• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
When conquering Jerusalem on own account (not at request of the pope via an crusade) at least a note of gratitude for taking the holy city from non christians, or to show more of his apprisiation for such accomplisment, maybe some extra piety or gold would be nice.

As well starting maybe a series of events when taking the city; such as, to convert to christianity, to kill all non christians in the city (historically seen the crusaders did do something like it, right?), maybe retrieve holy abjects to rome or home capital as souvenir ;)

That last point would be solved with a system of casus belli and counter-casus belli like in Victoria. Like, for instance, the Emir of Valencia attacks me, I want to repell his insignificant attack, go to his lands, ravage his cities and add a "holy war" casus belli so I can take all his lands.

It's the Middle Ages. Might makes right.

1) More culture-specific buildings.

2) A way to Press All Vassal Claims at once. (It would keep me from having to declare a war for each province when trying to reconquer Asia Minor when starting as Emperor Komnenos at the end of the 11th century.)

1. Ledger list of all dynasties active and their dynasty prestige.

2. When the spymaster pop-up fires telling you about a plot I want a button on the pop up to ask the leader to stop. I hate having to pause the game every time and hunt through three menus searching for the plot. Especially when its the same plot every three weeks again and again. Ugh.

3. Implement the rally points from Victoria. When armies are heading to the rally point, program them to avoid enemy armies. I want to hit one button and have my army form up without getting slaughtered when a stream of 50 person groups runs through the same small AI army running about. Put a checkbox on the unit icon set to rally or not rally so I can take charge of any groups I want.

4. Put a button on my king's portrait that lets me order him not to lead armies. When I have a weak fighter I don't want to hunt for him to remove him from his army every single time.

5. When pressing all claims, include ducal claims. Why are these not included and have to be pressed separately one by one?

6. Include a tooltip before you declare war on press all claims stating what exactly you're going to get at the end, including new vassal counts and dukes. When you're pressing a duke or king title, it's not always clear which counties are going to transfer to your realm if you win.

7. Include a tooltip when you press a courtier claim in red telling you when he's not going to be a vassal if you win.

or the option to create our own dynasty at the game start, without editing game files.

This would be very cool! Nice idea for a small DLC perhaps. I'd love to answer a dozen questions and have my information replace the in-game information.

It'd have to be limited, I think, you can't expect a simple process to replace more than one guy in the Feudal chain. But I really like this for what that's worth.

This would be very cool! Nice idea for a small DLC perhaps. I'd love to answer a dozen questions and have my information replace the in-game information.

It'd have to be limited, I think, you can't expect a simple process to replace more than one guy in the Feudal chain. But I really like this for what that's worth.

Yeah me three I'd go for this answering question to get my family put into the game without ME having to muck with the files. So let it be written so let it be done. ;)

1.character search list only for your own courtiers and then your own vassals courtiers.

2.character search lists for claimants

Last edited:
Plots, more plots, and still more plots.
Find Province key or shortcut
Find Dynasty key or shortcut
More plots, a lot of plots.
More ambitions.

1.character search list only for courtiers and then vassals courtiers.
Isn't "ruler = no" good enough for finding courtiers?

I would like to be able to search only my own court. I know you can see your court on the character page, but the search menu is much more useful since you can sort by attribute, etc..

* tone down assassins and make them generally more realistic. (seldom used and a last resort as opposed to spam them to solve all your problems as it is now)
* i also lack quite a few options in dealing with my liege but I can't remember them right now. :D
* many of the decisions/traits needs a complete overhaul. just to give one example, why is there an event where i can decide between gaining 50 prestige and losing 100 prestige?
* mortility rate needs to be boosted.
* the dynasty screen is laggy to the point of unusability once there are more than 75 people in your dynasty.
* i don't agree with the rating system, where you get points proportional to the amount of prestige & piety on your death. this should obviously be prestige & piety from every character in your dynasty, not just the ones you play directly.
* dynasty mapmode for the startscreen! seriously, i don't get how that could've been omitted in a game where you play a dynasty.

Last edited:
Isn't "ruler = no" good enough for finding courtiers?

I would like to be able to search only my own court. I know you can see your court on the character page, but the search menu is much more useful since you can sort by attribute, etc..

your own courtiers, i will edit it...

Random Persian shahs shouldn't declare Jihad on you, and then have no attrition and march across two deserts to reach Jerusalem.

A Sunni nation should not come to the religious defense of a Shi'a nation.

mine is working fine...

The ability to raise levies from the info screen of either a vassal character, the capital of a vassal's territory, or the vassal law screen (where it shows the claimants, etc.). As it is now, if I want to raise just the levies of a particular vassal, I have to search through the list of vassals on the military screen, which is not always easy if you have a lot of vassals. As the Byzantines, I've taken to creating as many Despotate (kingdoms) vassals as possibly, mainly just to streamline my vassal list (the prestige bump is just a nice bonus).