• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(453181)

Corporal
1 Badges
Feb 17, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
So my Spymaster has found some homosexual and I have 3 options, blackmailing him and creating rumors in the court. What do these two do? they don't give explanations about what happens.

I blackmailed him once and really didn't see anything come out of it.

I did this a lot in the demo. With the blackmail option my steward would usually pop up immediately afterward and tell me he'd collected a special tithe. So blackmail, I think, gives you money. Not sure what the rumors option does.

Blackmailing you get 50 gold, the rumours part lowers the vassal's opinions of the person you've discovered I'd imagine. I think there is a risk to your Spymaster though, quite often after getting the initial rumours dialog my Spymaster has been killed.

Is there a way of knowing who your spymaster is speaking about? I'd really like to know if hes the pretender to my elective duchy, since the opinion hit on him would be nice.

The 50 gold is from the 'uncover corruption' spymaster action (possible only in your realm). The discovering of a homosexual is from the 'spread vicious rumours' action (possible anywhere). I haven't seen any of the choices in the latter action do anything visible, not sure if they work at all at the moment.