+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Huzah!

  1. #1

    Huzah!



    Only 2800 infamy too!

  2. #2
    First Lieutenant Boon63's Avatar
    Divine Wind500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Auvergne
    Posts
    292
    Wow Great ! :O
    Congratulations ! Are you the first man in th world to achieve this ? ^^

    And please, write an AAR of this Ryukyu game ! Please

  3. #3
    DDRJake recently did it by becoming a horde (link here). (I say that only to point out that this isn't the first time someone got this achievement.)

    Great job! How did you manage that much infamy?
    -Ruanek

  4. #4
    Field Marshal DDRJake's Avatar
    Ship Simulator Extremes

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Scotland,United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,850
    Badass. I wouldn't have the patience to do a non-horde WC.

  5. #5
    Podcat's Cat Wrangler T.j. Arnold's Avatar
    53 games registered

    53

    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,280
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon63 View Post
    Wow Great ! :O
    Congratulations ! Are you the first man in th world to achieve this ? ^^

    And please, write an AAR of this Ryukyu game ! Please
    Not even close to the "first man to do this".
    I did it this summer, there was a whole thread about this.

  6. #6
    How many years have you played with infamy over the limit?

  7. #7
    How many years have you played with infamy over the limit?
    I went over the infamy limit in the mid 1630s so about 175 years or so.

    An AAR wouldn't be very interesting. I basically exploited the way the game handles random events to not have to deal with the infamy events. As each random bad event would pop up I would move it down to the bottom right corner. Once about 5 months would pass, I would save, resign, and reload to clear events. By the end I think it might have been easier to just deal with the events because the save reload three times a year was so freakin tedious. I kept my saves in case I needed to go back and ended up with 625 save files for this play through.

  8. #8
    First Lieutenant Boon63's Avatar
    Divine Wind500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Auvergne
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruanek View Post
    DDRJake recently did it by becoming a horde (link here). (I say that only to point out that this isn't the first time someone got this achievement.)
    Quote Originally Posted by T.j. Arnold View Post
    Not even close to the "first man to do this".
    I did it this summer, there was a whole thread about this.
    Ok I didn't know that. Anyway, I'm still not able to complete such achievement. Congratz (again) !

  9. #9
    I had read through poor_newb's aar a while back before I ever attempted this. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...u-WC-AAR-guide

    My first 100 years were pretty similar to that.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryclean_Only View Post
    I went over the infamy limit in the mid 1630s so about 175 years or so.

    An AAR wouldn't be very interesting. I basically exploited the way the game handles random events to not have to deal with the infamy events. As each random bad event would pop up I would move it down to the bottom right corner. Once about 5 months would pass, I would save, resign, and reload to clear events. By the end I think it might have been easier to just deal with the events because the save reload three times a year was so freakin tedious. I kept my saves in case I needed to go back and ended up with 625 save files for this play through.
    That's cheating, by my definition at least.
    -Ruanek

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruanek View Post
    That's cheating, by my definition at least.
    I considered it more exploiting than cheating but either way, not exactly kosher.

    However, I challenge you to play for 175 years of game time saving and reloading three times a year and not pull your hair out.

  12. #12
    Field Marshal DDRJake's Avatar
    Ship Simulator Extremes

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Scotland,United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,850
    I took my tribal successions as the ryukyun horde on the chin like a champ. If you want to skip almost every negative consequence of high infamy and still claim the achievement then you'll likely be hosed down on the forums for it.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryclean_Only View Post
    I considered it more exploiting than cheating but either way, not exactly kosher.

    However, I challenge you to play for 175 years of game time saving and reloading three times a year and not pull your hair out.
    Well, I consider exploiting to be cheating. The fact that it doesn't involve editing save files or using the console doesn't mean it's not doing something in a manner certainly not intended to be possible (and in most places where you can cheat it isn't as easily defined as it is for videogames).

    And there are reasons I don't do WCs - I lack the patience. WCs are supposed to be hard. And there are reasons for the events that occur above the infamy limit. Just bypassing them isn't right - especially when you're doing it for an achievement. (And it's certainly possible to do this without cheating, too.)
    -Ruanek

  14. #14
    Well, not very impressive gameplay wise then but still I do admire your patience to do that and reload so often.

    In one of my games I planned to do reverse colonisation in Europe after conquering both Americas with Cherokee...I went over the limit, played just few more years (and by few I mean less than 4) and even though my country was holding up fine I just couldn't bare the popup and you have to click it every time you cannot just hit enter, it just totally spoilt the game for me. I probably could very well take that event for the remainder of the game (at least in Americas - islands are annoying), but was going nuts with the clicking and popups, so I just settled for British Islands, because you know ...justice.

    So I do admire patience to move each of the windows every time it popsup and then reload every so often.
    Though it needs to be written:
    Your respect on the forum has been revoked!

  15. #15
    Second Lieutenant Oogh's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneNaval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveThe Showdown Effect
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    173
    With the use of that exploit you don't deserve the achievement.
    But it is your game. You bought it and you can play however you want to, that's nobody elses business.

    But you have 0 bragging rights.
    "Go then, there are other worlds than these."

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by DDRJake View Post
    Badass. I wouldn't have the patience to do a non-horde WC.
    To my surprise well-planned () non-horde WC doesn't actually require that much patience, considerably less than horde WC. I've completed England WC (I was trying to confirm that it's possible to do Christian WC without gamey tactics) and it was actually fun for the most of the game. At the same time my GH "before 1500" WC attempt is on hold (it's way too tedious).

  17. #17
    In an attempt to salvage my shredded dignity, I'm going back to 1546 in my game. This was before I went over the infamy and let the dark side take over. I believe I had just finished westernizing. I hadn't done anything exploity or cheaty at this point short of a couple rage quits (like when I forgot my entire naval stack in a coastal province taking attrition and they all sank). I'll repost once(if) I raze the world again.

    Here is the world in 1546:

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts