unlawfull imperial provinces.

So with regards to the HRE, is it best to be the emperor and not a member? I am Scandinavia and I have four out of seven electors vassalized so I am always going to be the emperor. Is there any reason for me to join the empire? What would the advantages be, and what would the disadvantages be? I don't have the money to use my magistrates effectively so I have been having my provinces join the HRE to get my prestige back up (I accidentally used the +8 cultural tradition, -10 prestige thing three times when I meant to commission paintings). Is there any downside to adding my provinces to the HRE? As for my situation, I rule the Baltic, I rule North America, I am colonizing South America, a very powerful France is my Ally and a powerful Austria is my rival. I am a little worried about England but we don't fight. Oh and I am technologically backwards (I am an honorary member of the eastern tech group) and have very high inflation (29) due to having to mint to keep my empire together through centuries of war, rebellion, and religious strife.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The main advantage to joining as scandinavia will be the ability to inherit with cores inside the HRE despite your culture group.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruanek View Post
    Well, it is in a script, but there's a ton of empirical evidence (and you can easily find out yourself) that the AI does not behave in the manner the script describes. I'm not sure if anyone really knows why, though.

Ghost in the machine...? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!
    I am the Emeror of the Intergalactic Roman Empire! Bow before my might!
    Current Game: Basiliea Rhomaion

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...amp-Taxes-AAR. A new AAR: HAIL BASILIEA RHOMAION!! ALL HAIL THE HELIX FOSSIL!!! A PPA MEIOU&Taxes AAR. Will it fail? Probably.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Quote Originally Posted by EU3NOOB View Post
    Ghost in the machine...? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!
    I prefer to think the AI is actually thinking for itself..!
    "Monarchy can easily be ‘debunked;' but watch the faces, mark the accents of the debunkers. These are the men whose tap-root in Eden has been cut: whom no rumour of the polyphony, the dance, can reach - men to whom pebbles laid in a row are more beautiful than an arch. Yet even if they desire equality, they cannot reach it. Where men are forbidden to honour a king they honour millionaires, athletes or film-stars instead: even famous prostitutes or gangsters. For spiritual nature, like bodily nature, will be served; deny it food and it will gobble poison." C.S. Lewis

The Russians in Imperium Offtopicum: The Peshawar Lancers

Quote Originally Posted by madtemplar0 View Post
    I prefer to think the AI is actually thinking for itself..!
    Well, actualy, you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Oogh View Post
    burgundy taking the decision to form france will cause them to leave the HRE unless ile de france was previously added to the empire.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2