+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: What Crusader Kings 2 taught me

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIRome Gold
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

That actully the Byzantine Empire was not Orthodox but it was Bogomilist...always

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

It's a proven fact in history that 80 year old men and women who have been married since they were 16 will quickly turn to homosexuality after fathering and birthing 14 kids.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so what.” - Stephen Fry.

HoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Surround yourself with geniuses, but in the name of all that is holy - don't marry one.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Semper FiVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Manzikert was easily preventable; on the way to Armenia, all Romanos needed to do was gather a few hundred more untrained city youths for his army.

That a firstborn son who embodies all seven virtues will still plan his father's assassination.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas2000 View Post
    That a firstborn son who embodies all seven virtues will still plan his father's assassination.
    Yeah.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldMount & Blade: Warband500k club

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas2000 View Post
    He is humble before the Pope who wants him to install papal investiture once daddy's gone; chaste to his wife; kind to the beggar outside the gate; charitable in involving his brothers in the plot; patient in waiting for just the right moment; diligent in going over the plan five times; and generous to his personal assassins. One man's vices are another man's virtues, my friend. :P

That my mother is going to spend the last 20 years of her life trying to kill all my children, whilst being my strongest supporter

HoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club

You can't make your primary heir a Bishop (and therefore remove him from successon), but someone else can.

My heir decided to work as an officer of one of my Dukes, who later appointed him as a bishop. Totally hosed me!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MakeHeirABishop.jpg‎
Views:	1302
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	51039  

Crusader Kings IICK2: Holy Knight500k club

That sometimes, assassinating your grandchildren is the only option you have.

Contrary to what I learned in school, every tin pot, piss poor, Irish chieftain (sorry, Earl) was actually perfectly positioned to conquer the British Isles and, from there, dominate all of Europe. In reality, we must have just not WANTED it enough.

The best way to rule a large kingdom is to keep a majority of your vassals in prison

Your wife will still help you manage your demesne from prison.

Assassinating a pregnant woman WILL make you feel bad... until you inherit her former husband's duchy next generation.

That sociopathic behavior (plotting to kill your wife, your enemy's offspring, and everyone else for that matter) the best way to get ahead in the middle ages.

On that note, Niccolò Machiavelli's The Prince serves as an excellent instruction manual for the game.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

The Holy Roman Emperor around 1302-1324 was a mongol until he was burned on the stake by cathar heretics.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so what.” - Stephen Fry.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Annual seasonal climatic fluctuations are a recent result of global warming, which must have started sometime just before Napoleon's Winter march; during the middle ages it was consistently balmy and temperate throughout Europe and the Near East, and sieging armies could campaign all year round without impediment (even in northern Norway!).
    Rising from Count to Duke, how I did it:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post14693394

"The greatest joy a man can know is to conquer his enemies and drive them before him. To ride their horses and take away their possessions. To see the faces of those who were dear to them bedewed with tears, and to clasp their wives and daughters in his arms." Genghis Khan

Always keep some money in store in case you get excommunicated. Powerful king with lots of people hating him + excommunication = trouble...big trouble

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Even if you have 30 martial skill, you still walking out of tournament with -100 prestige
    Last edited by oPatJRo; 11-04-2012 at 10:38. Reason: previus post is a bit inappropiate

It's perfectly normal for a 80 year old king with no martial skill to win first, second and third place in a tournament.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast