• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's a proven fact in history that 80 year old men and women who have been married since they were 16 will quickly turn to homosexuality after fathering and birthing 14 kids.

That a firstborn son who embodies all seven virtues will still plan his father's assassination.

He is humble before the Pope who wants him to install papal investiture once daddy's gone; chaste to his wife; kind to the beggar outside the gate; charitable in involving his brothers in the plot; patient in waiting for just the right moment; diligent in going over the plan five times; and generous to his personal assassins. One man's vices are another man's virtues, my friend. :p

You can't make your primary heir a Bishop (and therefore remove him from successon), but someone else can.

attachment.php

My heir decided to work as an officer of one of my Dukes, who later appointed him as a bishop. Totally hosed me!

Attachments

• MakeHeirABishop.jpg
    MakeHeirABishop.jpg
    124,2 KB · Views: 1.351
Contrary to what I learned in school, every tin pot, piss poor, Irish chieftain (sorry, Earl) was actually perfectly positioned to conquer the British Isles and, from there, dominate all of Europe. In reality, we must have just not WANTED it enough.

That sociopathic behavior (plotting to kill your wife, your enemy's offspring, and everyone else for that matter) the best way to get ahead in the middle ages.

On that note, Niccolò Machiavelli's The Prince serves as an excellent instruction manual for the game.

The Holy Roman Emperor around 1302-1324 was a mongol until he was burned on the stake by cathar heretics.

Annual seasonal climatic fluctuations are a recent result of global warming, which must have started sometime just before Napoleon's Winter march; during the middle ages it was consistently balmy and temperate throughout Europe and the Near East, and sieging armies could campaign all year round without impediment (even in northern Norway!).