+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Last of the Cometopuli (Kometopoulus) - A Bulgaria Formation AAR

The Last of the Cometopuli (Kometopoulus) - A Bulgaria Formation AAR

The Last of the Cometopuli (Kometopoulus)

Introduction:

Year 1066, 48 years after the fall of the Bulgarian Empire. It is now divided between 5 (7) duchies, each ruled by Greek, Pecheneg and Russian rulers.

Only 2 (3) Bulgarian descendants of the great house of Kometopoulus remain: Radomir Aronov - count of Dorostotum and Alusian Ivanov - Duke of Armenia and the last prince of Bulgaria.

In this AAR, I'm going to play as Radomir, in attempt to form Kingdom of Bulgaria or usurp the title if some Greek ruler manages to form it before me. In the meantime, I will also try to become the duke of Wallachia. Lastly, after forming Bulgaria, I will attempt to eventually rule the Greeks as well. To recapitulate:

Goals
    • Form the Kingdom of Bulgaria.
    • Become Tsar of Bulgars, Vlachs and Greeks.
    • (Optional) Form Bulgaria before 1185 (Year of the second Bulgarian empire historical formation). This, I feel, will not be possible as Byzantium rules under high crown authority, meaning it's not allowed to fight other counties/duchies under Byzantine rule. Also, Greek rulers tend to be reluctant when marrying Bulgarians, so we'll have to become a duke before anyone takes us seriously.

House Rules
    • No reloading, unless I misslick of course.

Table of Contents
    • None.
    Last edited by sylverCode; 18-02-2012 at 00:29.

Posting to watch. :3

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Blog Entries
    Good luck!
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

Colonel
    Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

I will be following this AAR. I was trying to do the same thing on BulgAARians Rise Again! a CK AAR. Good Luck to you sir.
    List of AARs:
    Hungary's Rise to Power - EU3 AAR (COMPLETED)
    The White Book - CKII AAR in AGOT mod (COMPLETED)
    From Lords to Kings - CKII AAR in AGOT mod (COMPLETED) Best Character Writer 23/2/13
    The Tales of Tyrol - CKII AAR (ON HOLD) Best Character Writer 13/10/13
    WAAR of Conquest - CKII AAR in AGOT mod (IN PROGRESS)
    Interactive AARs

I was Minister of Education Maximilian Unger, Stadtholder of Mantua of the UAI, in Sonderweg oder Anderweg An interactive AAR in the Hohenzollerns megacampaign. Currently playing as his nephew, Hugo Unger.

Imperial Guard Conscript Delta107's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Hearts of Iron: The Card Game500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Following!
    Bridling the Horses of Saint Mark.
    "Full scan. The Emperor protects. But it does no harm to double check."
    Captain Severus of the Ultramarines

Do you want to be blessed by the True Pantheon? Do you want to be favoured by the Four like a true son? Sign up now and undertake the Pilgrimage!!!

Chapter 1: The Situation

Chapter 1: The Situation (1066)

This is Radomir - count of Dorostotum, rightful ruler of the Turnovo duchy, rightful ruler of all the lands his people reside in and more.

The kigdom is now divided between foreign rulers. To reunite it, we need 9 provinces out of 18 under our control. We can get all the land we need from the Byzantines. If we get lucky, we might even snatch a few provinces from the Pechenegs, making the process faster and easier.

A few of our neighbours are in unfavorable position. If they don't marry soon and make children, their domains will come to their liege's possession, making them (liege) stronger. There's good news though, the province of Constantia is ruled by Radomir's Greek half-brother, and if something unfortunate is to happen to him or his heirs, Radomir would inherit it. This is where our strategic marriages and assassinations come in.

In preparation, we spend all our hard earned treasury luring ladies to our court. Our needs are very specific so the greater the selection, the better.

To our brother, we offer the most infertile spouse we can find. The less children he has, the less money we spend on assassins. Best if he has none.

To our two province neighbour, the one with normal fertility. We don't want him to die without an heir and we don't want him to have lots of potential heirs either.

To the rest of our neighbours we offer our most fertile selection. Making lots of babies will ensure that those provinces do not fall under more powerful rulers' greedy hands. We'll come back to them later.

As for Radomir, princess of Navarre will become his wife. She has decent stats in stewardship, intrigue and diplomacy, plus we get the juicy prestige.

One more thing worthy of mention, our liege is the heir of the duchy of Nikaea. Assassinating him will make sure he never inherits it (doh!), which will make our independence war less difficult. This will be our primary objective once we secure Constantia and the two province neighbour.

I just hope we are not too late when it comes to that.

Interesting AAR ! I will follow this !

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

This looks very promising, lots of skulduggery already, even extending to who marries who! I daresay attempting to keep Byzantium's meddlesome influence out of Bulgaria will prove quite difficult. I'll keep an eye on this.
    This AAR Soks
    WritAAR of the Week: 8 January 2012 and Weekly AAR Showcase: 15 April 2012

Are you Deshtined to suffer another kiss?
    Favourite EU Comedy AAR AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 (Q3) and 2011 (Q3)
    Character Writer of the Week: 5 December 2010

My Inkwell - Warning! This content is rated EP: Extremely Poor
    Fan of the Week: 7 September 2010, 27 February 2011 and 26 April 2012

Imperial Guard Conscript Delta107's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Hearts of Iron: The Card Game500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    I demand an update!!!
    Bridling the Horses of Saint Mark.
    "Full scan. The Emperor protects. But it does no harm to double check."
    Captain Severus of the Ultramarines

Do you want to be blessed by the True Pantheon? Do you want to be favoured by the Four like a true son? Sign up now and undertake the Pilgrimage!!!

+ Reply to Thread