• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That was some killing spree. Shame Reynald survived -you could always complete the matter yourself.

That Raymond is behaving more insanely than Reynald. I think he has outlived his usefulness. Attacking the Knights Hospitaller is complete madness.

The question now seems to be whether to simply strip Raymon of his titles, or try to have him quietly murdered. If you're lucky, maybe the Assassins will get the credit for it.

Is it me or the Raymond of this game has gone nuts? I can't hardly recognize him! He's being more foolish that Reynald.

You've got some horrifically bad vassals. Hopefully they will be dead soon. :p

Great AAR!

RESPONSES

naggy: Who, Raymond? Even that kind of stunt wouldn't surprise me right about now. His AI has made some really stupid decisions in this game.

Saithis: Thanks! Hopefully the Hashishin threat has been diverted, but then again in-game they're not nearly as much of a threat as they ought to be.

Ivir Baggins: I'm actually surprised someone hasn't come along and tried to remove him for me.

Morsky: Thank you sir! That's high praise. I'm particularly pleased to hear you're enjoying the style. Since it was a bit of an experiment on my part, I've been hoping that my readers would like it. As for whether to advertise the story, you certainly wouldn't get any complaints from me. So please feel free! :D

Chief Ragusa: Yes, Tiberias attacking the Hospitallers is madness. In fact, for a Christian lord to declare war on a holy chivalric order over a small territorial claim is so unbelievably stupid that it should not even be possible. This is one example of de jure claims being way overpowered in CK2.

Deaghaidh: Unfortunately, neither is much of a possibility at the moment. To strip of his titles, I'd have to do it one at a time and would absolutely ruin my reputation with both my own vassals and the rest of Christendom. That's considered to be unbelievably depraved, more so even than having him executed, because I'd be depriving his heirs of their patrimony as well. I'd need a personal claim on each of his titles before I could strip them without penalty. That's decades of work for my poor chancellor. :( As for having him murdered, do you think I haven't tried? ;) He's just got a much better spymaster.

Kurt_Steiner: Yes, it looks as though Raymond's AI is absolutely nuts. Part of this may be that he's got two duchies in his own right, Tripoli by personal inheritance and Galilee from his late wife Eschiva, whereas Reynald is just a lord consort to the real heiress of Oultrejordain, Etienette de Milly. The game doesn't yet seem to have a mechanism to truly recognize the role of lords ruling de jure uxoris. Instead, these consorts just seem to be pet councillors to serve as marshals or stewards for their powerful wives. Meh.

Tommy4ever: Hopefully. No one lives forever, right? Thanks for stopping by, and welcome to the AAR!

Last edited:
That spymaster is probably the only reason Raymond is still alive. Is he a knight whom you could invite to join your court? You weren't kidding about half the kingdom, were you? Perhaps Sibylla should have married him herself. Attacking the Holy Orders is a speedy way to get yourself excommunicated and you need Raymond's levies.

Despite the madness of the AI , it does make for great drama and you've certainly captured it here if not a bit tongue in cheek for the discerning eye XD ; Plus I love the title .

Oh awesome, wrist blade action makes any CK game better.

Hmmmm, seems that your lords in the holy kingdom need replacement.

Tangent, @Estonianzulu, wow, you've been around for awhile

back on topic, you should try to cause a civil war in Syria

Tangent, @Estonianzulu, wow, you've been around for awhile

Yes, yes I have :D, I bought Europa Universalis 1 in August of 2001 after learning about it on a Starcraft multiplayer board and came over getting involved with the old EUtopia game. However, Deaghaidh has me beat.

RESPONSES

Chief Ragusa: The current patch has changed things so that it is supremely difficult to invite people to your court. There's no way to promise titles, lands and wealth over the phone, as it were. And I dare say it's a good thing Sibylla didn't try to marry Raymond. Ugh.

canonized: Haha, thank you kind sir! It looks like you know me well enough to discern my subtle sense of humor. :D I'm glad someone picked up on that.

Estonianzulu: You're not kidding. Those are some pretty bad dudes.

Dadarian: I would agree. But don't worry, it won't be all that long now. If their enemies don't get them, the Grim Reaper will. ;) Civil war in Syria, eh? Interesting thought.

I have long followed your AARs, Alexander, but this is by far one of the most entertaining ones (perhaps due to the zaniness of CK2, as you pointed out).

That Raymond is... silly. Hopefully an excommunication is in the lists for him?

timetogetaway: Thanks! A pleasure to have you onboard. We'll have to wait and see what ultimately happens to Raymond. ;)

loki100: Thank you. I've been doing my best to try to link some of the disparate happenings of the game in a manner that makes sense, so i'm glad you approve. :D And yes, my vassals are muppets, Raymond in particular right now.

Zany is the word - lot of drama and the your use of graphics is excellent. My own skills consist entirely of adding white borders to monchrome photos so I bow before your skill :D

Raymond is fun, looking forward to more.

Dr. Gonzo: Thanks very much. The gfx work isn't all that special though -- I just use screencaps from the game and from some popular films, with a little bit of cropping and the occasional color tweak here and there.

If you can't tempt his spymaster away, persuade the Pope to excommunicate Raymond or just get the Pope to sanction an invasion, you'll just have to sit and hope the war doesn't damage either too much before Saladin comes calling.

Very good stuff, I liked reading about the various assassinations and the usual AI stupidity. Speaking of which it may perhaps be time for Raymond of Tiberias to suffer death by 'natural' causes.