• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

son of liberty

3%
10 Badges
Oct 3, 2006
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • 500k Club
screensave0.jpg

As colonies became a commonwealth, as Ireland demanded independence, as the economy of the world's preeminent power crashed and burned; discontent with royal rule grew. Finally in 1929 as the world's economy bottomed out, discontent became anger. The royals were overthrown and the communists came within a hairsbreadth of taking power. Soviet spies covered the land. Then came Mosley and his Blackshirts. The royal family was dead, but communism was defeated in the empire. For a year neighbor turned on neighbor, people were reported as commie sympathizers for little to no reason as many personal scores were settled. Finally, Mosley became the protector of the empire. His promises to restore the empire to it's rightful place in the world was well received. Changes were made all over, not the least in military thinking. JFC Fuller and his radical plans for highly mobile fast striking warfare was adopted. Carriers began to replace gunships as symbols of British naval might. Air power was given co-equal status with the army and navy. Factories were steaming and much of the populace was back to work, though there was still a ways to go to complete economic restoration. The empire stands at a fork in the road. This time she takes the road less traveled.

Last edited:
Onward to restore the Empire! God save Mosley!

This is nice. Will follow.

One QUESTION: will you go for world hegemony?

Interesting. Not using the UK_FASCIST flag in the files though? :)
They didn't come up. How do I change them? Actually, upon further reflection, the Union Jack has been the symbol of the empire for hundreds of years. Why change?

@hoi2geek: First comes the complete restoration of the empire. Then we will see.

@SovietAmerika: The protector of the empire thanks you.

I am working on building a new tech team before we get up and running. JFC Fuller he will have the matches to research Mobility doctrine at sk7. I still have not decided whether to ally Germany or Japan. An alliance of empires with Japan sounds really interesting though.

Last edited:
I still say turn France Paternal Autocrat under Jean de Bourbon and keep the traditional Entente alive. To compensate, turn Germany Social Democrat to have a major democratic power.

SA, If I do that I am giving Germany Austria and CZE at the start. Slovakia would go to Hungary which would also be democratic and allied with Germany. Italy and Japan would be left as is and allowed to go their own way. Maybe an event for Poland to Dow Germany in 39? I think the guy wanting a more historical game will be very disappointed.

What might be really fun is to have the SCW start in 39 with 3 sides. 1 Fascist supported by France and UK, 1 Democratic supported by Germany, and 1 communist supported by the Soviets. That could be the instigation for WWII in this game.

I like both ideas, actually. And that's fine to give Austria and Bohemia to Germany at the start. Give them the extra hawk and intervention points that are brought with them as well. Don't forget to make them cores!

Ally yourself with Japan.
That way you can even get that one pesky little colony calling itself 'USA' back into the empire ;)
Just the original 13 colonies. The rest I will break into smaller pieces. LOL, yeah right.

The new governments.

setup1u.jpg

After WWI Germany embraced a new spirit of democracy. Finally paying off her debts to the allies in 1930 stopped radical elements from ceasing power. The remnants of the old Austria-Hungary befriended the new Germany with Austria actually becoming part of the nation and Hungary becoming a close ally and friend. Germany of 1933 is not a warlike nation, though it has a large army. It is a force designed for defense with doctrines to back it up.

setup2g.jpg

Democracy has treated Hungary well and their economy is one of the strongest in eastern Europe. Hungary follows the same defensive doctrines as Germany does, seeking only economic prosperity and peace.

setup3u.jpg

Rabid nationalism overcame the French democracy during the 1920s. Even before the restoration of Imperial ambitions in the UK, France had adopted a spirit of jingoism unmatched in modern times. France has abandoned the trench warfare theories of WWI and now follows the rapid strike theories promulgated by Fuller in the UK.

setup0.jpg

In January 1934, Newfoundland was the first wayward colony to rejoin the empire. They did so of their own choice and were welcomed as countrymen.

Last edited:
Flagwise, the Union Flag (FYI Not Union Jack, you only say that if the flag is on a ship...I'm picky) seems logical to be kept as is. Either that or the BUF Flash and circle logo to represent the country. Really looking forward to this.

Flagwise, the Union Flag (FYI Not Union Jack, you only say that if the flag is on a ship...I'm picky) seems logical to be kept as is. Either that or the BUF Flash and circle logo to represent the country. Really looking forward to this.
I plead ignorance on the subject and defer to your knowledge. As an ex-sailor, I had only ever heard it referred to as the union jack. I hope not to disappoint. This might be more accurately titled "what the heck do I do now" lol. I never play the UK, and now don't even have history to guide me.

Awww, Petain leads France instead of the Bourbons? Oh well. They are still awesome anyway. :p

Awww, Petain leads France instead of the Bourbons? Oh well. They are still awesome anyway. :p
Damn, knew I forgot something. Let me look in the files. Until then, a teaser for tomorrow...

setup4p.jpg

The weak willed royals had allowed Ireland to secede from the empire. It is time for that error to be corrected.

A WWII with flopped sides and a Germany that didn't take 90 years to pay off the Versailes debts?!? Count me in.
Welcome. It won't quite be flopped sides, and it won't be a 2 sided war.

@SA. Bourbon was not available until 38. He is in now.

I thought you already knew. Meesa sorry. Maybe you could edit the pic now?

Ooooh, war with Ireland? *watches and gets popcorn*

I thought you already knew. Meesa sorry. Maybe you could edit the pic now?

Ooooh, war with Ireland? *watches and gets popcorn*
Actually, I may restart. I have been trying to figure out how to make this world "plausible". I am considering modding in some serious changes to the structure of the world. Basically ending up with four major alliances all at war with each other.