• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Naval battles? Is this an allusion to the possible introduction of this feature in future in case we'll be diligent boys and will not be engaged in piracy?)

Last edited:
Support companies if you love that they doing - unlike restaurant (you never get back if food was terrible) - same company makes perfect games and teribble ones as DA:O (nearly perfect) and DA2 (not replayable) - so try first, then buy is a good strategy, paradox is another story, they have demos, so basicly you can see what u are getting. And another 2 cents - CK2 is astonishing game - will preorder all future DLC's and expansions :wub:

Missing out on multiplayer :p It is such a hassle to get MP working in any paradox game that that's not even an issue with piracy

I pirated the game, because usually these games are so buggy and unbalanced out the gate, and I wanted to see if it was worth buying yet or picking up a year down the road for $20. Was pleasantly surprised at having no hiccups playing a Connacht game to completion and bought it.

Yeah yeah could've played the demo. Demos don't give the whole picture of issues that could come up with the game. If I played a short demo I would have no idea of stability issues in a long game. Remember how in Hearts of Iron 2 it would bog down to a complete crawl after a few years?

Last edited:
i am a viking and i like to plunder whores from the continential cost. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRSGSb7_L2Y

Her hair was not the first thing that caught my eye, if you catch my drift. ;)

Piracy is simply not justifiable(sp?) to me. If a company rips you off once, shame on them, if they do it twice shame on you, if you keep falling for it, you're pretty dense. Madden NFL Football, SOCOM US NAVY SEALS, and a few other titles are company and developers that have simply proven to not give a damn about the hardcore fanbase and as such have lost my support. I do not pirate their games to test run them in the off chance I may like the product;just simply do not purchase them (which really hurts because I loved SOCOM on the PS2.

Many of you are drawing this fine line saying you play until you know you likeit or not, but how many hours did you play until you realized you liked it or not? At what point did your hours of play warrant a purchase? Did you play 5-10 hours and then realize on the Nth level realize, eh not for me. I do not sypathize with big corporations ripping you off but I'm also not for the consumer ripping off big corporations.

Take the high raod and just ignore their product or jump in and take the risk. Or buy used. Piracy hurts the honest consumer, be they sheep or not.

A game's success is determined by sales from a buisness perspective. Pirating hurts sales which hurts the chances of continued support for said game and potential sequels.

You talk about buying used, then say that piracy hurts sales.

Do you think the profit from used games go back to the company? Every used game sale is a loss for the company too by your definition, and more and more the industry is trying to kill the used games market.

Some people just don't like risks, alas. And yeah, buying it used and pirating it are basically the same thing from the point of view of the makers of the game.

God, look at the amount of self-rightousness in this thread.

Yes, Paradox needs money to operate. Piracy is bad for Paradox. Pirating is wrong especially when it is against such a nice company as Paradox. It's bad. It's wrong. It's badong. Piracy hurts Paradox. Do you really want to hurt Paradox?

That is my opinion. If you want to check the game to see if it's buggy, play the demo or ask the forums. Everything else is just whitewashing. The games aren't even that expensive and often are on sale on Gamersgate if you wait a little. Games aren't a human right. Someones intellectual property is not a right.

Last edited:
God, look at the amount of self-rightousness in this thread.

Yes, Paradox needs money to operate. Piracy is bad for Paradox. Pirating is wrong when it is against such a nice company as Paradox. It's bad. It's wrong. It's badong. Piracy hurts Paradox. Do you really want to hurt Paradox?

That is my opinion. If you want to check the game to see if it's buggy, play the demo or ask the forums. Everything else is just whitewashing. The games aren't even that expensive and often are on sale on Gamersgate if you wait a little. Games aren't a human right. Someones intellectual property is not a right.

Italicized and bolded your hypocrisy.
Talk about whitewashing.

Italicized and bolded your hypocrisy.
Talk about whitewashing.

Wait, so that renders my argument invalid? How?

Oh never mind. I changed it to what I meant. Is the so called hipocracy still there?

In realted news, I think it's wierd that people so happily claim that they have pirated the game here. I mean come on, this is Pardox' own forum. They will read this. And then admitting that you don't consider their game worth paying for? I mean come on. That's just mean and rude.

Piracy is simply not justifiable(sp?) to me. If a company rips you off once, shame on them, if they do it twice shame on you, if you keep falling for it, you're pretty dense. Madden NFL Football, SOCOM US NAVY SEALS, and a few other titles are company and developers that have simply proven to not give a damn about the hardcore fanbase and as such have lost my support. I do not pirate their games to test run them in the off chance I may like the product;just simply do not purchase them (which really hurts because I loved SOCOM on the PS2.
With all due respect, dont you think you are hurting the developers of thoses games more than if you actualy pirated their games ?
To regain your confidence they will either have to launch a spensive marketing campaign or make a game so good that word to mouth reachs you that their games are good again, all of this just because you refuse to try their games again yourself.

Last edited:
Wait, so that renders my argument invalid? How?

Oh never mind. I changed it to what I meant. Is the so called hipocracy still there?

In realted news, I think it's wierd that people so happily claim that they have pirated the game here. I mean come on, this is Pardox' own forum. They will read this. And then admitting that you don't consider their game worth paying for? I mean come on. That's just mean and rude.

Its hypocrisy because the way you wrote it make it seem as if you thought piracy was only bad when it hurt a company you liked, but not so otherwise. Basically, thats like saying there are times when piracy is not an issue or can even be beneficial, which is what other people here where arguing. It is fixed now, thought I wonder if it was something like a freudian slip :p

Its hypocrisy because the way you wrote it make it seem as if you thought piracy was only bad when it hurt a company you liked, but not so otherwise. Basically, thats like saying there are times when piracy is not an issue or can even be beneficial, which is what other people here where arguing. It is fixed now, thought I wonder if it was something like a freudian slip :p

Yes, of course, because I argue against piracy I must be a pirate or at least condone it.

Please, sir. With all due respect, that's not sound logic.

But you might be right in a way, because I get more upset if it happens to a company I like that's also kinda small like our beloved Paradox. If it happened to EA, still not a good thing but it's stealing from a millionaire. A millionaire I do not personally know. While Paradox is more the... next-door-neighbor of game developers.

I'd like to add that i'm a repenter too.
Tried the EU3 demo: didn't understand a thing and got locked out from the game after the timer went out too many times. Tried the "full version" and spent hours into it. Finally conceded defeat when it went on sale before HTTT and have been hooked since then.

Seriously I can't aproove of piracy but it seems to have worked out for many people. Plus there is an important factor to keep in mind in converting people:
-DRM free install.
-Forums
-Modding community
-Forums
-Forums
-and the forums.

I can't insist enough on the power of the community that is for once mature, fun and extremely helpful. To me they represent 50% of the goodwill of paradox.
So thanks to all of you!