• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
When imprisoning your pregnant wife, everyone will think you are magnanimous for letting the newborn out of the dungeon 9 months later.
That the baby is in prison is BRILLIANT! I love that engine handles that properly!

I always feel just a little uneasy when I send my children to be brought up by my fat, elderly bishop.

Only just a little?

Wow most of the posts in here, while purporting to be humorous and unlikely, aren't too far from reality- the interpersonal crap/murders/jealousies,odd relationships, etc. all ring as totally true if you just know which historical story to reference.

That your liege's champion is obviously your 19 year old heir with 27 Diplo and 4 Martial...the champion he chooses to lead his 35 knight charge against 20,000 muslims at Jaffa.

Never fight a land war in Asia.

Never fight a land war in Russia.

My naval superiority means naught. :( Well not yet anyway. There are static modifiers for naval combat, so maybe this rule will change soon. :)

Your entire family hates you and wants to kill you, even your 2 year old son/brother.

Serves your right for sleeping with your mother.

Every King is King Henry VIII.
While some new Kings worked hard at goals like securing a place in heaven, or becoming famous, nearly all the more established Kings passed their time killing spouses. Then remarrying, then killing the spouse again.

I've gotten the impression that they are more like Henry II Anjou where constant goading from his wife the richest woman in europe (ambitious -50) gave him 4 sons, 1 dead, 1 gay, 1 dead with an ambitious heir and 1 craven tyrant.

That the Seljuks were responsible for keeping unruly and rebellious Byzantine Dukes inline by declaring a holy war on any breakaway duchies and dutifully handing the culprit and his territory over to their Orthodox friends once they'd conquered the rebels strongholds.

Also, and I'm sure it's already been mentioned, that France completed the Reconquista (la Récupération?) of Iberia in the 12 century.

Last edited:
Ethnicity is not determined by your parents but by who educates you.

Not ethnicity - culture. Look at what happens with kids adopted at a very young age from Asia - they're pretty much American.

That when you managed to engineer inheriting everything the strongest and most annoying duchy in your kingdom the duchess that rules it will live to be 83 and hate you the whole time. Kept thinking why kill her she'll kick the bucket any day now.

Not ethnicity - culture. Look at what happens with kids adopted at a very young age from Asia - they're pretty much American.

I realize that, but the photo they use the characters end up looking like an ethnic person of that culture (i.e. Swedish born Caucasian child ends up having dark skin and black curly hair).

I realize that, but the photo they use the characters end up looking like an ethnic person of that culture (i.e. Swedish born Caucasian child ends up having dark skin and black curly hair).

True...

That the fine upstanding Christians of Iberia LOVE slashing the throats of their newborn nieces and nephews.

Never ever give land to your brothers.
And under no circumstances marry an intelligent woman with high intrigue.

Also after playing CK2 for a week I'm sure I should convince my sister to matrilinearly marry her fiance, to spread the dynasty ;-)

Last edited: