• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

sylverCode

Captain
68 Badges
Feb 8, 2008
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
The Last of the Cometopuli (Kometopoulus)​

500pxcoatofarmsofthesec.png

Introduction:

Year 1066, 48 years after the fall of the Bulgarian Empire. It is now divided between 5 (7) duchies, each ruled by Greek, Pecheneg and Russian rulers.

95566456.jpg

Only 2 (3) Bulgarian descendants of the great house of Kometopoulus remain: Radomir Aronov - count of Dorostotum and Alusian Ivanov - Duke of Armenia and the last prince of Bulgaria.

12197410.jpg

In this AAR, I'm going to play as Radomir, in attempt to form Kingdom of Bulgaria or usurp the title if some Greek ruler manages to form it before me. In the meantime, I will also try to become the duke of Wallachia. Lastly, after forming Bulgaria, I will attempt to eventually rule the Greeks as well. To recapitulate:

Goals
  • Form the Kingdom of Bulgaria.
  • Become Tsar of Bulgars, Vlachs and Greeks.
    [*](Optional) Form Bulgaria before 1185 (Year of the second Bulgarian empire historical formation). This, I feel, will not be possible as Byzantium rules under high crown authority, meaning it's not allowed to fight other counties/duchies under Byzantine rule. Also, Greek rulers tend to be reluctant when marrying Bulgarians, so we'll have to become a duke before anyone takes us seriously.

House Rules
  • No reloading, unless I misslick of course.

Table of Contents
  • None.

Last edited:
I will be following this AAR. I was trying to do the same thing on BulgAARians Rise Again! a CK AAR. Good Luck to you sir.

Following!

Chapter 1: The Situation

Chapter 1: The Situation (1066)

This is Radomir - count of Dorostotum, rightful ruler of the Turnovo duchy, rightful ruler of all the lands his people reside in and more.

79242131.jpg

The kigdom is now divided between foreign rulers. To reunite it, we need 9 provinces out of 18 under our control. We can get all the land we need from the Byzantines. If we get lucky, we might even snatch a few provinces from the Pechenegs, making the process faster and easier.

85717898.jpg

A few of our neighbours are in unfavorable position. If they don't marry soon and make children, their domains will come to their liege's possession, making them (liege) stronger. There's good news though, the province of Constantia is ruled by Radomir's Greek half-brother, and if something unfortunate is to happen to him or his heirs, Radomir would inherit it. This is where our strategic marriages and assassinations come in.

52176538.jpg

In preparation, we spend all our hard earned treasury luring ladies to our court. Our needs are very specific so the greater the selection, the better.

26178886.jpg

To our brother, we offer the most infertile spouse we can find. The less children he has, the less money we spend on assassins. Best if he has none.

94209649.jpg

To our two province neighbour, the one with normal fertility. We don't want him to die without an heir and we don't want him to have lots of potential heirs either.

23851369.jpg

To the rest of our neighbours we offer our most fertile selection. Making lots of babies will ensure that those provinces do not fall under more powerful rulers' greedy hands. We'll come back to them later.

As for Radomir, princess of Navarre will become his wife. She has decent stats in stewardship, intrigue and diplomacy, plus we get the juicy prestige.

91512518.jpg

One more thing worthy of mention, our liege is the heir of the duchy of Nikaea. Assassinating him will make sure he never inherits it (doh!), which will make our independence war less difficult. This will be our primary objective once we secure Constantia and the two province neighbour.

58858217.jpg

I just hope we are not too late when it comes to that.

This looks very promising, lots of skulduggery already, even extending to who marries who! I daresay attempting to keep Byzantium's meddlesome influence out of Bulgaria will prove quite difficult. I'll keep an eye on this.

I demand an update!!! :D