• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Werewhale, I love reading your AAR. Saltborn is amazingly funny and a pleasure to read. As the WritAAR for last week, I am awarding the WritAAR award to you for this next week. The thread for this award is here.

You were the AAR writer that sparked my own interest in writing an AAR. You're fabulously funny in both your writing and in the graphic art that adorns your screenshots. I don't often laugh so hard that I'm actually crying, but I found myself doing exactly that while reading your AAR.

I am very excited to see your next AAR. Thanks for all your hard work, Werewhale!

I've probably already thanked you in the WritAAR thread, but this thread looks empty without a proper thank-you in it. So thanks. I just got around to catching up on your AAR the other day and I'm honoured that I played a part in its inception.

Great AAR from a fellow Icelander.

If you have access to the savegame still I would love to see a breakdown of the Dynasty Tree.

I only have my laptop with me during the summer. Hopefully I can get something from the desktop once I move back into my apartment in the capital(I live with my parents during the summer leave). Don't keep your hopes up, though, it's been a lot of patches since then, and those have a tendency to load with blank maps when using current versions.

Fantastic read, Werewhale! Thanks a lot for posting this! Do you draw your own smilies? They are amazingly in-character, I think, even if you re-use some of them! Loved the gorilla too... :)

Most of the smilies are drawn from the faces index of Dan Awesome's Rage Maker. Some of the smaller smilies I drew myself directly onto the screenshots. All the computer-related reaction pictures, such as the gorilla, are drawn from the interwebs. They're viral enough that sources are hard to find and probably irrelevant.

To everyone else:

Thank you very much for your kind comments. I may not reply to you directly because I have nothing to add, but it really brightens my day to find this thread bumped with praise! If you'd like some more shenanigans from me, I have started the AAR We Can Not Sow, making use of the new The Old Gods DLC, where I play as some poor sod in Eastern Iceland. Saltborn will always be my favourite, but We Can Not Sow certainly has its moments, as well as a banner.

Reactions:
Really enjoyed reading this! After (okay, while) reading this, I decided I'd have to give this game a try, despite being terrible at my brief tries at Vicky and HoI... so that's another sale Paradox can credit you with. :)

Tagging it so I can find it to reread.

For info:
Instead of posting you can simply click on "Watch thread" at top right below "Sort".