• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MasterofMagic

CONFEDERATES AND FLAGS FOREVER!!
3 Badges
Nov 30, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
When my son came of age I started looking for him a wife of ROYALTY....baroness, princesses, you name it if they was royalty I was trying it. But, all the GOOD ones with good stats I kept getting "wants better alliance ****" craptola. Now if I went to the craptola countries that had craptola daughters with craptola stats I could usually find a royal wife there but what good is that? Most of them were celebate and inbred blind and insane no wonder their parents were willing to give them up. lol

Ok Paradox here's what we need if you're going to be chinchie on the babes/hunks with good stats. Please have a tab with just those willing to ACCEPT marriages to the particular character we put in the character circle. THis way we don't have to go through 100's of choices only to find there's only 5 in the whole lot willing to marry our characters. As this is just a frustrating waste of time right now going through all of them over n over n over again looking for a decent marriage couple.

Next thing with the way the marriages are now there shouldn't be such a hit to prestige for marrying lower or a courtier. -60? cmon that's a ridiculous hit -25 okay...-60 overboard. Hell it's even hard to marry a courtier lol well to another courtier that is because on those you get
"X is not important" **** geesh.

Now I'm all for stopping the marriage exploit to get best quality council stats, but, going overboard is going overboard and it shouldn't be not ever no way rare as comets to get one. Heck I think comets come around more often than getting a good stat council marriage now. ;)

Really hard to marry a royalty of the opposite sex now.
Well, it is still easier than trying to marry royalty of the same sex. :)

Seriously, I think that getting good marriages is meant to be difficult. It seems to help a lot if you have high prestige. But you usually cannot have it all -- high stats plus helpful prestige impact plus the traits that will best suit your needs. But playing as an Irish duke, I can usually accomplish at least one of these goals with each marriage.

I never really noticed, in my von Habsburg game everyone was lining up to accept my marriages that would get their lands inherited.:p

Ok Paradox here's what we need if you're going to be chinchie on the babes/hunks with good stats. Please have a tab with just those willing to ACCEPT marriages to the particular character we put in the character circle. THis way we don't have to go through 100's of choices only to find there's only 5 in the whole lot willing to marry our characters. As this is just a frustrating waste of time right now going through all of them over n over n over again looking for a decent marriage couple.

Click on the "Joined Rings" icon on the character portrait of whom you're trying to marry off.

Well, it is still easier than trying to marry royalty of the same sex. :)

Seriously, I think that getting good marriages is meant to be difficult. It seems to help a lot if you have high prestige. But you usually cannot have it all -- high stats plus helpful prestige impact plus the traits that will best suit your needs. But playing as an Irish duke, I can usually accomplish at least one of these goals with each marriage.

Well I can also it's the being able to marry ROYALTY with good stats that's hard. There was one with a 27 Diplomacy that I really wanted for my son/heir but of course I got that 'wants better alliance' craptola and couldn't get her. I ended up with some courtier with like a 17 14 15 12 7 with a lustful trait which wasn't bad and will generate some good offspring I hope.

lol that just made me think of a new trait for the game: Nympho.....+20 fertility -2 companions health lol