• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1. Putting Your child to a Sunni to be mentored as a spymaster is not the brightest idea.
2. Declaring independence makes the whole world hate You instantly.
3. Breaking up a siege and fleeing takes 5 minutes.

Sea travel was perfectly safe in the Mediterranean, Baltic and North Seas.
On the other hand, it was impossible to even put boats in the Red Sea/Arabian Sea.

Never fight a land war in Asia.

Never fight a land war in Russia.

trying to claim as yours old military axioms that have been around for decades?

bad form

trying to claim as yours old military axioms that have been around for decades?

bad form

I never claimed that they were original. But they have been confirmed. Playing as the Prince of Kiev, what to do next? Ah, I'll carve the Principality of Moldau from the pagans. Then I get a defend the faith war with the Cumans. Rurikovich lands from Kiev to the Baltic are desolated within six months as 20k horse archers march across my ancestral lands. Interestingly, only a small contingent arrives to fight my levies in Moldau. Needed provincial modifiers (which exist but are not implemented): winter and looted.

When your duke gets old he wants to tumble with... his daughter.

I just had to say no to that.

Or Granddaughter. Or Great-granddaughter.

Be glad you had the option to say no.

All pagan tribes around the Baltic sea are filled with the greatest warriors ever known to exist on this planet.

Your first born will always be a moronic vegetable. All other heirs will have great stats until they inherit...then die/become stupid. If they happen to have kids, they'll be awesome until they inherit....then suffer the same fate. Anyone from outside your dynasty will be five star double digit ensteins that will, of course, want to kill you.

Mountain passes are a PITA

Never give your son a maroyal title if they're going to inherit. Bad things happen.

Whatever the amount of troops your county can provide for you in times of war, they can deliver ten times that amount in time of revolt.

When it comes to breeding, there's two options; you'll do anyone, or you'll have morals....and be celibate. There's no middle ground.

Let's remember what game this is.

I think there are limits to what we can consider acceptable or not in the name of entertainment. I understand where to draw a line is a matter of debate and no group of people will ever agree. But I'll keep an eye on that event myself and if I get it, make no mistake, I'll fill a bug report.

I won't be discussing this any further.

Let's remember what game this is.

Exactly. Don't try to keep things out simply because it breaks your own moral code somewhat. Let it go - just as how you slaughter your entire family for the throne and don't even blink about it.

The Turks are the true successor of the Roman Empire. After Rum beat up the ERE with some help, they went on to conquer the rest of the Balkans, united with Egypt (who incidentally owned Africa all the way to Morocco and the Holy Land), and ended up on the doors of Rome - best expansion into Roman lands I've seen. Then the Mongols came.

Helping the AI accomplish something is often just as fun as doing them yourself, I find.