• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So we haz to finish this game before starting a proper game?

Fine, I'm in.

[video=youtube;f2gii2nenUg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2gii2nenUg[/video]

Last edited:
Thirdly why is Capt. Kiwi dressing up as an old school Reis91... when did this happen, you didnt have a swapzies party game.. not after the one many moons ago that left some Moderator with a huge headache and im sure some infliction points to dish out.

Canterbury. 22nd of February.

This is not a set in stone ruling but should be workable if the players cooperate. I can change the title over to mafia 1 and we can start a WW thread with the same number after getting another WW GM BBUUTT that WW game cannot start without this game ending. Terminology aside this is the same type of game with the same playerbase size goals. Timing should not be a huge issue as this game is unlikely to get 30-40 players unless a simply name change induces a load more to sign up. Pictures wont change any of this. :p

I will be back to this in a few hours if anyone else has any ideas/opinions/comments.

My thinking was that there are loads of people on these forums that "know" what WW is and avoid it. If we call this Mafia I people will think it's something new (just like every other game in this forum now) and maybe we can lure in some poor sucker clever guy.

My thinking was that there are loads of people on these forums that "know" what WW is and avoid it. If we call this Mafia I people will think it's something new (just like every other game in this forum now) and maybe we can lure in some poor sucker clever guy.

Besides, more people know Mafia than Werewolf in the larger population and are more okay with closed set-ups.

Besides, more people know Mafia than Werewolf in the larger population and are more okay with closed set-ups.

We need to stop calling it that. All set-ups are closed. What's being concealed here is the roles and traits.

I do hope the reactions haven't scared pevergreen of. I want to start this game.

In.

Ah, haven't been in a Mafia game for at least five years. Hopefully my skills of being a victim haven't diminished.

Well, yes, I guess I can be IN as well, assuming the game doesn't start until after the weekend. If it does, count me out.

In.

Ah, haven't been in a Mafia game for at least five years. Hopefully my skills of being a victim haven't diminished.

Hasn't been that long War, I remember you in some of the games in 2008. :)

Done that now, but yeah, 16 sign ups and no more coming, I don't see a reason to keep this open.

Majority of the players want to stick to what they know, thats ok.

You are not just going to run a smaller game?

I agree with JL, you really could just start run a smaller game.

Done that now, but yeah, 16 sign ups and no more coming, I don't see a reason to keep this open.

Majority of the players want to stick to what they know, thats ok.

Err... You sort of merged me with Falc.

You are not just going to run a smaller game?

I've got better things to do than GM a game where over half the players don't even want to play, and most of the rest, plus the community that isn't playing doesn't like the game. If you guys (as a group) can't handle it, why should I waste my time.

I agree with JL, you really could just start run a smaller game.

I lost interest in hosting smaller games years ago.

Your choice, quitting just makes it look like they were right though as opposed trying to prove them wrong.

@pevergreen: I can respect your view, but please do not give up about ever hosting your type of mafia game on this forum. The playerbase in werewolf is not constant, some times it's hard to get twenty players together and other times thirty join without trouble.

You tried something and unfortunately it didn't work out the way you thought it would. This is not your fault. On this forum (at least as far as werewolf is concermed) you are a relative unknown. The track record of unknown players succesfully hosting their first game here is not that good. Most failed because those GM's tried something new which broke the game. Since you and your rules are new a lot of people immediately associated you with those past instances. This is not fair, but it's something learned from experience. With that in mind I think you tried to do this a bit too soon. Give us a chance to get to know you better and then try this again. You are very enthousiastic and I am a bit disappointed with how the crowd here reacted, but at the same time I can understand them. We can only run one big werewolf game at a time and a lot of people want the game they know and love and not something different. This doesn't mean we always use the same rules and can't enjoy change, but our track record with big rule changes is not that good ;) We have had a lot of succesful experiments however the failures are often more spectacular and seem to linger longer.

I do hope you are not dismayed by the welcome you got. We are a rather straight talking bunch and can be a bit overwelming to new players. If someone doesn't like something he will tell you exactly what he thinks and in game allmost everything goes. This makes discussions and everything more lively, but can also be easily misunderstood. Anyway I am looking forward to see more of you in action.

The thing is, a small game is probably the best you can get when hiding your actual rules while new to this forum. So hosting a small game would be the best way to make sure you'll get a big game up and running next time.