• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Vindahl

Colonel
27 Badges
Feb 14, 2012
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Knights of Honor
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Hi
I was wondering if anybody was playing another startingyear besides 1066?
I have just noticed that many seems to start there, even my self, at Stamford bridge...
So, im interessed in knowing if some people start later, and why? Just curious... :happy:

Hi
I have just noticed that many seems to start there, even my self, at Stamford bridge...
So, im interessed in knowing if some people start later, and why? Just curious... :happy:

has anybody finished a full grand campaign all the way to 1453 yet? :wub:
a lot wouldn't want to play a shorter late game start unless you've fully experienced the "grand campaign" anyway

while i have not finished a game yet i am at 1109 or 1110 right now as the count of Northampton i like to play starting 1066 as it gives me more time to play the later dates make it shorter and we dont want that now do we :D

I cant see myself ever playing the Stamford Bridge scenario unless I am playing as one of the parties fighting over England. Other than that, I want a Norman England and the easiest way to ensure that is achieved is to start on the Dec 1066 start.

I'm realy happy that it's possible to chose any start date you like. That's way i set my clock on 15 July 1099 when Kingdom of Jerusalem apears on the map. It's only 33 years after first possible starting date, so you still have a lot of time to play.

Hi

I start in 1081 when I want to play Byzantium because Alexios Komnenos, and f*** these Doukas people.

I'm realy happy that it's possible to chose any start date you like. That's way i set my clock on 15 July 1099 when Kingdom of Jerusalem apears on the map. It's only 33 years after first possible starting date, so you still have a lot of time to play.

Is it just me or should the muslim-owned counties south of Tortosa start owned by Raymond of Toulouse at that start?

If you're tired of seeing a monster Byzantium in every game, try starting after 1071, or somewhere between 1077-87 if you're feeling cruel. Those are probably more interesting starting points for playing in Byzantium itself, as well.

I start December 10th 1081, the day Alexius Komnenos assumes the throne. Not only does it give me control of one of the greatest emperors in Byzantine history, but it is after Manzikert (1071), and thus all of Asia Minor (other than Abydos) is lost to the Sultanate of Rum.

One good date I liked to muck around in is when all the Crusading Kingdoms are established. It's hard and challenging to play as the Duchy of Acre, especially if you try to keep your independence without kow-towing to the Kingdom of Jerusalem.

It always depends on what game as which dynasty you want to have. Having free starting year is an enormous advantage we didn't have before. So why not usng it to its full potential? :)