+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chronicles of the Golden Cross Redux

Europa Universalis 3

Subscribed!

Splendid work so far. A pity about the matrilineal marriage not working out. Excited to hear that is an option in CKII.
    "My good man, this is not the time for making enemies." - Voltaire, on his deathbed, when asked to renounce Satan.

"We give you no fixed place to live, no form that is peculiar to you, nor any function that is yours alone. According to your desires and judgement, you will have and possess whatever place to live, whatever form, and whatever functions you yourself choose." - God to Adam, Oration on the Dignity of Man by Pico della Mirandola.

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

do like the mindset of 'do it first, apologise later' .. but it seems as if more dramatic events are up next?

First Lieutenant
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Any (hopefully not inbred) children on the way?

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment
    Ahh the epic drama , the mood music , the Levant ! It's all back XD . I'm looking forward to this latest remastering . Always a pleasure reading your work .
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    The New Short AAR about Seduction , Manipulation , Intrigue , Mystery , and Revolution .
    -~= =~-
    T I M E L I N E S : What if Spain Failed to Control the World?
    Seventeen AARLand Choice Awards: Favourite Overall New WritAAR Q1 2007.
    Favourite Overall EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008
    Favourite Narrative EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008

Three Times WritAAR of the Week: 4 March 2007 13 May 2007 & 28 March 2008;
    Twice AAR Showcase: 9 Dec 2007, 14 Jun 2009; Twice Best Character Writer: 9 Dec 2007, 13 Sep 2008

Editor in Chief of The AARlander

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Knives out already, Richard already proving a most capable husband and now Salah ad-Din on the march, all within the first few years. Things are only going to get more interesting.
    This AAR Soks
    WritAAR of the Week: 8 January 2012 and Weekly AAR Showcase: 15 April 2012

Are you Deshtined to suffer another kiss?
    Favourite EU Comedy AAR AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 (Q3) and 2011 (Q3)
    Character Writer of the Week: 5 December 2010

My Inkwell - Warning! This content is rated EP: Extremely Poor
    Fan of the Week: 7 September 2010, 27 February 2011 and 26 April 2012

Blasted Conniving Roman General_BT's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Glad to see this lovely thing is back again... and with Richard the Lionheart to boot!
    Awards
    My AARs:
    The Good One - Rome AARisen, a Byzantine AAR (Third map epilogue, 5-02-2012!)
    Table of Contents
    The Funny One (In Theory): Vikan Vojislavljevic is a Fool (Dead)
    The HOI2 One (Dead): Two Alexanders: Greece in the Age of Conflict (HOI2-Doomsday)
    The Teenage Girl One: Dear Diary, by Helene Palialogos (NEW UPDATE 06-10-10!)

Awesome, its even better than the first version was (and that's saying something; I STILL remember the scene with the ultra-old Doge of Venice after all these years). Great work, Alexander!

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultVictoria: Revolutions500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

At least Richard doesn't have to travel far to go on Crusade now - less chance of him being held for ransom in Germany if he's married to the possible Queen of Jerusalem.
    My Ink Well

Current projects:

CK2:

Lords of the Northern Fjords: the House of Lade (The Old Gods) (new!)

CK:

Liber Iudicum: A story of SAARdinia (last updated April 22, 2013)

Subbed and Subbed, let us watch the holy kingdom without the holy incompetence of Guy

Arseny Grigoryevich Zverev - People's Kommissar of Defense and 2nd Member of the SGO, in Avindian's Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo (Interactive TFH 4.02)
    Deputy Agostino di Gaggiano Franzzini Formerly: Prime Minister Ovidiu, Drăculeşti, Victor of the West, Popa, Drunken Master of Hyperbole. President Codrinaru, the President that was Needed but not Wanted. "Federation of Equals"
    Count Samuel Wilhelm Marcu Vanderhoof of Ghent, 2nd Marquess of Vanderhoof, COO of Northern Flemish Grains. Formerly, Late Lord Minister, Sir Andrei P. Vanderhoof, KL, 1st Marquess of Vanderhoof and Count of Ghent & His August Presence, the Late Lord Minister Wilhelm Vanderhoof Delegate for, Deputy of and Honourary Lord Protector of Ghent, Minister without Portfolio
    Otto III von Altmark, Duke of Saxony and Lord of the Old March
    Stadtholder Friedrich-Augustus von Altmark, Graf von Altmark in Avindian's "Sonderweg oder Anderweg?"
    Gens Dadarii in Plank of Wood's SPQR - The Republic of Rome
    Skalf, Godling and Maniac

[19:42:59] <Keperry> You think wrong.

Honourable Saxon Thegn AlexanderPrimus's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Rome

RESPONSES

frigidmagi: He is indeed. But then he always did have a natural aptitude for this sort of thing.

Kurt_Steiner: Hello again, old friend! Glad you dropped by. You raise a good point -- let's hope Richard doesn't do anything too unpredictable.

Bagricula: Thanks very much. Yes, matrilineal marriages are in, though IMHO they still a need a little bit of tweaking.

loki100: You've got that right. The combination of this group of characters makes for some explosive happenings.

The_Archduke: Not quite yet. For some reason Richard has the "chaste" trait (despite fathering a bastard in real life) which slightly lowers fertility. Good thing Sibylla has a trait of her own that countermands Richard's!

canonized: Well look who it is! Long time no see. It's a pleasure to have your patronage, as always.

morningSIDEr: Yes indeed. It looks like Richard's early arrival in the Holy Land may have accelerated history a bit. I hope not to disappoint.

General_BT: Thank you good sir! It's no Rome AARisen, but I'm glad to have your support nonetheless! It's a privilege as always.

SplendidTuesday: Hello there! It's been a little while. I'm glad you dropped by! And thanks for your compliments.

Alex Borhild: Good point. We can hope. Richard does have a bad habit of behaving in a very unpredictable manner...

Dadarian: Thanks for reading, and welcome!

I just spent the last (what?) 3 hours or more reading your previous Golden Cross Chronicles ... Why'd you stop ;-;?

It's SO goooood

Arseny Grigoryevich Zverev - People's Kommissar of Defense and 2nd Member of the SGO, in Avindian's Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo (Interactive TFH 4.02)
    Deputy Agostino di Gaggiano Franzzini Formerly: Prime Minister Ovidiu, Drăculeşti, Victor of the West, Popa, Drunken Master of Hyperbole. President Codrinaru, the President that was Needed but not Wanted. "Federation of Equals"
    Count Samuel Wilhelm Marcu Vanderhoof of Ghent, 2nd Marquess of Vanderhoof, COO of Northern Flemish Grains. Formerly, Late Lord Minister, Sir Andrei P. Vanderhoof, KL, 1st Marquess of Vanderhoof and Count of Ghent & His August Presence, the Late Lord Minister Wilhelm Vanderhoof Delegate for, Deputy of and Honourary Lord Protector of Ghent, Minister without Portfolio
    Otto III von Altmark, Duke of Saxony and Lord of the Old March
    Stadtholder Friedrich-Augustus von Altmark, Graf von Altmark in Avindian's "Sonderweg oder Anderweg?"
    Gens Dadarii in Plank of Wood's SPQR - The Republic of Rome
    Skalf, Godling and Maniac

[19:42:59] <Keperry> You think wrong.

Dadarian: Well thanks, that's very flattering. I think there were a number of factors that contributed to the slow death of Chronicles I, rather than there being any one main cause.

I was discouraged for a while by some very negative statements that were made about the story publicly, I was stymied with a bad case of writer's block on a particularly difficult update, I got distracted by some real life events, like applying for graduate schools, and finally I lost all my files in a fatal computer crash. Gosh, when I put it that way, it makes it sound like it's a wonder Chronicles I took off at all.

But don't worry, I'm not anticipating any such problems with Chronicles II.

Pantomacatalasecesionanis ta

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderPrimus View Post
    I was discouraged for a while by some very negative statements that were made about the story publicly, I was stymied with a bad case of writer's block on a particularly difficult update, I got distracted by some real life events, like applying for graduate schools, and finally I lost all my files in a fatal computer crash. Gosh, when I put it that way, it makes it sound like it's a wonder Chronicles I took off at all.
    You cannot please everyone, so you shouldn't worry. I still remember some vicious criticism that one of my AARs received and how my good old bro Canonized stepped forward to defend me. Even Pippy got trashed by some bad (and out of place) comments once -WTF indeed-. So, don't worry.

Then, about real life and writer's block... what can I say? Life is a bitch, they say. Once you've learned the lesson, go forward, my friend.
    Fan número uno de Ailee para el resto de la eternidad y un poco más.
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.
    Palo Dixit redux: Escatológico bipolar

AARs en curso o acabados -Ongoing and finished HoI2 AARs-
    WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Confesiones clandestinas: La sombra de un secreto (6) [Actualizado 28/07/2014]

The first Tale of the Golden Cross was one the reasons I bought Crusader Kings.

So I will be following this with great anticipation.

Kurt_Steiner: Yes, indeed. I seem to recall the incidents you mention as well. Anyway, it's all so much water under the bridge now. Life goes on, Crusader Kings II comes out, and it's time to start afresh.

ragbe: Thanks! I hope you like it.

Detective Lt., Police Squad Eams's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Great to see this resurrected!
    However, here are a couple of questions about Sibylla:
    1. Are there other sources for images of her? Sorry, but they used way too much eye-liner in Kingdom of Heaven
    2. How formidable is she going to be? Will she make mistakes? How will her relationship to her husband be, now that she isn't married to an utter halfwit?
    Also, there's a Crusader Kings 2?
    "Taking over the world with the USSR isn't a mission... it's just a passtime." -blue emu

o=||==Official=Poet=Lauerate=of=Suenik==||=o

Proud recipient of one phargle-O==|======-

Eams: Welcome back! In response to your questions:

1. Nope, I'm afraid Eva Green is where it's at.
    2. Dunno yet, I haven't finished playing the game. Read and find out.
    3. Yep, it came out Valentine's Day.

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    I hope you have some piety or gold handy...because I suspect life is about to get "interesting".

Detective Lt., Police Squad Eams's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderPrimus View Post
    Eams: Welcome back! In response to your questions:

1. Nope, I'm afraid Eva Green is where it's at.
    2. Dunno yet, I haven't finished playing the game. Read and find out.
    3. Yep, it came out Valentine's Day.
    Thanks!
    1. From her actions thus far, maybe you should use portrayals and images of Lady MacBeth instead? And for the love of all that's holy, spare me any and all images of Orland Bloom trying to act
    2. How long is this going to last anyway? Till Sibylla dies (in which case she'd better not get pneumonia), till the game ends or till the story winds down?
    "Taking over the world with the USSR isn't a mission... it's just a passtime." -blue emu

o=||==Official=Poet=Lauerate=of=Suenik==||=o

Proud recipient of one phargle-O==|======-

naggy: Yes on all counts.

Eams: 1. That's the nature of things in CK2. Stabbity stabbity stab. Read BT's excellent "Stop Stabbing Me" for more details. And no promises re: Bloom. Gotta love the idea of a 20-something wood elf playing a 50-year-old man.

2. Whoa, rushing ahead to the end when it's only barely begun! No idea what's going to happen. But I do plan on playing Sibylla and Richard's heirs as far as I can take them in the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast