• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Feb 20, 2012
Greetings,
I have previously purchased this game from direct2drive, (3/25/2011 purchase date), since then I have built a new PC and would like to install this game on the new PC.

Today, after spending hours searching around, I have learned I now need to deal with GameFly to re-download the game.

Gamefly tells me they do not have this available for download (found this out after I installed their crappy client). So I off I went to my Steam account with the CD key gamefly provides me in their "purchase history" only to find out Steam will not accept the CD key.

I do not previously remember registering this game on the boards here, but when I try to with my new account I just setup to make this post, am being told my CD key has already been activated.. GRRR..

I have wasted several hours here on my day off attempting to just play the damn game and can't.

Rather then posting the CD key here, can someone help me locate the account I may have created almost a year ago to register this game, or can someone help me with locating where I can download it?

My frustration level is off the charts and am quickly learning that doing a digital purchase is a seriously bad idea..

Any suggestions?

Did you talk to Direct2Drive / GameFly support?

Steam will not accept your key. If you didn't purchase retail or directly on Steam you cannot add in Steam. Only as a non-Steam game, which has no advantage in it.

About you have registered here already, you can use the search to find users with nicknames that you might have created, or search posts you might have posted. Once you have the nickname of your old user and the CD key you get in contact with Kallocain by PM and tell him your problem.

P.S. Actually if you locate your old nickname you can just use the lost password system of the forum, and get the pass by email.

Last edited: