• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(201662)

Major
13 Badges
Mar 31, 2010
  • Cities in Motion
  • East India Company Collection
  • For the Motherland
  • Galactic Assault
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Magicka
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • 500k Club
Repost from Kerberos forums:
[h=3]Psionic Abilities - How To Use In Combat[/h] by ddub » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:40 am

Psionic Abilities:

Inspiration - gives added resistance to psionic effects from enemies (eg: causes enemy to use more psi power to do life drain), effect is for a group of ships and it decays over time.
Block - click the Block button and the mouse icon will turn into the select friendly icon, click a friend and this gives a buff agaist psi attacks (same as inspiration except it gives more resistance and does not decay).

TKFist - select a target, click and hold TKFist button below psi bar, when charged, release button and it will fire a kinetic blast at the target.
Hold - select a target, click and hold Hold button and it will hold a ship in place (depending on target size, will take longer to apply effect and will consume more power)
Crush - same as hold except it also causes crush damage to the targetted ship

Repair - hold and it repairs ship (must have some armor available, when armor is all gone, it will not repair that side).

Fear - select a target, click and hold the Fear button and it will turn the target yellow and have it run away (depending on the size of target and and buffs, it may take longer to apply the effect).
Reveal - click and it will reveal all cloaked ships for a short duration.

Listen - select a target, click and hold the Listen button and as long as you are holding it, you can see the target's desired destination and its currently selected main target.
WildFire - click the WildFire button, the icon will change to the target icon, click a target and this target will lose control of all weapons and fire in all directions.
Control - select a target, click and hold the Control button and you will gain control of the target for 1 minute (depending on size of target, it may take longer to apply effect)

Mirage - click the Mirage button and 3 mirage copies of your ship will appear. These will divert enemy fire and block damage to your ship.
False Friend - click the False Friend button and your ship will turn into a copy of your enemy's ship (of same size class) as will it will look like a friend on your enemy's sensor.
Invisibilty - click the Invisibility button and your ship will turn invisibile.

Does this mean there are Jedi in the SOTS universe? Those are some pretty strong mind powers. Didn't expect stuff like holding ships in place or crushing them. If you do the auto battle how is that kind of thing calculated for it?

Does this mean there are Jedi in the SOTS universe? Those are some pretty strong mind powers. Didn't expect stuff like holding ships in place or crushing them. If you do the auto battle how is that kind of thing calculated for it?
This may be the same power list that Liir Elders use. The ones who've teleported their leviathan-sized selves into space.

I doubt auto-resolve combat will really take psionics into proper account.

The current auto-battle already overlooks things like if you have the advantage fire power or numbers wise and will reuse the same behaviour for all involved for every engagement I've found.

So hoping for it to properly use Psionics is probably expecting a bit too much until the AI gets a seriously reinvention. :)

Current auto-resolve actually fight the battle in accelerated time, the main reason why it;s currently bad at it is because the AAI is still mediocre in terms of tactical combats and usually don't know how to properly use all the systems, OTOH once the game will be feature complete (probably by the end of the month or next month) it will get a lot of attention in tweaking, kerberos goal is that if the game is feature complete than the AI should reach a position where it doesn't have to cheat in order to be competitive (with is where SotS1 AI is currently).

That being said, the coming patch (which is being delayed by steam currently) had some MP tweaks aimed to kill most of the MP bugs so if you want to have a really challenging game just hop to an MP game and see how you fare against Human players :) thats what I intend to do.

Warder

I have a feeling it's based more on the telepaths from Babylon 5 than on Jedi. I don't recall Jedi using mind powers on enemy ships, though they were able to exert some kind of organizational control of a fleet through the force as Sidious did in Episode 6.

I have a feeling it's based more on the telepaths from Babylon 5 than on Jedi. I don't recall Jedi using mind powers on enemy ships, though they were able to exert some kind of organizational control of a fleet through the force as Sidious did in Episode 6.

Expanded Universe says hi.

Now that Enhanced edtion is out, are Loa immune to some of the powers?
While I could see them hit by a hit by a hold, controllign a machien psioncally sounds wierd.
For same reasons, are AI commands immune to some powers like control & wildifre?