+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ways to gain piety?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Ways to gain piety?

I know I can gain some piety by creating bishoprics and by buying indulgences, but what other methods are there?

Outside of random events I think you can only rely on traits and learning skill for increasing the base rate of gain.

Convert provinces to catholicism. Only gives you 15 points per province, though.

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India

The "Spiritual Art" tech increases piety gain.

The Zealous, Content and Humble traits will also increase piety.

Winning religious defense wars gives 50 piety and there's never any shortage of suitable intervention targets in Spain.

charitable gives +0.5 i think as well?

68 games registered

CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Crusading or just general holy war is the best way to get it up. Only places where that isn't a realistic easy option are Britain and France.
    Non Angelus Sed Anglus

The Barcelona-based Sport: 'Football punishes Barca - Unjust, cruel, horrible, unmerited. Any adjective is not enough to define the incredible elimination of Barca at the hands of Chelsea.'

send your chancellor to fabricate claims and then decline to pursue the claim. Nets you +10 or +15 piety, I believe.
    A world is supported by four things: the learning of the wise, the justice of the great, the prayers of the righteous and the valor of the brave. But these are as nothing without a ruler who knows the art of ruling.

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by Fjoelsvider View Post
    charitable gives +0.5 i think as well?
    Doesn't say so on the tool-tip.

+ Reply to Thread