+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Going Gold in 24 hours!

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Buladelu View Post
    Right, Rome has this strange charm of "What the hell am i playing" in addition to usual sandbox motto of "Play as Bar, I don't care". But the game had ideas: civil wars. Everything was tied to civil wars: character system, titles, province governors. Too bad they haven't tied external diplomacy there. But I hope next P-x game will be something about it. Everybody loves the era and maybe they'll make timeline in the 1-4 century were you basicaly own the world and live under constant threat of rebels, civil wars and religious problems. May be something very new for Paradox, I don't think they've tried any innovative gameplay since HoI3.
    Rome has a special place in my heart. See, my first experience with Paradox strategy games was EU3 vanilla. As we all know, these games are not very 'newbie' friendly. So I read the manual, and (wrongly) thought... "I'll start with a little country so I don't get overwhelmed with options". So I started the game, played around with things for an hour or so, then France steamrolled over my baby country. I didn't have any idea what I was doing so I abandoned the game.
    About 6 months later, think in one of those Steam sales, I bought Rome complete for cheapz (like $5 or so), don't even think I knew it was from the same people as EU3 or I would probably have skipped it. But, as Rome is imho a much simpler game, I started to actually understand how it all works.
    Then I gave EU3 another try, and did much better, fell in love with the game and now I'm a total addict, so you could say Rome Universalis was my gateway drug
    Last edited by wolfing; 26-02-2012 at 19:51.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Ssso. I assume it's been almost a week since going gold. Any reports or other bones to chew on? (:

MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSword of the StarsMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Konstantinos XV View Post
    Ssso. I assume it's been almost a week since going gold. Any reports or other bones to chew on? (:

Going to deliver a RC next thursday with all critical stuff reported addressed. I suppose this bone is big enough!
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

64 games registered

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILead and GoldThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesPenumbra - Black Plague
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

This is, without doubt, the greatest news I've seen in the forums since MMtG was announced. Kudos to Ubik & co. for having reached Gold stage. We eagerly await the final product.

Needless to say I'm definitely preordering this.
    "Der ganze Balkan ist nicht die gesunden Knochen eines einzigen pommerschen Grenadiers wert." - Otto von Bismarck.

EPIC POST! Johan addresses Kieran of CA http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...2&postcount=41

Foundations ablaze: a story of Europe during the turbulent years of WWI (1907-1918) - A France Vicky II AHD AAR: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...281907-1918%29

Capetan Glory - A France (SRI) AAR (Abandoned due to savegame loss) : http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-%28SRI%29-AAR

Argh, I harmed myself by looking at the manual. So hard to wait.

Of course : cheers for having led this game to the Gold point !

Seriously, do you feel guilty for not having waited seven months more ? Do you think you could have implemented and polished much more features if you had waited Q3 2012 ?
    Last edited by Magean; 04-03-2012 at 13:30.
    "The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G. K. Chesterton

Join the Paradoxian Union of Lottocrats !

MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSword of the StarsMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Magean View Post
    Argh, I harmed myself by looking at the manual. So hard to wait.

Of course : cheers for having led this game to the Gold point !

Seriously, do you feel guilty for not having waited seven months more ? Do you think you could have implemented and polished much more features if you had waited Q3 2012 ?

Not guilty at all. Honestly it was not even a call for me. No more features would have been included, just polishing the game while being subject to the attrition of the forums for not releasing it for another half year more, talks about vapourware - both of which are perfectly understandable - and all the "interesting" character assassination of my persona that went on for some time. On top of it all, it didn't fit Universo Virtual schedule.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

Well, that's perfect then.

Just two months more... But the hardest ones.
    "The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G. K. Chesterton

Join the Paradoxian Union of Lottocrats !

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ubik View Post
    Not guilty at all. Honestly it was not even a call for me. No more features would have been included, just polishing the game while being subject to the attrition of the forums for not releasing it for another half year more, talks about vapourware - both of which are perfectly understandable - and all the "interesting" character assassination of my persona that went on for some time. On top of it all, it didn't fit Universo Virtual schedule.
    I certainly think it was the right choice not to postpone for half a year. Good luck with the release ubik.
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by ubik View Post
    Not guilty at all. ...being subject to the attrition of the forums for not releasing it for another half year more
    *Reading between the lines mode: ON. Wishful thinking mode: ON.* Okay. To make half a year between Q2 and Q3 the implied release dates have to be early Q2 AND late Q3. Which means... the release is to happen during the early Q2! :P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5