• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Bertouch

Musical Tree Surgeon
19 Badges
Feb 15, 2007
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sengoku
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • King Arthur II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
Just as it says. Reasonable, achievable suggestions for either a patch, or an expansion. I'll go first, just to show I'm brave:

1) Allow the AI or player to offer a one-time "deal" to end a war that's not going well. Something that falls short of what the other side wanted, but isn't a white peace. Said deal to include part of what the other side wanted, if possible, and the services of one or more medium-to-high ranking courtiers from the loser's court. Literally transfers these people over. And yes, this is historically accurate: courtiers in a given very desired field were often fought over by the Renaissance equivalent of "professional headhunters," and it also wasn't unusual for one or more courtiers of great quality to switch courts to sweeten the signing of a peace treaty.

Over to you.

- Intermediate peace settlements (verify with... History).
- Program claims lacking (Queen Isabelle having no claim on France, Mathilde de Normandie having no claim on England)....

Everyone playable. I think the devs have heard more than they can handle about Muslims and Pagans (who I support adding in), but I'd also like to see theocracies and republics as viable options. Imagine trying to survive as the Republic of Cordoba, or recreating Venice's role in the crusades... or just playing the Pope.

Oh, and Muslim flags completely redone. Right now it's so random and ahistorical that I turn them off and use the christian/pagan flags even if it means giving a few of them crosses.

A small AI change I'd like is to remove its tendency to continually attack my sieging army with their 12-man levy they pull up in the province. It's just annoying, do they get any real benefit from it?

I think it would be good in the ledger if you could see stats for all vassals in your realm. Say if you're a vassal of France, you would be able to see stats such as gold, total forces, prestige bla bla bla for all the vassals within the French realm.

A small AI change I'd like is to remove its tendency to continually attack my sieging army with their 12-man levy they pull up in the province. It's just annoying, do they get any real benefit from it?

Sometimes, but really rare they can kill enough of sieging forces to get garrison>siegers and stop siege. i saw it once in my game.

Attrition. And a chance to kill/capture leaders.

-ability to change which holding should be capital in your county (i dont want to give duchy title to my bishop!)

-some changes in colour of Eastern Europe - almost all are red-like (hungary, poland, halich, volhynia etc.)

-in menu of country selection under the face of the ruler - bolded culture (for instance german) and religion with graphic half-moon or cross. There also could be bigger font for realm name

-different de jure map for Christians and Muslims (it is not necessary to toggle it on/off, it can be seen only by computer). Muslims would create Kingdom Al-Andalus, Ottoman Empire, Istanbul, Lehistan (Old-turkish name of Poland) and they would need different provinces to do it.

Last edited:
Attrition. And a chance to kill/capture leaders.

This. Somehow a 12 man levy managed to charge through my 7000 strong sieging army and slay the Emperor of the Byzantine Empire, leaving his 3 year old son in charge during a war against the mighty Turks and to deal with a lot of angry vassals at home.

Scalable fonts. I imagine that would also require adjustable UI elements, which are less important to me. The main concern for me is that I have trouble reading virtually all the text in this game.

Vassals that actually defends their own lands from rebels unless it is unreasonable to do so, The crown shouldnt have to intervene every time against some band of peasants that decide to rise up.

Last edited:
This. Somehow a 12 man levy managed to charge through my 7000 strong sieging army and slay the Emperor of the Byzantine Empire, leaving his 3 year old son in charge during a war against the mighty Turks and to deal with a lot of angry vassals at home.

Alright, well I suppose if it's possible than it's worth doing. I would just think it would be more prudent to wait for a larger force (even if it is just a suicide mission).

1. Fix the broken Messaging System. Right away I had 2 High Priority messages that only appeared in the message box at the bottom and not in the Tabs section. Hardly anything is going where it should. (In an information based game this seems very important to me, especially to new players)

2. Larger fonts. (super long shot, but this would be really nice)

Some more intrigue options and plots seems a bit plain right now. One i think they should bring over from Sengoku is the plot to attack another realm. This would allow you to gather some allies in battle when you lack the children to marry off and utilize disloyal vassals in that realm.

- adjust combat so 12 men spawning into a 2000 man army don't cause 6 casualties. Are these suicide bombers? I swear I've lost a ruler to this (though I clicked "close" on combat before I noticed the "you're dead, dude!" message)(@clymsdale - exactly! that's what I'm on about).

