• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dryclean_Only

Second Lieutenant
14 Badges
Mar 14, 2007
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
ThreeMountains.jpg

Only 2800 infamy too!

Wow Great ! :O
Congratulations ! Are you the first man in th world to achieve this ? ^^

And please, write an AAR of this Ryukyu game ! Please :)

DDRJake recently did it by becoming a horde (link here). (I say that only to point out that this isn't the first time someone got this achievement.)

Great job! How did you manage that much infamy?

How many years have you played with infamy over the limit?

I went over the infamy limit in the mid 1630s so about 175 years or so.

An AAR wouldn't be very interesting. I basically exploited the way the game handles random events to not have to deal with the infamy events. As each random bad event would pop up I would move it down to the bottom right corner. Once about 5 months would pass, I would save, resign, and reload to clear events. By the end I think it might have been easier to just deal with the events because the save reload three times a year was so freakin tedious. I kept my saves in case I needed to go back and ended up with 625 save files for this play through.

DDRJake recently did it by becoming a horde (link here). (I say that only to point out that this isn't the first time someone got this achievement.)

Not even close to the "first man to do this".
I did it this summer, there was a whole thread about this.
Ok I didn't know that. Anyway, I'm still not able to complete such achievement. Congratz (again) !

I went over the infamy limit in the mid 1630s so about 175 years or so.

An AAR wouldn't be very interesting. I basically exploited the way the game handles random events to not have to deal with the infamy events. As each random bad event would pop up I would move it down to the bottom right corner. Once about 5 months would pass, I would save, resign, and reload to clear events. By the end I think it might have been easier to just deal with the events because the save reload three times a year was so freakin tedious. I kept my saves in case I needed to go back and ended up with 625 save files for this play through.

That's cheating, by my definition at least.

I considered it more exploiting than cheating but either way, not exactly kosher.

However, I challenge you to play for 175 years of game time saving and reloading three times a year and not pull your hair out.

Well, I consider exploiting to be cheating. The fact that it doesn't involve editing save files or using the console doesn't mean it's not doing something in a manner certainly not intended to be possible (and in most places where you can cheat it isn't as easily defined as it is for videogames).

And there are reasons I don't do WCs - I lack the patience. WCs are supposed to be hard. And there are reasons for the events that occur above the infamy limit. Just bypassing them isn't right - especially when you're doing it for an achievement. (And it's certainly possible to do this without cheating, too.)

Well, not very impressive gameplay wise then but still I do admire your patience to do that and reload so often.

In one of my games I planned to do reverse colonisation in Europe after conquering both Americas with Cherokee...I went over the limit, played just few more years (and by few I mean less than 4) and even though my country was holding up fine I just couldn't bare the popup and you have to click it every time you cannot just hit enter, it just totally spoilt the game for me. I probably could very well take that event for the remainder of the game (at least in Americas - islands are annoying), but was going nuts with the clicking and popups, so I just settled for British Islands, because you know ...justice.

So I do admire patience to move each of the windows every time it popsup and then reload every so often.
Though it needs to be written:
Your respect on the forum has been revoked!
;)

With the use of that exploit you don't deserve the achievement.
But it is your game. You bought it and you can play however you want to, that's nobody elses business.

But you have 0 bragging rights.

Badass. I wouldn't have the patience to do a non-horde WC.
To my surprise well-planned :))) non-horde WC doesn't actually require that much patience, considerably less than horde WC. I've completed England WC (I was trying to confirm that it's possible to do Christian WC without gamey tactics) and it was actually fun for the most of the game. At the same time my GH "before 1500" WC attempt is on hold (it's way too tedious).

In an attempt to salvage my shredded dignity, I'm going back to 1546 in my game. This was before I went over the infamy and let the dark side take over. I believe I had just finished westernizing. I hadn't done anything exploity or cheaty at this point short of a couple rage quits (like when I forgot my entire naval stack in a coastal province taking attrition and they all sank). I'll repost once(if) I raze the world again.

Here is the world in 1546:
EU3_MAP_RYU_154666_1.jpg