• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Doomdark

Chief Creative Officer
Paradox Staff
61 Badges
Apr 3, 2000
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Starvoid
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • War of the Roses
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
IMPORTANT NOTE:

People who purchased the game from GamersGate should also reinstall DLC #1 - Dynasty Coat of Arms Pack (or they will look garbled in the game.)

The In-Game store will now accept special characters in the username and passwords.

The Steam version will be out in a few hours...

Checksum: KUMH

CHANGE LOG:

- Loading a save where you had marked characters of interest or non-interest will no longer crash the game
- Fixed a bug with the de jure modifier not being initialized correctly for most kingdoms and above
- Fixed a tooltip crash in the Realm Tree
- Fixed an issue with long MP game connection times
- Fixed an MP OOS issue that would manifest a day or two after starting
- Fixed an issue with burgher heirs retaining burgher laws when inheriting a feudal demesne
- Fixed several script errors with the special CoAs in Dynasty CoA Pack DLC
- The texture in the Dynasty CoA Pack DLC now works correctly on all graphics cards
- Children of rulers now automatically get the appropriate claims when you start a new game (they don't need to be scripted in)
- Fixed the Steam install script so it won't run every time you start the application
- In order to ask for an invasion CB, you must be at peace and either have a claim on a primary title of the target's, or have fewer holdings in your realm
- AI will now change tech focus
- Revised reverse demands for CBs to make them more interesting
- Diplo AI: Will not allow matrilineal marriages with unimportant characters
- Diplo AI: Will say no to marriages that would make valuable courtiers (councillors) move
- Diplo AI: Will be reluctant to let skilled courtiers move to marry
- Diplo AI: Will now sometimes grant titles to unlanded courtiers again!
- Diplo AI: Fixed a bug where a completely beaten AI would surrender too easy
- Diplo AI: Muted AI spam about marriages if player already declined offer
- Diplo AI: Will not declare religious wars for overseas territories that de jure belong to an independent duke or king of its own faith
- Invasion AI: Better at not disembarking into an enemy army
- Invasion AI: Optimized prio target selection
- Invasion AI: Fixed an issue with pointless counter-invasions
- Invasion AI: Will now load armies in port when possible, in order to avoid loading armies onto the wrong fleets
- Invasion AI: Should now understand how to target peasant rebels
- Resigning now changes the checksum, so you cannot join an MP game without restarting the game (which would cause an OOS anyway.)
- Boosted the strength of peasant rebel units by 50%
- Fixed a bug with the CB for the Institute Gavelkind plot
- Upped the length of truces to 10 years (from 3)
- Added fractions to the revolt risk in the province view
- Added a monthly law vote check to make sure laws pass when they should
- Fixed a bug with port buildings not giving more galleys
- Fixed a problem with running the game on large TV screens
- Raised mercenary hire costs a little bit
- Flank leader damage bonus changed from 1% to 2% for each point in martial
- Fixed an issue where granting titles would disband troops
- Fixed an issue with a plot where the target would retain his title even when he folded
- Fixed a problem with playing the Earl of Durhamn causing immediate game over
- Ask for ransom interaction can now be initiated with the liege
- Ask to ransom interaction in the diplomacy window now has a proper title when selecting target
- Rebalanced the initial situation between William, Harald and Harold
- Gave Edward III a claim on France so the 100 years war bookmark will work correctly
- Corrected the history of Gevaudan to avoid dead "Serene Doges" of France at startup and make sure it has prince bishops at the end

There is a direct link to the GamersGate patch in the Tech Support forum.

Last edited:
I'd like an "Only My Culture" button for guardian selection. You think holding two crowns is bad? Try holding the Kingdoms of Ireland and Scotland with an accidentally Greek Queen (murdered) and her Greek daughter! Yes, it's my fault, but please help me not be so stupid in the future.

EDIT - any help given to GG login problems?

IMPORTANT NOTE:

People who purchased the game from GamersGate should also reinstall DLC #1 - Dynasty Coat of Arms Pack (or they will look garbled in the game.)

How do I do that? Uncheck it in the launcher, start, quit, reselect?

- Diplo AI: Will not allow matrilineal marriages with unimportant characters

What exactly does this mean? A liege will never accent a matrilinear marriage proposal for one of his courtiers?

How do I do that? Uncheck it in the launcher, start, quit, reselect?

What exactly does this mean? A liege will never accent a matrilinear marriage proposal for one of his courtiers?

I guess preveting stealing skilled courtiers from all around the world. (It was easy to have constantly 20+ skilled people in every position of your court)

If you try to marry some random (i.e. not your relative) lady in your court matrilineally to a foreign courtier, his liege will refuse.

I guess preveting stealing skilled courtiers from all around the world. (It was easy to have constantly 20+ skilled people in every position of your court)

Shouldn't these two handle that;

- Diplo AI: Will say no to marriages that would make valuable courtiers (councillors) move
- Diplo AI: Will be reluctant to let skilled courtiers move to marry

I already have enough trouble finding marriages as it is sometimes, I worried female rulers or heirs having trouble getting a suitable match won't just be able to say "ah screw it" so to speak and take the prestige hit.

EDIT:

If you try to marry some random (i.e. not your relative) lady in your court matrilineally to a foreign courtier, his liege will refuse.

Fears allayed. :)

How do we get the patch on the GG version? I am showing I still have version 1.02b and cannot find any way to auto-update via the game interface. Checksum is JBOO. Can't find any way to patch.

Regards,

Gumby