+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Parmesan Cheese - The Rise (or fall) of the di Parma dynasty

That Silvester was clearly not suited to ruling. Adolf was just as daft revolting against the Emperor. Why did he think a paragon of virtue like Oberto III would dream of revolting? Looking forward to the reign of Fred.
    Last edited by Chief Ragusa; 11-03-2012 at 12:42.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

I think Duke Adolf is a tad insane. Must be something about that name...
    Abandon the search for Truth; settle for a good fantasy.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

25 - Ambitions, Assassinations, and Apulia - truly a triple A chapter!

Quote Originally Posted by naggy View Post
    I get to deal with the usual issues...family trying to kill each other...hey wait, that's Oberto's eldest son! I let him out to get a quick relations bonus while I decide what to do long term.
    Good to see Oberto is displaying the same gift for parenting as his predecessors, releasing men intent upon assassinating his son and heir, no harm in such stuff. Furthermore if something was to happen to his son it may not be the worst of things, after all imagine naming your child Castore following the brilliant exploits of all named Oberto!
    This AAR Soks
    WritAAR of the Week: 8 January 2012 and Weekly AAR Showcase: 15 April 2012

Are you Deshtined to suffer another kiss?
    Favourite EU Comedy AAR AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 (Q3) and 2011 (Q3)
    Character Writer of the Week: 5 December 2010

My Inkwell - Warning! This content is rated EP: Extremely Poor
    Fan of the Week: 7 September 2010, 27 February 2011 and 26 April 2012

Argentina Delenda Est Tanzhang (譚張)'s Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Refusing to Play Between Dream and Reality...
    Holland revolting from the HRE, that's a first for me.
    Loyal we Began, Loyal we Remain: A History of the British Empire After the Great War
    A New Canadian Kaiserreich AAR for Darkest Hour [KR 1.5]
    Winner of: AARland Choice Awards Q1 2014

From Eagle to Phoenix: The Rebirth of the Roman Republic
    A New Roman Republic AAR for Europa Universalis IV
    Winner of: WritAAR of the Week: 08/09/2013, Weekly AAR Showcase: 13/10/2013, Best Character Writer of the Week 01/12/2013, AARland Choice Awards: Q3/4 2013

- I was Fan of the Week: 01/01/2012 and 26/05/2013 and WritAAR of the Year: 2013 ~ Proud recipient of two Kenshin Cookies ~
    - ~ More AARs avaliable at my Inkwell! (硯臺) ~ -

The Guardian of Divergences Athalcor's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IV

Wonderful AAR! Will be following . Also, how do you dare not to name your son Oberto?
    All Hail Britannia - a V2 AAR - awarded the Weekly AAR Showcase on 6/15/14, came 2nd in the 2014 Q2 ACAs.

Will mod for food.

My two other shamefully abandoned AARs...(there is also a third one hiding in the corners of the V2 AARland, not even worth linking)

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    First kid was born before I had control.

Europa Universalis 3Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

good AAR. will follow
    Vox populi - vox Dei

Quote Originally Posted by naggy View Post
    First kid was born before I had control.
    It seems this needs some... correction.

Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    King Arthur IINaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEuropa Universalis IV

Wonderful AAR! I recently got CKII, thanks for the tips!
    Keep it up.

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by loki100 View Post
    sort of feel that obi-3 is only slowly adapting to the expectations of the familial traditions. So nice that after you've whacked Silvester around he likes you all the more ... hadn't realised that CK2 had a masochism trait
    It's a hidden trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Ragusa View Post
    That Silvester was clearly not suited to ruling. Adolf was just as daft revolting against the Emperor. Why did he think a paragon of virtue like Oberto III would dream of revolting? Looking forward to the reign of Fred.
    I guess he wanted company in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Melrick View Post
    I think Duke Adolf is a tad insane. Must be something about that name...
    Hrm...possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by morningSIDEr View Post
    25 - Ambitions, Assassinations, and Apulia - truly a triple A chapter!
    Thank you!

Good to see Oberto is displaying the same gift for parenting as his predecessors, releasing men intent upon assassinating his son and heir, no harm in such stuff. Furthermore if something was to happen to his son it may not be the worst of things, after all imagine naming your child Castore following the brilliant exploits of all named Oberto!
    No blood, no foul.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzhang (譚張) View Post
    Holland revolting from the HRE, that's a first for me.
    Attempting to revolt, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Athalcor View Post
    Wonderful AAR! Will be following . Also, how do you dare not to name your son Oberto?
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Joe View Post
    good AAR. will follow
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Franconian View Post
    It seems this needs some... correction.
    Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhadok View Post
    Wonderful AAR! I recently got CKII, thanks for the tips!
    Keep it up.
    Will do!

Blog Entries

Chapter 26 - Holy Toledo

Oberto's new son Chiaffredo is beautiful, healthy, and weak. Reports that he wears all black are unsubstantiated, but the court has taken to calling him "the Emo" for some strange reason. They're just jealous because he's more awesome as an infant than half of them will ever be.

In November 1138, the Count of Ferrara revolts, allowing me a free shot to press my ducal claim on Brescia. Again, they surrender before I can take it.

Wha?

This is a good start to the reign:

One advantage to handing newly conquered lands to vassals is that they convert land for you. Menorca and Castellon convert during 1139. Meanwhile, I declare war against the Emir of Beja, who controls about 1/3rd of Iberia, and has attacked the duchy of Aragon.

The Emperor helps out by trying to raise my levies. Meanwhile, Oberto's wife gives him some advice, leaving him Content.

I declared war knowing that Aragon had the 2 holy orders in the same war...but this positioning of armies may be problematic...

I let Beja's armies do some sieging, then I hire some Mercs and attack.

Stimpy! You iiiiiiiidiiiiot! You're in the wrong AAR!

With their armies crushed, Beja surrenders to Aragon - lucky for me, Beja was the attacker. Unlucky for me, they re-raise their levies, forcing me to kill some more poor saps.

Here they come again...

Meanwhile, I haven't reconverted Pavia fast enough, resulting in some Papal whining.

Finally, in March 1143, the Emir of Beja surrenders. Carmillo di Parma is made the new Duke of Toledo after the bishoprics are passed out.

While I wasn't looking, the Duke of Anjou gobbled up the Duchy of Barcelona.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome

The Iberian peninsula is always a mess. Are you planning on carving out an empire in those lands? I guess I'll just have to wait and see!

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately, Mauritania and Beja control 3/4 of Iberia between them, and both are decently strong. Slows the process down.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Wait, the Duke of Holland bested the Emperor alone? What the?!

Well, at least Oberto had the foresight to honour his alliance with the Duke of Holland-oh wait.

Truly rather strange. Good that you are making strong progress in Iberia though, bad that the newly crowned Emperor seems to rather dislike you for some reason.
    This AAR Soks
    WritAAR of the Week: 8 January 2012 and Weekly AAR Showcase: 15 April 2012

Are you Deshtined to suffer another kiss?
    Favourite EU Comedy AAR AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 (Q3) and 2011 (Q3)
    Character Writer of the Week: 5 December 2010

My Inkwell - Warning! This content is rated EP: Extremely Poor
    Fan of the Week: 7 September 2010, 27 February 2011 and 26 April 2012

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

The Iberian peninsula is always a mess.
    So is France apparently. Are they in civil war or have Anjou, Aquitaine, et al gained independence? Also, Anjou getting involved in Iberia makes carving out your own empire there more difficult. I'm guessing Oberto's next move is pressing a ducal claim on Valencia.

Holland's usurpation of the Emperor reminds me: when does the Kingdom of Sicily plan on forging its own destiny outside of the HRE?

General Grumpalodian Aardvark Bellay's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight

Blog Entries
    Is the emperor now actually dutch or did he convert to german ?
    If he's dutch, then hopefully he hangs on to his pipe, wondering what all the erupting trouble is about ? Peace, maaaan.
    [Micromod] - Old Building Names (Pre-1.10-building-names for CK2)

CK2 Mods: User Mod Index (Don't forget to post about your mod compatibility)
    Deutsch CK2: German CK2 Sub-Forum (go there for the german translation 'repair' mod)

Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    King Arthur IINaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEuropa Universalis IV

There was a screenshot of the Emperor losing a war and was sent back to his Duchy: Holland.
    If I recall correctly it was the one where Adelheid became the Emperess for a very short time. Maybe he (the old Emperor) or his son pressed his claims?
    Now if only someone can find the screenshot in question...

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

I'm just hoping that Chiaffredo meets his doom soon ... then you can call him Ciao Freddo (appeals to me anyway)

pity the Pope is so impatient

Quote Originally Posted by morningSIDEr View Post
    Wait, the Duke of Holland bested the Emperor alone? What the?!
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that. That's one of the more amazing things I've heard regarding this game. How on earth could Holland have actually won? Amazing.

Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that. That's one of the more amazing things I've heard regarding this game. How on earth could Holland have actually won? Amazing.
    If you capture the opposing ruler in a battle, you can force them to accede to demands.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast