+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebuilding The Empire: Fascist UK

American Union State President SovietAmerika's Avatar
    Victoria 2

Bah, you should make an autonomous section of Israel all over Palestine to punish those Arab revolters! Still under ENG's tag, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by SovietAmerika View Post
    Bah, you should make an autonomous section of Israel all over Palestine to punish those Arab revolters! Still under ENG's tag, of course.
    If I new how to do that, I would seriously consider it.
    "If you love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; may your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Bloody, Bloody Sunday WWCLIII

Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by son of liberty View Post
    If I new how to do that, I would seriously consider it.
    Don't liberate Israel but roleplay that you changed the name of the colony or something.

The Butterfly Effect

The Protector of the Empire's economic plans begin to come to fruition.

Here is a glimpse of the new prototype interface.

Then things begin to go sideways.

Romania joins the alliance for peace(the democracies) and try for their piece.

The Allies membership roster.

Germany moves through Yugoslavia like there is no resistance. Just a walk in the woods.

Then Yugoslavia is no more.

Germany then liberates a few puppets.

"If you love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; may your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Victoria 2

Time to liberate Yugoslavia, I see. Such discriminant democracies, always loving to spread their ideology to peaceful fascists!

Building the Empires Stage 1

After the democracies devoured Yugoslavia, the Axis held a meeting to decide the course of the future. Italy announced her desire to claim the lands of Abyssinia and later to claim the Balkans. All presented voted in favor of the exercise. The protector saw Abyssinia as a chance to test Fuller's theories and with the thus gained practical knowledge, help him refine those theories. Japan announced concern over a lack of basic resources. While the Emperor was glad that the Protector was currently making up for the lack, Hirohito wanted his own supply. Thus he desired to create his Co-Prosperity sphere. Lands from China, Siberia, and the Dutch East Indies could supply all of Japan's needs and more. France wanted revenge upon the Prussians and wanted to claim much of Germany proper. All the way to Moscow. The United Kingdom, stated Mosley, would eventually reclaim most of her lost colonies. All four major leaders present agreed to fully support the others in their desires since there was no conflict in them.

Building The Empires Stage 2

After the fall of Abyssinia, the army took time to evaluate their performance. The RAF and the RN did not get to participate beyond ferrying troops and supplies. Fuller announced some doctrinal changes including the use of armor as a full sized division. Several armored divisions were then ordered. Another issue noticed was the extremely long travel times in the mountains and the difficulties faced fighting across rivers. Since Japan wanted to take China, Fuller knew that the army would face even worse infrastructural issues and more rivers. Between that and the large number of mountains, Fuller decided to form special divisions trained to handle those situations. The date was set January 1937, the Axis of Imperial Powers would attack China.

As planned, the Empire of Japan declared war on the Chinas.

The RN scored first blood.

Lufeng was taken with no fanfare or shots fired. It couldn't last.

Guangzhou was an important initial target for weakening Chinese industry.

The Chinese armies were fighting valiantly, but superior British might pushed them back steadily. The RAF was finally getting involved after flying halfway around the world. Would China fall as easily as Abyssinia? Time would tell, but so far so good.

Victoria 2

Interesting that the British are progressing quicker than the Japanese. I assume you'll cede all of that land back to Japan when the war ends?

Quote Originally Posted by SovietAmerika View Post
    Interesting that the British are progressing quicker than the Japanese. I assume you'll cede all of that land back to Japan when the war ends?
    Just as I did with the Italians in Africa. I also gave Malta to Italy because they have cores on it. I spent 4 years building ic, my base is now over 170. Giving Malta away(0 ic) hurts nothing for me. OTOH, when we go for the Balkans, I will keep Crete. I am also keeping Hong Kong of course.

Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by son of liberty View Post
    Just as I did with the Italians in Africa. I also gave Malta to Italy because they have cores on it. I spent 4 years building ic, my base is now over 170. Giving Malta away(0 ic) hurts nothing for me. OTOH, when we go for the Balkans, I will keep Crete. I am also keeping Hong Kong of course.
    Sounds good with me.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Same here, sounds logical enough. Your lightning offensive in China should be a cakewalk with support in the North.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Invading China? Oh god what a disaster, say bye bye to the armies that China is about to gobble up! XD

Unlike in RL, China just *isn't* the quagmire it should be. As a student of modern history and the Sino-Japanese war, it always bugs me.
    (spontaneous militia appearing behind Japanese lines + supply dump creation might help a bit)
    Earth Needs You!
    OPERATION BLUE DANUBE, (It's still a thing)

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserMuffin View Post
    Unlike in RL, China just *isn't* the quagmire it should be. As a student of modern history and the Sino-Japanese war, it always bugs me.
    (spontaneous militia appearing behind Japanese lines + supply dump creation might help a bit)
    That is nothing to what an invasion of the US should spawn. At a minimum it should be 1-2 militia with armored cars for every single province, and 50 inf divisions(state national guard call ups) with a variety of brigades, mainly arty. I do agree with the supply dump thing. I have always thought that should be a building with prefab level one dumps capable of being built en-mass and larger sizes built from the province interface. I have always hated all supplies and resources coming from the capitol.

Oh yes, an invasion of the USA is probably the most nonsensical things that happens in various HOI games. Even the logistical problems alone would be almost insurmountable. I have always felt that it's too easy to conquer big countries like China, Russia or the USA in HOI games, mostly due to arcade logistics.

Combat commanders have been saying that while the current bomber command is doing a good job, they really need aircraft that can strike right at the front lines. Fuller, Dowding, and others got together and came up with a new aircraft designed exclusively for "close support" of combat troops. Four test wings were ordered and Air Doctrine researchers were ordered to develop plans for their implementation.

Newly discovered radar technology could conceivably give early warning and even approach vectors of incoming attack craft. Several radar stations were placed under construction to use this remarkable device. Additionally anti aircraft guns were ordered constructed in every province of the home islands as well as in Gibraltar, Hong Kong, Ceylon, and Singapore.

Several CVL's are ordered to support British SAG's.

This is a bug that I keep forgetting to report. When a straight is blockaded, infantry should not be able to retreat that way.

A glimpse of the new prototype research interface.

Never get involved in a land war in Asia? For amateurs maybe. Troops of the Empire easily dominate the Chinese rabble.

There sure are a lot of the rabble to destroy though.

Do we have enough bullets?

Even the vaunted RAF cannot hit everywhere at once, but where they do hit they hasten the enemy's defeat.

My allies sign a pact with Germany. They assure me that they do it only as a way to convince the democratic behemoth to waste their resources against the communist behemoth. Makes sense.

A useful trait gained. The Chinese war has taught many of my generals superior mountain tactics, with others learning hill fighting techniques.

Note that no retreat possible now gives a defensive bonus. I never noticed that before.

More rabble, the terrain is a worse enemy than the enemies themselves.

RAF bomber command throws all available bomber wings into the fray at Haikou. Defenders now out number attackers. How all those divisions got past 3 combat fleets is unknown.

Alexander learns mountain tactics the hard way.

The defense at Haikou is now led by a very skilled general.

Ironsides leads a further expansion of the Chinese offensive.

MI6 has not contributed to the war effort at all. They are now ordered to attack national morale and cohesiveness; reducing the Chinese will to resist.

They are soon successful and ordered to continue their efforts as they see fit.

Chinese troops begin a counter attack to try to regain some lost territory.

Gort launches a flanking attack against Changsha in order to relieve British defenders under attack from that province.

One militia division shatters almost immediately. The three remaining are close to breaking within hours of Gort's offensive starting.

The attack on Haikou is not going well.

The attack is called off to give the men time to rest and reinforce. The RAF is ordered to attack provincial emplacements and supply dumps. All fleets near the island are ordered to interdict incoming supply vessels. A long term siege is begun.

The current progress of British and Japanese troops.

I find it difficult to believe that the UK has no Royal Marine tech team. One match is the best I can get. However, the assault on Haikou shows definitively that troops specially trained in amphibious warfare will be necessary for future wars.

While troop quality may be low, the Chinese show a willingness to die to defend their lands. Respect grows among the British leadership for their bravery.

Changsha is defended by a skilled general, but his troops lack his skill. The militia divisions will soon shatter.

Debao, on the other hand has real infantry and great defensive terrain.

Another general learns mountain tactics. He is the slated future commander for the next armored division that is completed.

A Japanese bomber wing joins the RAF in attacking troop concentrations in Sanming. Prior to now, each empire had concentrated on their chosen front.

The defense of Debao is stiffened with the addition of another infantry division.

General Hollington learns Jungle tactics. China has been a fantastic training ground for our generals.

Victory is very near in Sanming.

Japan shares some of their radar technology with us.

Debao gains another division even as some are ready to shatter.

Stage Two: Joining The Chinese Fronts

This is it for China - it probably does not have enough IC to produce a significant number of troops. It's time to find a new target!

Quote Originally Posted by Cybvep View Post
    This is it for China - it probably does not have enough IC to produce a significant number of troops. It's time to find a new target!
    Nope, looks like I will have to annex China. Japan and I occupy 90% of the VP's, but not 90% of the provinces. I have to go all the way out by Sinkiang, but I have armor and mtn/eng it shouldn't take too long. Maybe 3-4 months just due to terrain and winter.

ETA: I am up to January 38, that is why I say I will likely have to annex.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast