+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What we know so far II

- Support ships may not be present in the game, since they "have little purpose in a game centered on combat".
    What does that mean? I think that supports ships always have purpose in a game like this. If i cannot rearm,refuel or restock my fleet, how is supposed to achieve my goals? unless your are planning short campaigns in the game. And from the enemy side, there would be a great target to hit. Ask England about that, when we hit the Atlantic Conveyor on Malvinas war, with the Chinooks and a lot of stuff for the infantry people.

Regards.

Lord High Admiral General Baker's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

As in, the campaign is broken up into manageable 'scenarios', as opposed to multi-week missions I suppose resupply is imagined to happen between each scenario.

Although that would be an awesome style of campaign to mod into the game after launch

Hearts of Iron IIINaval War: Arctic Circle

Quote Originally Posted by gmilitel View Post
    What does that mean? I think that supports ships always have purpose in a game like this. If i cannot rearm,refuel or restock my fleet, how is supposed to achieve my goals? unless your are planning short campaigns in the game. And from the enemy side, there would be a great target to hit. Ask England about that, when we hit the Atlantic Conveyor on Malvinas war, with the Chinooks and a lot of stuff for the infantry people.

Regards.
    *Britain not England as you fought Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland too.

*Falklands is the name in English not Malvinas. (joking of course, it tends to depend on what side of the argument you sit)
    "The best thing about the British is our ability to laugh at ourselves. By ourselves, I mean other people and by laugh, I mean invade."

Hearts of Iron IIINaval War: Arctic CircleSupreme Ruler: Cold War

In a dinghy in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.
    Jan what types of weapons loadouts will be in NWAC? Will there be multiple options for each type? If this is the case you will see a new, updated thread from me soon.

i think i gonna buy this game where can i get it?

Hearts of Iron IIINaval War: Arctic CircleSupreme Ruler: Cold War

In a dinghy in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xxamirul View Post
    i think i gonna buy this game where can i get it?
    It hasn't been released yet!

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Wishful thinking, hehe.

Is this game going to be locked with Steam? meaning no matter where i buy it i will have to download steam in order to play it?

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 Complete
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSword of the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Sockmess View Post
    Is this game going to be locked with Steam? meaning no matter where i buy it i will have to download steam in order to play it?
    At the moment the answer is yes. For a more detailed explanation of why this is the case see the 11th post in that thread.

- Time compression available in singleplayer to speed up the game, although active pausing will not be possible.
    What does this "active pausing" mean? Do you mean in multiplayer, or no pausing in the single player game? Or do you mean making commands while paused?

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Naval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Dicetrain View Post
    What does this "active pausing" mean? Do you mean in multiplayer, or no pausing in the single player game? Or do you mean making commands while paused?
    No pausing at all, though 1:1 time is slow enough that you don't really need it.

No pausing at all? Is this Atari 2600?

Naval War: Arctic Circle

Bergen, Hordaland, Norway, 106562399381316, Bergen, Hordaland
    You pause the game by pressing Esc (bringing up the menu).

You cannot issue orders in paused mode, though. The "R" in RTS

Okay, then. I was worried because 1:1 time doesn't stop phonecalls from happening while in combat, for example.

Our game reluctantly accepts that you do have a life

This can probs be unstickied, tbh.

Yup Thanks

Hearts of Iron IIINaval War: Arctic CircleSemper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by JanH View Post
    Yes! Everybody should buy it ten times.
    Excellent! Best answer yet. :-)
    Dave
    ===========
    "Happy is he who gets to know the meaning of things"
    -- Virgil