- Two Words: SECRET HISTORY FILES! Yes, that's three words but it's worth every one of them. Only the CK2 Program can reveal the real truth behind who killed me and how I died. At the end of game screen, I'd like to see the SECRET HISTORY (now it's two words) of how the rulers died, who plotted against them etc. The little we lose in "you'll always be wondering" is more than offset but the multiple "holy crap" responses each game will produce. How many assassinations aren't correctly assigned blame? This would be great for all players and amazing for AARtists.

- A "my own culture only" checkbox for Guardians. Try playing Ireland/Scotland with a Greek Queen and you'll see why (the sun was in my eyes).

- Two words: Lesbian Finder!

- Okay, forget the last one, but a Matrilineal Marriage finder with a full list would be good. IIRC the marriage button gets you all possible spouses ranked as you like, but matrilineal you have to go realm by realm. Now that the exploit is handled, making this difficult is no longer beneficial.

- Reduce illness chances but make it more dangerous. Right now illness is <yawn> not dangerous.

- Fewer seige events, give the same overall impact to both sides, but with fewer messages. Right now they hardly affect the progress and occur too often.

- a way to disable tiny battle results. Frankly, beyond a certain ratio I would not even conduct combat. If one side is >100 x the other, make the little guys just vanish with no calculation, no casualties in the real army, and no report (unless you were the small army).

- Two words: Lesbian Finder!

SECRET HISTORY FILES would be fantastic. You formulate certain guesses during the game, finding out later just how wrong you were would be jaw-dropping at least once per game is my guess. Yes, some people will peak, but some people really want a lesbian finder. There's no accounting for tastes. SECRET HISTORY FILES would be an easy yet memorable addition to the game experience, and a whole lot easier to explain to your wives/girlfriends than a lesbian finder.

EDIT - also, give finding a new lover a chance to cure depression, and losing one a chance to cause it. Might want to do something similar to relieve stress. In the game, I mean.

Last edited:
I love the game and think it needs very little added features. I would like some more streamlined user interface:
1. When a counciler is replaced, he automatically resumes the activities that the previous counciler was doing.
2. Education (and Marriage) notification jump to the selection mode. Education currently open the character display and then you have to select the diplomacy and then select the educate child
3. Events that provide traits show the impact of the trait (i.e. +1 martial)
4. Imprisonment notification jumps to the character. I would rather it jump to the plot screen so I can see the plot before deciding if I want to do something.
5. I find the technology research rate information confusing and partial information. (side note: I have asked for information/clarification 3 times on this forum without any response)
6. The matrilinear marriage option is also clunky. I would rather choose the option and then have the screen show all of the possible characters that would say yes.

-Kill streaks.
-Perks.
-New multi-player maps. This one is getting old already.
-Ability to dual wield swords.

- adjust combat so 12 men spawning into a 2000 man army don't cause 6 casualties. Are these suicide bombers? I swear I've lost a ruler to this (though I clicked "close" on combat before I noticed the "you're dead, dude!" message)(@clymsdale - exactly! that's what I'm on about).

Maybe those 12 were the ones who snuck out the catapult and used it to launch the cow. (Monty Python reference.)

- Two Words: SECRET HISTORY FILES! Yes, that's three words but it's worth every one of them. Only the CK2 Program can reveal the real truth behind who killed me and how I died. At the end of game screen, I'd like to see the SECRET HISTORY (now it's two words) of how the rulers died, who plotted against them etc. The little we lose in "you'll always be wondering" is more than offset but the multiple "holy crap" responses each game will produce. How many assassinations aren't correctly assigned blame? This would be great for all players and amazing for AARtists.

Would love to see this, and more: a whole history of your realm. But I know that's just asking far, far too much.

- A "my own culture only" checkbox for Guardians. Try playing Ireland/Scotland with a Greek Queen and you'll see why (the sun was in my eyes).

Agreed. Half my Swedish kingdom are now made up of Georgians because of one very well-respected tutor.

- Reduce illness chances but make it more dangerous. Right now illness is <yawn> not dangerous.

I've lost a good third of my courtiers and two tutors, and three council seats to one epidemic of typhoid fever. It can get very serious. It just doesn't happen often, and that's relatively accurate: the nobility had mobility, so to speak. Those who stayed in plagued areas often caught it, but the ones who moved quickly and far stood a better chance of escaping the contagion.