• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Subscribed!

Splendid work so far. A pity about the matrilineal marriage not working out. Excited to hear that is an option in CKII.

Ahh the epic drama , the mood music , the Levant ! It's all back XD . I'm looking forward to this latest remastering :D . Always a pleasure reading your work .

Knives out already, Richard already proving a most capable husband and now Salah ad-Din on the march, all within the first few years. Things are only going to get more interesting.

Glad to see this lovely thing is back again... and with Richard the Lionheart to boot! :)

At least Richard doesn't have to travel far to go on Crusade now - less chance of him being held for ransom in Germany if he's married to the possible Queen of Jerusalem. :happy:

Subbed and Subbed, let us watch the holy kingdom without the holy incompetence of Guy

RESPONSES

frigidmagi: He is indeed. But then he always did have a natural aptitude for this sort of thing.

Kurt_Steiner: Hello again, old friend! Glad you dropped by. You raise a good point -- let's hope Richard doesn't do anything too unpredictable.

Bagricula: Thanks very much. Yes, matrilineal marriages are in, though IMHO they still a need a little bit of tweaking.

loki100: You've got that right. The combination of this group of characters makes for some explosive happenings.

The_Archduke: Not quite yet. For some reason Richard has the "chaste" trait (despite fathering a bastard in real life) which slightly lowers fertility. Good thing Sibylla has a trait of her own that countermands Richard's! ;)

canonized: Well look who it is! Long time no see. It's a pleasure to have your patronage, as always. :D

morningSIDEr: Yes indeed. It looks like Richard's early arrival in the Holy Land may have accelerated history a bit. I hope not to disappoint. :)

General_BT: Thank you good sir! It's no Rome AARisen, but I'm glad to have your support nonetheless! It's a privilege as always.

SplendidTuesday: Hello there! It's been a little while. I'm glad you dropped by! And thanks for your compliments.

Alex Borhild: Good point. We can hope. Richard does have a bad habit of behaving in a very unpredictable manner...

Dadarian: Thanks for reading, and welcome!

I just spent the last (what?) 3 hours or more reading your previous Golden Cross Chronicles ... Why'd you stop ;-;?

It's SO goooood

Dadarian: Well thanks, that's very flattering. I think there were a number of factors that contributed to the slow death of Chronicles I, rather than there being any one main cause.

I was discouraged for a while by some very negative statements that were made about the story publicly, I was stymied with a bad case of writer's block on a particularly difficult update, I got distracted by some real life events, like applying for graduate schools, and finally I lost all my files in a fatal computer crash. Gosh, when I put it that way, it makes it sound like it's a wonder Chronicles I took off at all. ;)

But don't worry, I'm not anticipating any such problems with Chronicles II. :D

I was discouraged for a while by some very negative statements that were made about the story publicly, I was stymied with a bad case of writer's block on a particularly difficult update, I got distracted by some real life events, like applying for graduate schools, and finally I lost all my files in a fatal computer crash. Gosh, when I put it that way, it makes it sound like it's a wonder Chronicles I took off at all. ;)

You cannot please everyone, so you shouldn't worry. I still remember some vicious criticism that one of my AARs received and how my good old bro Canonized stepped forward to defend me. Even Pippy got trashed by some bad (and out of place) comments once -WTF indeed-. So, don't worry.

Then, about real life and writer's block... what can I say? Life is a bitch, they say. Once you've learned the lesson, go forward, my friend.

Kurt_Steiner: Yes, indeed. I seem to recall the incidents you mention as well. Anyway, it's all so much water under the bridge now. Life goes on, Crusader Kings II comes out, and it's time to start afresh. :)

ragbe: Thanks! I hope you like it.

Great to see this resurrected!
However, here are a couple of questions about Sibylla:
1. Are there other sources for images of her? Sorry, but they used way too much eye-liner in Kingdom of Heaven :p
2. How formidable is she going to be? Will she make mistakes? How will her relationship to her husband be, now that she isn't married to an utter halfwit?
Also, there's a Crusader Kings 2?

Eams: Welcome back! In response to your questions:

1. Nope, I'm afraid Eva Green is where it's at. :p
2. Dunno yet, I haven't finished playing the game. ;) Read and find out.
3. Yep, it came out Valentine's Day.

I hope you have some piety or gold handy...because I suspect life is about to get "interesting".

Eams: Welcome back! In response to your questions:

1. Nope, I'm afraid Eva Green is where it's at. :p
2. Dunno yet, I haven't finished playing the game. ;) Read and find out.
3. Yep, it came out Valentine's Day.

Thanks! :)
1. From her actions thus far, maybe you should use portrayals and images of Lady MacBeth instead? And for the love of all that's holy, spare me any and all images of Orland Bloom trying to act ;)
2. How long is this going to last anyway? Till Sibylla dies (in which case she'd better not get pneumonia), till the game ends or till the story winds down?

naggy: Yes on all counts.

Eams: 1. That's the nature of things in CK2. Stabbity stabbity stab. Read BT's excellent "Stop Stabbing Me" for more details. And no promises re: Bloom. Gotta love the idea of a 20-something wood elf playing a 50-year-old man.

2. Whoa, rushing ahead to the end when it's only barely begun! No idea what's going to happen. But I do plan on playing Sibylla and Richard's heirs as far as I can take them in the game.