+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What Crusader Kings 2 taught me

Colonel

A drooling imbecile makes a surprisingly good diplomat.
    phargle gave me a pet snail. @_'' Isn't it cute?

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultImpire
    MagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

shiia caliphate byzantium and holy roman empire NEVER breaks up unless player interferes
    with me and my friend playing as king of hungary and duke of transylvania and wallachia we found us to be in the middle of 2 empires powerstruggle to convert all subjects to their religion and yet i see byzantium not collapsin, crusades not called agains "middle east" provinces and those that did get called no one participates and next pope calls it off due lack of commitment

intresting to sit and watch while byzantium going EU style "pait dat violet on map" mode but since i cant get allied with eigther one couse both emperors "desire better alliance" --- my hungary seems destined to fall

mby after whe get next 90years in game (1200) and dem horder appear to ravage all who stand before them byzantine will meet its match and/or shiia capliphate gets weakened enough to participate into SUCCESFULL crusade (travelling to spain in order to conquest land is getting way too hard and if we succes conquesting land there, i mean driving muslims away, we need to hire mercs to do civil duty and guarding provinces against rebel forces)
    "Death, solution to all mans problems. No man. No problem" -Joseph V Stalin

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

If you're lusty, you can sleep with your younger step-mother and father a bastard whom you can acknowledge as a member of you house since he's like, you know, 3/4 your House, which is 1/4 more than your other sons...

Giving my son and heir land will result in him marrying his cousin.

Basque people breed like rabbits
    I lay awake, and strap myself to the bed.
    Put a bulletproof vest on, and shoot myself in the head.

What about interrealm alliances?

Check out the Lotharingia and Lowland mod for CK2!

Imprisoning your brother for nearly 50 years leads him to actually have a very positive opinion of you.

There are FOUR LIGHTS! AllThat4Nothing's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Naval War: Arctic CircleMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Slow, inbred homosexuals are perfectly acceptable as your representative to the Pope.
    I once lost a pair of shoes.

its possible to have a muslim pope......and still have crusades....

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by SirNiven View Post
    Tax payers don't mind you taking their money for a wedding even if the person being married is the son that will never accumulate to anything.
    Not even the second time he marries do we mind
    My Denmark AAR in V2: Lives of the Danes

A sequel to:
    Gesta Danorum- Deeds of the Danes
    Awarded a King_Richard_XI Irish Shamrock Cookie 04-10-2009!
    WritAAR of the Week 25/7 2011

The Kingdom of Wales is extremely expansive and powerful.

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    When imprisoning your pregnant wife, everyone will think you are magnanimous for letting the newborn out of the dungeon 9 months later.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    EU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThronePenumbra - Black Plague
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

That the HRE's son can marry a Greek princess, convert to Orthodoxy and then still win the HRE elections...begining the process of conversion.

Also, given that after 80 years in game i have about 140ish living members of my dynasty encompassing just about all the world's most talented people....Eugenics work.
    "One and Indivisible" My Russian KR AAR. Current Chapter 110: Lies and Brotherhood

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...erreich-AAR%29

WritAAR of the week, 06/03/13
    Character WritAAR of the week

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020Mount & Blade: Warband
    War of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Warlock 2: The Exiled

There's a rip in space-time in the Galilee that links to Ulster allowing the instant teleportation of a leader and most of his troops without many losses to return to Ireland at will.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." - Sherlock Holmes

Member of the OTFTRC - Off Topic Friends of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus

Never trust your children from the moment they are born

It's perfectly fine to sleep with your sons wife if you're king

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpire
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

-william the conqueror can't conquer anything

-if the AI needs vassals help in a war, it actually thinks implementing high crown authority will win them over.

-If you have a bastard child that is legitimized, your son, your son's wife, your son's son, and your wife will all try to kill him. On the other end, your bastard childs mother will try to have her husband killed ( you arranged it to get rid of her), your wife, and your son (not the bastard) killed. Just so she can be with you and her son can be future heir. All of this from one night of sexins.

-Being independent is not always the best option.

-Giving random nobodys land and title cause them to work very hard for you (event wise)

-one last one related to the one up top. If you want to kill a vassal because you will inherit land and title, a good way to get a plot moving quickly is to marry your lover to him. He won't know, and she will want to kill him very very badly.

These are just some that I have learned while playing, never played any CK before so if these seem obvious I'm sorry

Religious mentor can give a child homosexual trait.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

That in the early 12th century, Norway conquered almost all of what today is known as Finland.
    "Never underestimate a ruler who can afford to hire all mercenary companies at once."

- Norse medieval proverb

"While you can play as civilizations such as the Aztec Empire, the game is clearly designed to focus on the European powers (which is probably why they didn’t call it Every Country is Equally Viable Universalis)."

- PC Gamer review

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty II Collection
    Penumbra - Black PlagueSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

That sometimes you have to ask your 2 year old son for the hand of your niece.

Check if cousin, if not THEN make mistress.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

The mongols killed everything and anything they wanted....In Finland
    CK2 Mod:
    The Third Estate - A mod intended to add some middle class favor. (v0.3b)

My AAR:
    British Black I.C.E - An Imperial AAR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast