• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bah, you should make an autonomous section of Israel all over Palestine to punish those Arab revolters! Still under ENG's tag, of course. ;)

Bah, you should make an autonomous section of Israel all over Palestine to punish those Arab revolters! Still under ENG's tag, of course. ;)
:rofl: If I new how to do that, I would seriously consider it.

:rofl: If I new how to do that, I would seriously consider it.

Don't liberate Israel but roleplay that you changed the name of the colony or something.

The Butterfly Effect

screensave0fuk1.jpg

The Protector of the Empire's economic plans begin to come to fruition.

screensave4fuk1.jpg

Here is a glimpse of the new prototype interface.

screensave5fuk1.jpg

Then things begin to go sideways.

screensave6fuk1.jpg

Romania joins the alliance for peace(the democracies) and try for their piece.

screensave7fuk.jpg

The Allies membership roster.

screensave8fuk1.jpg

Germany moves through Yugoslavia like there is no resistance. Just a walk in the woods.

screensave9fuk1.jpg

Then Yugoslavia is no more.

screensave11fuk1.jpg

Germany then liberates a few puppets.

screensave12fuk1.jpg

screensave13fuk1.jpg

Time to liberate Yugoslavia, I see. Such discriminant democracies, always loving to spread their ideology to peaceful fascists!

Building the Empires Stage 1

After the democracies devoured Yugoslavia, the Axis held a meeting to decide the course of the future. Italy announced her desire to claim the lands of Abyssinia and later to claim the Balkans. All presented voted in favor of the exercise. The protector saw Abyssinia as a chance to test Fuller's theories and with the thus gained practical knowledge, help him refine those theories. Japan announced concern over a lack of basic resources. While the Emperor was glad that the Protector was currently making up for the lack, Hirohito wanted his own supply. Thus he desired to create his Co-Prosperity sphere. Lands from China, Siberia, and the Dutch East Indies could supply all of Japan's needs and more. France wanted revenge upon the Prussians and wanted to claim much of Germany proper. All the way to Moscow. The United Kingdom, stated Mosley, would eventually reclaim most of her lost colonies. All four major leaders present agreed to fully support the others in their desires since there was no conflict in them.

screensave0fuk2.jpg

screensave1fuk2.jpg

screensave2fuk2.jpg

screensave3fuk2.jpg

screensave4fuk2.jpg

screensave5fuk2.jpg

screensave6fuk2.jpg

screensave7fuk2.jpg

screensave9fuk2.jpg

screensave10fuk2.jpg

screensave11fuk2.jpg

screensave12fuk2.jpg

screensave13fuk2.jpg

screensave14fuk2.jpg

screensave15fuk2.jpg

screensave16fuk2.jpg

screensave17fuk2.jpg

Building The Empires Stage 2

After the fall of Abyssinia, the army took time to evaluate their performance. The RAF and the RN did not get to participate beyond ferrying troops and supplies. Fuller announced some doctrinal changes including the use of armor as a full sized division. Several armored divisions were then ordered. Another issue noticed was the extremely long travel times in the mountains and the difficulties faced fighting across rivers. Since Japan wanted to take China, Fuller knew that the army would face even worse infrastructural issues and more rivers. Between that and the large number of mountains, Fuller decided to form special divisions trained to handle those situations. The date was set January 1937, the Axis of Imperial Powers would attack China.

screensave0fuk4.jpg

As planned, the Empire of Japan declared war on the Chinas.

screensave1fuk4.jpg

The RN scored first blood.

screensave2fuk4.jpg

Lufeng was taken with no fanfare or shots fired. It couldn't last.

screensave3fuk4.jpg

Guangzhou was an important initial target for weakening Chinese industry.

screensave4fuk4.jpg

screensave5fuk4.jpg

screensave6fuk4.jpg

screensave7fuk4.jpg

screensave8fuk4.jpg

screensave9fuk4.jpg

screensave10fuk4.jpg

screensave11fuk4.jpg

screensave12fuk4.jpg

screensave13fuk4.jpg

screensave14fuk4.jpg

screensave15fuk4.jpg

screensave16fuk4.jpg

screensave17fuk4.jpg

screensave18fuk4.jpg

screensave19fuk4.jpg

The Chinese armies were fighting valiantly, but superior British might pushed them back steadily. The RAF was finally getting involved after flying halfway around the world. Would China fall as easily as Abyssinia? Time would tell, but so far so good.

Interesting that the British are progressing quicker than the Japanese. I assume you'll cede all of that land back to Japan when the war ends?

Interesting that the British are progressing quicker than the Japanese. I assume you'll cede all of that land back to Japan when the war ends?
Just as I did with the Italians in Africa. I also gave Malta to Italy because they have cores on it. I spent 4 years building ic, my base is now over 170. Giving Malta away(0 ic) hurts nothing for me. OTOH, when we go for the Balkans, I will keep Crete. I am also keeping Hong Kong of course.

Just as I did with the Italians in Africa. I also gave Malta to Italy because they have cores on it. I spent 4 years building ic, my base is now over 170. Giving Malta away(0 ic) hurts nothing for me. OTOH, when we go for the Balkans, I will keep Crete. I am also keeping Hong Kong of course.

Sounds good with me.

Unlike in RL, China just *isn't* the quagmire it should be. As a student of modern history and the Sino-Japanese war, it always bugs me. :(
(spontaneous militia appearing behind Japanese lines + supply dump creation might help a bit)

Unlike in RL, China just *isn't* the quagmire it should be. As a student of modern history and the Sino-Japanese war, it always bugs me. :(
(spontaneous militia appearing behind Japanese lines + supply dump creation might help a bit)
That is nothing to what an invasion of the US should spawn. At a minimum it should be 1-2 militia with armored cars for every single province, and 50 inf divisions(state national guard call ups) with a variety of brigades, mainly arty. I do agree with the supply dump thing. I have always thought that should be a building with prefab level one dumps capable of being built en-mass and larger sizes built from the province interface. I have always hated all supplies and resources coming from the capitol.

Oh yes, an invasion of the USA is probably the most nonsensical things that happens in various HOI games. Even the logistical problems alone would be almost insurmountable. I have always felt that it's too easy to conquer big countries like China, Russia or the USA in HOI games, mostly due to arcade logistics.

screensave0fuk5.jpg

Combat commanders have been saying that while the current bomber command is doing a good job, they really need aircraft that can strike right at the front lines. Fuller, Dowding, and others got together and came up with a new aircraft designed exclusively for "close support" of combat troops. Four test wings were ordered and Air Doctrine researchers were ordered to develop plans for their implementation.

screensave1fuk5.jpg

Newly discovered radar technology could conceivably give early warning and even approach vectors of incoming attack craft. Several radar stations were placed under construction to use this remarkable device. Additionally anti aircraft guns were ordered constructed in every province of the home islands as well as in Gibraltar, Hong Kong, Ceylon, and Singapore.

screensave2fuk5.jpg

Several CVL's are ordered to support British SAG's.

screensave3fuk5.jpg

This is a bug that I keep forgetting to report. When a straight is blockaded, infantry should not be able to retreat that way.

screensave4fuk5.jpg

A glimpse of the new prototype research interface.

screensave6fuk.jpg

Never get involved in a land war in Asia? For amateurs maybe. Troops of the Empire easily dominate the Chinese rabble.

screensave7fuk5.jpg

There sure are a lot of the rabble to destroy though.

screensave8fuk5.jpg

screensave9fuk5.jpg

Do we have enough bullets?

screensave10fuk5.jpg

Even the vaunted RAF cannot hit everywhere at once, but where they do hit they hasten the enemy's defeat.

screensave11fuk5.jpg

My allies sign a pact with Germany. They assure me that they do it only as a way to convince the democratic behemoth to waste their resources against the communist behemoth. Makes sense.

screensave12fuk5.jpg

A useful trait gained. The Chinese war has taught many of my generals superior mountain tactics, with others learning hill fighting techniques.

screensave13fuk5.jpg

Note that no retreat possible now gives a defensive bonus. I never noticed that before.

screensave14fuk5.jpg

More rabble, the terrain is a worse enemy than the enemies themselves.

screensave15fuk5.jpg

RAF bomber command throws all available bomber wings into the fray at Haikou. Defenders now out number attackers. How all those divisions got past 3 combat fleets is unknown.

screensave16fuk5.jpg

Alexander learns mountain tactics the hard way.

screensave17fuk5.jpg

The defense at Haikou is now led by a very skilled general.

screensave18fuk5.jpg

Ironsides leads a further expansion of the Chinese offensive.

screensave19fuk5.jpg

MI6 has not contributed to the war effort at all. They are now ordered to attack national morale and cohesiveness; reducing the Chinese will to resist.

screensave20fuk5.jpg

They are soon successful and ordered to continue their efforts as they see fit.

screensave24fuk5.jpg

Chinese troops begin a counter attack to try to regain some lost territory.

screensave25fuk5.jpg

Gort launches a flanking attack against Changsha in order to relieve British defenders under attack from that province.

screensave26fuk5.jpg

One militia division shatters almost immediately. The three remaining are close to breaking within hours of Gort's offensive starting.

screensave27fuk5.jpg

The attack on Haikou is not going well.

screensave28fuk5.jpg

The attack is called off to give the men time to rest and reinforce. The RAF is ordered to attack provincial emplacements and supply dumps. All fleets near the island are ordered to interdict incoming supply vessels. A long term siege is begun.

screensave29fuk5.jpg

The current progress of British and Japanese troops.

screensave30fuk5.jpg

I find it difficult to believe that the UK has no Royal Marine tech team. One match is the best I can get. However, the assault on Haikou shows definitively that troops specially trained in amphibious warfare will be necessary for future wars.

screensave31fuk5.jpg

While troop quality may be low, the Chinese show a willingness to die to defend their lands. Respect grows among the British leadership for their bravery.

screensave32fuk5.jpg

Changsha is defended by a skilled general, but his troops lack his skill. The militia divisions will soon shatter.

screensave33fuk5.jpg

Debao, on the other hand has real infantry and great defensive terrain.

screensave34fuk5.jpg

Another general learns mountain tactics. He is the slated future commander for the next armored division that is completed.

screensave35fuk5.jpg

A Japanese bomber wing joins the RAF in attacking troop concentrations in Sanming. Prior to now, each empire had concentrated on their chosen front.

screensave36fuk5.jpg

The defense of Debao is stiffened with the addition of another infantry division.

screensave37fuk5.jpg

General Hollington learns Jungle tactics. China has been a fantastic training ground for our generals.

screensave38fuk5.jpg

Victory is very near in Sanming.

screensave39fuk5.jpg

Japan shares some of their radar technology with us.

screensave40fuk5.jpg

Debao gains another division even as some are ready to shatter.

Stage Two: Joining The Chinese Fronts

screensave41fuk5.jpg

screensave42fuk5.jpg

screensave43fuk5.jpg

screensave44fuk5.jpg

screensave45fuk5.jpg

screensave46fuk5.jpg

screensave47fuk5.jpg

screensave48fuk5.jpg

screensave49fuk5.jpg

screensave50fuk5.jpg

screensave51fuk5.jpg

screensave52fuk5.jpg

screensave53fuk5.jpg

screensave54fuk5.jpg

screensave55fuk5.jpg

screensave56fuk5.jpg

screensave57fuk5.jpg

screensave58fuk5.jpg

screensave59fuk5.jpg

This is it for China - it probably does not have enough IC to produce a significant number of troops. It's time to find a new target!
Nope, looks like I will have to annex China. Japan and I occupy 90% of the VP's, but not 90% of the provinces. I have to go all the way out by Sinkiang, but I have armor and mtn/eng it shouldn't take too long. Maybe 3-4 months just due to terrain and winter.

ETA: I am up to January 38, that is why I say I will likely have to annex.